They got completed anyway

He’s a good actor just not my type

2 Likes

Totally your my people - SAME

2 Likes

Yup!

Angry Mom,

I tried, I really tried, but Somewhere along the line, I pitched it, it had to goooo!:notes::musical_note:

The FLs, Kim heesun, and Kim Yoojung have both starred in unforgettable works, but Angry Mom was not it!

2 Likes

Same. I am so confused as to why this one is rated so highly. It seemed like it was trying to be really funny and so much of that just fell totally flat.

2 Likes

I’m actually LOVING anti-fan right now. That might change a few eps from now, but I love the slow buildup from mutual dislike to friendship to more-than-friends. From the timed comments I think a lot of people are finding it too slow, but I think it is realistic. And I don’t mind the female lead. I think she’s thrown into a situation she doesn’t really want to be in out of desperation (losing her job and home) and into this reality tv world where she’s basically been cast to be the comic villain, and so far there’s been some character development as she is gradually becoming less naive about the show business people she meets.

Anyway, it’s a slow build but I think the writing on this one is excellent. Maybe it’s not for everybody, but it’s definitely gradually growing on me.

3 Likes

I love Park Hyung Sik - and I love Park Min Young but it just wasn’t my style. I wanted so much to like it. Too many plots too much going on and the slapstick I didn’t like it…but everyone has different taste. My favorite Park Hyung Sik is High Society - the show is very campy but he was brilliant I love his character.

2 Likes

The Heirs. The romance plot was OK, but the parental disapproval stuff just dragged on and on forever. It’s harsh, but I love romances where the chaebol is orphaned (or the rare ones with decent parents) because the sucking up to the old people episodes can be excruciating.

3 Likes

Likewise. The end took like forever Xx

In my case:
Romance is a Bonus Book - I don’t know, but watching this felt frustrating. Maybe because I’m 30+, started university late etc.
Weightlifting Fairy - I know it’s a legend, but I was really bored, so I skipped a lot and somehow finished it.

Then I usually stop watching something around episode 11 because a major ridiculous fallout happens that annoys the hell out of me… and I already assume that this will happen, so I’m sort of hesitant to continue. I call it the “episode 11-15 blues” :laughing: (in Chinese dramas it usually happens around episode 22 though).

In regard to “Strong Woman”: When I started watching this I stopped when I watched the scene where she dealt with the gangsters because it felt… weird. Only months later I continued and suddenly liked it more. Maybe the start is just weird or I got used over time to weird stuff. I’m not sure about this either.

2 Likes

I have a problem in here because I think that I should finish the show even when I’m bored. But these are the shows that I didn’t enjoy and I can’t wait to finish:

https://mydramalist.com/10621-best-wedding

I can’t even find a reason why I watched the second season hahaha

3 Likes

This is the only one that I have heard of and lots of people like it! But I have not watched it yet

3 Likes

SAME - I love LJS but this one wasn’t a go for me.

Yesssssssss! This happens to me I didn’t know it was a thing! You’re right I bail around those episodes. Well you usually get a kiss in Eps 10 - then the stuff starts happening that bugs me

2 Likes

Did you watch the Japanese version?

2 Likes

I have watched neither version- which is better?

2 Likes

I didn’t watch Korean version but both Japanese versions. The girls in all versions are dumb and boys are smart geniuses. So, for me, the first Japanese version (1996) is the best. It is short and cool. The latter Japanese version also has a second season where they continued the story after they married, so in regards with the story, latter Japanese version (2013-2014) is the best.

Ha ha! I have a collection called:
“Shows I watched but I wish I hadn’t”

It includes

Eccentric! Chef Moon

My Mowgli Boy

Meow, the Secret Boy

My Secret Romance

The Undateables

Level Up

Twelve Nights

Panda and Hedgehog

Manhole

Cinderella and Four Knights

Melting Me Softly

The Liar and His Lover

Melo Holic

The Starry Night, The Starry Sea

Bride of the Water God

Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency

Moment of Eighteen

Revenge Note 1

Revenge Note 2

My ID Is Gangnam Beauty

More Than Friends

How To Be Thirty

More Than Friends

How To Be Thirty

And these are just the dramas. There are also many films and web dramas included in the list.

Many of these I couldn’t drop because I was in the team. Many I kept as background as I crochet - for that purpose you need a series or film that you can stop looking at for some seconds without missing anything important.
But still I feel bad about wasting those hours of my life on sub-par content.

4 Likes

Start with finishing Playful Kiss :blush: I liked it lots. I watched it so many years ago, still my lasting impression is, I like it! It would take reviewing my comments to find the flaws, or rewatching. You are truly dedicated :smile: to keep a list of shows to complete, knowing you don’t care too much for any on the list. Remember, K-dramas takes a while to warm up in their story telling. When you find one that hits the ground running, you’ve hit :yellow_heart::pick: gold!

1 Like

This is a worthy thread, do you care to create it?
Three off your list falls into three different
categories for me:

1. Dropped watching: My Mowgli Boy
    The ML is a talented actor regardless

2. Loved watching: The Starry Night, The Starry Sea. I had to adjust to the change in FL between the other seasons of this show, still, I watched, and loved all.

3. On my to watch list: Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency

The rest, I have no interest.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s useful. Because, as you’ve seen yourself, tastes are very different. You loved something that I don’t etc., and many other people may have different opinions as well. So what’s the point?
I do have my collections, and also more detailed and well-organized mydramalist lists. At least there they put the shows by alphabetical order, whereas our Viki collections are in no order at all. Not alphabetical, not in the order you put them, not in chronological order… And there are very few for each page so you have to click on “next” a zillion times, and you have no overall view. You can easily add the same show twice, the system won’t even tell you “it’s already there, no need to add it”. Very poor engineering.
In mydramalist, I found this interesting statistic about what I have watched from late 2015 till today:
292 shows 4,497 episodes, 164 d 9h 4m
Of which
254 dramas and 2 TV shows completed, 4269 episodes
12 dramas on hold (102 episodes already viewed)
18 dramas dropped (86 episodes already viewed, 3.1 days)
6 dramas currently watching (40 episodes already viewed, 1.9 days)
AND
86 movies completed 6d 15h 13m

3 Likes

didn’t like the ending of are you human!!

what bothered me, aqgain the ending!!