The strangest / most original dramas you've ever watched? 😯

What’s the weirdest or most original dramas you’ve ever watched?
Have you ever dropped a drama because you found it too ridiculous or too weird?

The weirdest drama I have ever watched is

Currently, I’m watching

I was a little hesitant at first, given the synopsis. But, what I wouldn’t do for Cha Eun Woo…

9 Likes

I’ve probably watched a lot of weird ones. Japan does a lot of weird ones :joy:
I thought of a lot of dramas when I saw your title :laughing:

One of my fav weird ones is:

7 Likes

Yes, it’s true. :joy: The Japanese have the most original stories.

11 Likes

“The Golden Spoon” I just didn’t like the idea were the girl tangled between the two men! It was just weird, I can’t even describe it :expressionless: I stopped watching it in the middle!

4 Likes

There is another one on you-know-who, “He is expecting” :joy: I watched only the trailer, but the idea is too weird :joy:

4 Likes

I totally agree that J-dramas are the weirdest ever but recently there was that K- drama, i didn’t drop it but skipped A LOT to the point of only watching the ML/FL scenes, not because of the romance or anything but simply because they were almost the only ones talking about the main event. I like the ML but that was a silly drama for sure.

5 Likes

I agree. In my case, her superpower disturbed me until the last episode.

4 Likes

yeah because that’s sexual harassment, but may i add that her character was stupid , the plot has issues & doesn’t make any sense, i really don’t want to spoil it for anyone so spolier alert

the FL kept liking the 2nd ML who got killed btw till the last 20 mins or so
people kept suspecting the shaman but doesn’t say a word, just went alone to investigate so he can k ill them i guess lol
i mean, the other guy with the superpower could have just said his name b4 he die but nooo, let’s say a random word & let them question everything
all the side characters were weird & doesn’t have any purpose
you know i can go on & on, sooo sorry. i’m just so frustrated because i really like the ML

4 Likes

:rofl:

Because it’s a comedy, I guess the FL had to be like this. The others were no better:

They should have catch the killer sooner.

4 Likes

I’ve seen stupid FL but not like that.
you know what the writer is the most stupid, i mean what do you mean ppl can’t see while wearing sunglasses , plz did you wear one b4 lol

4 Likes

I liked her. I’ve seen worse than that.

:rofl:
Yes, that was weird and it took them too long to figure it out.

4 Likes

Pleasantly surprised by this…

It’s rather unbelievable, though after its predecessor, it can be believable lol, like Superman was and still is. I’m leaning toward being totally sold! I guess its believably promising and inspiring. Also glad that Kim Jung Eun is back with Kim Hae Sook, two awesome veterans. Lee You Mi and Ong Seong Wu are new to me, but I love their CP feel, and they do fit their roles. Wonder if they’ll end up like their predecessor CP… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_peeking_eye:

The cute part was when that CP, Park Bo Young and Park Hyung Sik, made a special appearance. Haha, they are as cute as ever here, as they were in…

I thought it is (and the prior version, was) quite original. Can’t wait to watch how it will develop, all around.

Kudos to all, in both dramas! :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

PS: Hope Strong Girl Namsoon will be available on Viki soon.

6 Likes

Their cameo was great :heart_eyes:

652a82e5ce8c0-park-bo-young-dan-park-hyung-sik_olret

7 Likes

Almost 7 years have passed. Compared to the poster, they have changed so much. I am still happy to see their cameo. I am not watching Season 2, but I still watched episode 3 to see them.

5 Likes

i agree, maybe if they made it a 12 episodes drama, they could have removed all the unnecessary characters & scenes, focused on the serial killer & no need to k ill all these ppl.

3 Likes

Really? :hushed:
I don’t think they’ve changed much, just longer hair.

2 Likes

I thought so, too. They still look cute together :star_struck:

3 Likes

That is a tough question for someone like me, who has watched so many dramas.

Sometimes the drama is not too weird by itself, even though it has some strange elements, but in this case it was cultural based New Tales of Gisaeng, but because of its success they prolonged it a few episodes, you know, to milk the cow a bit longer. So they let one of the characters being possessed, but it did not feel homogeneous with the rest of the story, if it was in the script from the start, well … If it was added to create more story, I rather would have liked another way. But what is done, is done.

Most original - Radiant - the way of the cutting was brilliant, just like her mind was wandering … It took me a while to understand, but it was done greatly, maybe some did not like it, I don’t know, but I admit it was challenging at times.

J-dramas another challenge, and yes sometimes weird, for me often the kind of weird that keeps my mind going. Stories that I reflect over every once in a while. Some are only weird at first glance, and some really portray some oddballs, but in my case most oddballs are holding a dear place in my heart. I try to avoid the heavy dark once, but not to the point of zero.

Back to K-dramas, one weird drama but special and loved by me, FL and ML are both oddballs in their own way - History of Salaryman. Weird in a good way, doesn’t mean poor script, that would be a case of bad drama, but this was a feast for me.

5 Likes

I’ve seen that trailer too :joy_cat:
It’s an interesting concept though, sort of reminded me of the start of Birthcare center, but a role reversal.
It’s on my list, so I’ll let you know how weird it is :wink:

2 Likes

Had some time, so I watched it :laughing:
Except for the premise of a man being able to give birth, which seems to be part of the world in the drama, the show is pretty normal and felt like a commentary on gender roles when it comes to giving birth and being parents.
I think they showed a pretty realistic way of how society would view the man / woman in that situation.
The scenes related to him being pregnant felt pretty weird though :joy:, especially since we are viewing it through his eyes / a judgmental society.

2 Likes