Time to talk about our artwork!

any that are good and can help me do some page designs. for some reason photoshop is not getting instaleld on my laptop:/

I think we mentioned earlier in the thread a program called GIMP. Free, cross platform, does probably what you’d be using Photoshop to do. You should try it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you ^^

Hi
Also this page http://pixlr.com/editor/ works much like Photoshop and Gimp. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot it seems to be a nice site^^

For my designs, I think I prefer using Gimp instead of PS. It’s fast, reliable, free, as you said, and it’s enough to make a good design. I recommend you to install a lot of brushes (just write “gimp brushes” on google, you’ll find a lot of good websites that provide free brushes) and backgrounds, and fonts.
For the fonts (writting style), I take mine from this website: http://www.fontspace.com/

1 Like

YES! Lots of brushes and fonts XDD

GIMP actually runs kind of weird of my laptop, and I’ve gotten kind of used to shortcuts and exporting with PS, so I do prefer the latter. On the other hand, my brother uses GIMP when he does designs and artwork for stuff and it comes out better than anything I could do, lol. So it’s definitely how you make use of a program ^^

Yes!! Because I like PS to draw, like doing advanced stuff, but for a design, I don’t need that much technology. But PS can do the same things, I think it’s only because I began on Gimp that I still do my designs on it. But I did my “Heirs” french design on photoshop, the castle. I took a tutorial for it, but it’s all my creation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, I should try GIMP.

Hi everyone! Glad to see an artwork/design discussion section, though it doesn’t seem very active. Anyhow, I’ve been a viki member since 2011 but just became really active in 2013. I often segment but find it more joyful to make the channel designs. I use PS CS4 and occasionally Illustrator. I’ve worked on a few Thai channels so feel free to check them out. Here is one of the channel designs I really enjoyed making for Sabaidee Luang Prabang:

Here’s an Artist channel design I just completed:

One of the things I find really important in designing is to know what you want to design before you actually start doing it. In order to be effective and efficient, I often start with brainstorming for the drama/movie/artist and get a feel of what kind of message I want to deliver with my design. Then I create a scheme and stick to it in order to get things done in a timely manner. Good luck to everyone! Please share yours! =)

LOLATHAO

5 Likes

Since I am still learning many things, how does one PM art work or pictures in a PM?

you have to use an html code for the image if your trying to put it in a pm.

Hmm
 this artwork section is not active at all. Where’s everyone!? =)

Just wanted to share a portion of my latest design. I really enjoyed creating it. Hope you like it! =)

7 Likes

That’s a beautiful design! I really like it!

1 Like

How do I put an html code?

Its really cool what program did u used?

Thank you @bagy! I use Photoshop CS4. =)

If you are looking for the picture/image html code, the following code will work; you can tweak it as necessary if you know how:

Replace [ ] with < >.

You can also specify width and height:

Let me know if this code works for you.

2 Likes

Woaa
Thank you for your tips.
I must try it. :smiley:

1 Like