This Or That (Game)

in my case, that’s it.
i’ve seen a lot of FLs chasing after arrogant MLs, that i fed up lol
my favorite drama is “The Greatest Love”, & one of the reasons is that it was the 1st drama i watched where the arrogant ML was chasing the FL even though his character doesn’t make that makes sense :joy::joy::joy:, it was a very good change.

3 Likes

I do like FLs chasing after MLs first, but in most cases the writing is… :sweat_smile:
And often they tend to make FLs that chase after the ML a bit violent, which is unfortunate.

2 Likes

I also like a good chase, one way or the other, but I feel like girls chasing the guys are often written very stalkerish, which makes me sometimes even wish that such behavior should not be rewarded. But maybe that’s just my own biases because some of the guys’ techniques of the chase should not be rewarded either. :grimacing:

4 Likes

You said it well. It was one of the reasons I disliked the FL in Itaewon Class “getting the guy.”
If the roles had been reversed, a lot more people would be saying that the character was problematic :see_no_evil:

4 Likes
  • Rich ML, Poor FL
  • Poor ML, Rich FL
0 voters
1 Like

I also don’t care much about the gender but usually when it’s the FL, they makes her clingy with little to none self-esteem, accepting everything from the ML, he can insult her, curse her, anything. honestly they maybe getting away with it bcoz she is the cute FL, if it was the ML who was doing it, they would call him weak & a stalker sometimes.
that just reminds me of that drama, “Playfull Kiss”, i’m sorry but i hate that drama & the FL in it. just a perfect example of what i mentioned b4.

4 Likes

I personally don’t see any difference. ML or FL, they can be both clingy, stalkerish and sometimes exceed the limits of what is acceptable. (Boys over Flowers, Love Me if you Dare, Destined with You…)

3 Likes

I agree, just because the question was about what do we prefer watching FL after ML or the opposite & since i really watched A LOT of of the FL chasing after the ML, I picked the opposite …

3 Likes

I wish there were more of the Rich FL with poor ML kind, not because I don’t like the RichML/poorFL but just because I want more of the other too.

5 Likes

I remember I disliked that drama, but I don’t remember the plot that well. I looked it up on MDL and I can safely say I also really disliked the drama :joy_cat:

100% and if you are watching it with the TCs on, I’m scratching my head at the sheer amount of comments who are cheering on that behaviour. Nowadays you do see a few comments pointing out how bad it is, but still is the minority. As long as “oppa / gege” is good-looking right? :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:
(To be fair, they also cheer on these behaviours when the character doing it is female… :eyes:.)

3 Likes

This is for people who are contributors.

Segments with overly loud background noise / music
OR
Segments where they’re speaking so softly you barely hear what they say

• Concert level noise
  • Silent whispers
0 voters
3 Likes

I prefer silent whispers, you can always increase the volume to hear it better :smiley:
When it’s concert level noise, it’s a headache

5 Likes

Agree with Chloé if there’s to much noise it can be really tricky to hear real words.

4 Likes

Same, I’ve had a couple of times that I had to rip the headphones off my head while segmenting. Sudden loud noise and then you have to spend a lot of time listening to it repeatedly :sob:

4 Likes

I get annoyed by both, so I can’t vote for this or that lol. :rofl:

4 Likes

TCs don’t worry me. I think fans like a bad behavior as long as it’s unreal and entertaining.

We discussed this topic here

2 Likes

Me too. :raised_hand:
I’m amused by some, and awed by others (and their insights, though quite few and far between, lately. We used to have very good TCs in the past… :crying_cat_face:).

2 Likes

I prefer the noise. You just have to focus on each voice at a time. For whispers, you have to rely on the reference subtitles.

2 Likes

In general they don’t worry me either, but I’ve moderated the TCs in some dramas and some of the ones I had to delete… multiple people in the comments had issues with these people and what they were saying, so I wasn’t the only one :sob: :sob:. I’m happy when the TCs are for the most part great after being moderated (even better if they were already good before moderating).

Me scratching my head at the cheering on of bad behaviour is more like… hmmm I understand why some people are rooting for the “bad boy”, but at the same time, personally, I can’t get behind it :sweat_smile:.

I think I said it in that thread too

2 Likes

You have the power to ban one of these tropes from Asian dramas:

Doom Truck of Death
OR
Person conveniently dying / getting a random (fatal) disease when the writers don’t know how to wrap up a plot

• Truck-kun
  • Lazy writing potentially ending in death
0 voters

Bonus:

• Truck-kun
  • Amnesia plot
0 voters
1 Like