"This content is not available"... Is there a list of shows that were available and now are no longer licensed?

I remember some time ago kocowa content airing on viki was always much later, content that was only in English, quasi a loaner from kocowa, and yes I said if… perhaps.

1 Like

I can’t say much about it since my watching habits changed drastically over the past five and especially the past 2 years. I only watch one show at a time, that is fully subbed and finished airing. Only one time I broke this habit because of a special situation of a drama I anticipated with a certain actor, and he was switch so to be able to compare the portrayal of the ML’s character I watched it prior to being finish. That was the only exception so far.

So, if a drama was streamed later for whatever reason, I simply won’t notice that.

5 Likes

Interestingly, Secret Garden and Tree With Deep Roots are here right now. They were gone and then came back or was their license renewed as soon as it expired? They also have their old subs. So Viki does keep them. And it can get licenses again.

4 Likes

Some are back with the viki subs but for pay to see them - not free as they were before they left.

Also, they did say they keep the subs. Sometimes though when it’s put back…the timing is ruined.

FWIW sigh.

4 Likes

Not renewed as soon as it expired, I can’t say anything for the Americas.
For Europe/Germany I can say that:
Faith - was gone round about a year and then came back licensed
Cinderella Sister - was at least 6-8 years gone, now licensed again
Signal - was gone for I think almost a year as well is back with a new license
Jewel of the Palace - was gone - came back, is gone again LOL
Drunken to Love You - was probably 3 years gone, don’t really recall the time, but it is back as well.
Some dramas I think got re-licensed too:
W, Angel Eyes, Healer, Heartstrings, Kill Me Heal Me, I Remember You, Fated To Love You (Korea), Uncontrollably Fond, Hi School - Love On, My Princess, Lie To Me, Personal Taste, Mask, You Are All Surrounded, Shopaholic Louis (even with a different title), Princess Hours, Shining Inheritance, Rooftop Prince, Falling For Innocense, Sungkyunkwan Scandal (I am not sure if this one needed to be re-subbed, I know there was one drama that they saved faulty and the subs were gone, but not sure if this was it.), Coffee Prince, Don’t Dare to Dream, King of High School, and more …

Of course there are dramas who lost the license and never gotten it back, some channels got completely deleted and others never ever got a license for my region, but well … That’s life! Or like the French say - C’est la vie!

4 Likes

What is goooooing on? My head is spinning faster than norrmal. Oh, never mind, it’s just another day in Viki-Land . . .

(Giphy)

1 Like

well…and the two great deletions of the Chinese fan channels…sigh. Few were licensed but most of them, work on them despite their status, yes, gone.

anyway…it’s all part of being a “volunteer”. :frowning:

3 Likes

I just came across this post, posted by @sophie2you, which emphasizes this opened topic. :wink:

3 Likes

Well fan channels in general were deleted from all other countries too, like Thailand, Korea, Romania, Turkey, Russia, France, and now I do not recall the actual country, but it was from South America I think, … As they were not licensed and the laws got stricter.
P.S. there were many, many more from Asian, European and American countries. A lot was lost.

3 Likes

Very sad indeed.

1 Like

I got caught in this! (。•́︿•̀。) “this content is not licensed for your region.” I was watching Rakshasa. :frowning:

1 Like

It’s a terrible feeling when you realize you can’t finish watching a show. Worse that they don’t even warn you that it’s leaving… at least give us a “leaving in 30 day” notice or something so we can binge it quick. 90 days would be better for those epically long Cdramas!!

3 Likes

Good idea! That’s definitely enough notice if they’d do 30 days & 90 days😃 I was on episode 19, it had only 24. Oh well! This was my second time watching it, but it’s been a long while ago since I watched it, and so, I was not rushing my watch.

2 Likes

I was wondering about Oh! My Sweet Liar. I can’t seem to find it anymore and I’ve watched it lol too many times to count. Any answer would be welcome thank you in advance.

1 Like

Based on this clip, posted on Viki’s YouTube channel, they did have it, it’s no longer on Viki. You can put in a request for it to get licensed again. Request a show form

3 Likes

Thank you for answering, I really loved that show. I went ahead and bought it lol. I just wasn’t expecting to see it go so fast lol. I’ve been collecting my favorite shows but certain one’s are hard to come by. Anywho thanks again.

1 Like

Can you advise how I can subscribe to this list? Lately I seem to be watching dramas that suddenly disappear.

This is the website I usually find the lists at:

What's on Netflix - Your guide to what's new and what's coming soon to Netflix (whats-on-netflix.com)

There are categories for what’s coming and what’s going. I haven’t looked into it enough to see if there is a way to subscribe to it or get notifications. I usually just check it from time to time.

1 Like

yes thares a lot that has lost licenses, I requested a lot of them recently. and yes some I was just halfway through them

1 Like

Well… I was watching Chicago Typewriter it was still available yesterday and surprise… it’s not available today anymore. I know it has been said before, but it’s about time Viki send us a warning when a licence is expiring soon… Many platforms already send notice to their users when a drama will be gone, so why don’t we have that here yet in 2022?!!

6 Likes