This Or That (Game)

Same, I’ve had a couple of times that I had to rip the headphones off my head while segmenting. Sudden loud noise and then you have to spend a lot of time listening to it repeatedly :sob:

4 Likes

I get annoyed by both, so I can’t vote for this or that lol. :rofl:

4 Likes

TCs don’t worry me. I think fans like a bad behavior as long as it’s unreal and entertaining.

We discussed this topic here

2 Likes

Me too. :raised_hand:
I’m amused by some, and awed by others (and their insights, though quite few and far between, lately. We used to have very good TCs in the past… :crying_cat_face:).

2 Likes

I prefer the noise. You just have to focus on each voice at a time. For whispers, you have to rely on the reference subtitles.

2 Likes

In general they don’t worry me either, but I’ve moderated the TCs in some dramas and some of the ones I had to delete… multiple people in the comments had issues with these people and what they were saying, so I wasn’t the only one :sob: :sob:. I’m happy when the TCs are for the most part great after being moderated (even better if they were already good before moderating).

Me scratching my head at the cheering on of bad behaviour is more like… hmmm I understand why some people are rooting for the “bad boy”, but at the same time, personally, I can’t get behind it :sweat_smile:.

I think I said it in that thread too

2 Likes

You have the power to ban one of these tropes from Asian dramas:

Doom Truck of Death
OR
Person conveniently dying / getting a random (fatal) disease when the writers don’t know how to wrap up a plot

• Truck-kun
  • Lazy writing potentially ending in death
0 voters

Bonus:

• Truck-kun
  • Amnesia plot
0 voters
1 Like

I think you accidentally made the second poll just for me. Hahahah! Just kidding, but yet again, I have to say AMNESIA PLOTS ARE NOT FOR ME. :joy: :joy: :joy: Unless it makes sense in the fictional universe, (Oddly enough I didn’t have a problem with the amnesia plot in “My Girlfriend is An Alien”. As strange as it may have been, it made sense in the fictional universe and it had a reason which was explained.) I cannot get behind it, because they always conveniently forget just one person and it’s ALWAYS the other lead. I really want to watch the Korean “Boys over Flowers” at some point, but I just know that particular part is going to annoy me. :joy:

4 Likes

In line with the topic of chasing, toxic relationships, and bad boys…

• A cold and aloof “bad boy” ML
  • A puppy dog sunshine ML
0 voters

I totally agree with what was said before. “Bad boys” can be really entertaining as characters, but in my case, I think if someone acted like that in real life, I would immediately forget his name and his existence. :joy:

6 Likes

Same here… Bad boys in fictional worlds are one of my weaknesses. Bad boys in real life are nonstarters.

6 Likes

I also really dislike them. Sure, it can make sense within a story, in that case: go for it. The trope has been overplayed and misused :sob:.

4 Likes

Exactly! They’re actually very annoying in real life. Like, dude, have some respect and get that frown off your face. Act normal. :joy:

It definitely has. So many times the guy is just mean for no reason. And that’s supposed to be attractive? Has nobody taught this boy some basic manners? :joy:

2 Likes

@leerla73 that’s odd. I did this:

Summary

You should see this in the preview:

I don’t see the eye that you are talking about.
If I go back to a previous poll:

When I press the results I can see them

2 Likes

Which trope would you banish?

• Getting Drunk and passing out
  • Piggy Back Ride
0 voters
4 Likes

I did it too, but I don’t get the “result” :bar_chart::signal_strength: only “locked” :lock:

The eye, is when the box is checked to show who voted, but I did not check it, and don’t want it as an option. It still shows. :pensive:

2 Likes

I’ve also never had this problem before.
Maybe someone who has can help?

2 Likes

Hmm… So you did it with that Build Poll option? I actually don’t see this option.
What I did (for the poll I posted)…

…was: post the poll question with html coding for building a poll, which was:

Summary

Any drama remake of whichever country of origin to whatever target language…

[POLL]
  1. Wonderful! Love it! The more the merrier :slight_smile:
  2. Waste of time! Loathe it! Not interested :disappointed:
[/. [POLL]]

The poll shown was…

Summary

Voted, with the option to undo/change vote:
https://i.postimg.cc/43CKYn0G/poll1d.jpg
Results:
https://i.postimg.cc/XNxysjrK/poll1.jpg
With the option to close the poll at a later time (poll is still open atm):
https://i.postimg.cc/rsh0sJBZ/poll1a.jpg

@leerla73
I’m not quite sure what “issues” you’ve encountered, but I hope the above helps. :grinning: :muscle:

2 Likes

Drop the post to see the poll. Why does it automatically gives the poll a close option.:thought_balloon: Everyone’s else’s poll says :bar_chart::signal_strength: results.:bar_chart::signal_strength:

1 Like

You mean this?

Summary

As the creator of the poll you can close your poll.

I see both the results and the close option

@jadecloud88 you’ll see it if you press on the cartwheel menu :blush:

2 Likes

Yes and so often the guy is CEO for no reason (especially in Chinese dramas). He can be rich without being a CEO, right? I’m tired of reading these synopses and it’s even worse when the lead actor is very young.

3 Likes