Time to talk about our artwork!

Here’s my user page. Current projects, future projects, hold-on/dropped projects. Easy style with 2 columnes. Text and photos I made in Photoshop. I like simply design.

And here’s a Polish cover page done by me for upcoming drama “Witch’s Romance”

It’s not full yet, but not much I will change when the drama starts. PNGs I made also with Photoshop.

If you want the fon names - no problem, you can write to me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think I actually did a pretty good job on this one!
For You Light Up My Star - full effect on the page.

I have to admit, it’s mostly just that the image itself was pretty, but still.

2 Likes

I have all the suit of adobe so I use photoshop to design, because is easier and you can do a lot of photographic effects, basica gif ,and can dowload typography, brushes, this page contains a lot of typography http://www.dafont.com/es/.

anyone know how to add background color in a table, because I added color but when I edit again de cover page, the background color dissapears

@mag11 How are you adding the color?

If you want the entire table to have the same color, you can just add background-color:#HEX to the style in the advanced tab.

If you want to have different cells be different colors, I only know how to do this manually via the html source. For each cell “td” bit, <td style="background-color:#HEX"> </td>

More or less the same way you would add background color to a page or something.

2 Likes

I use html source with these codes

or < td bgcolor= “#00FFFF” >

This is really nice to see a topic like this. I just had some questions if anyone would help me in it.
-What is the resolution of a drama page? I use photoshop, and I usually get the resolution wrong. It always end up small and when I put it big on viki, it get all blurry and distorted.
-How can I make the image itself HD? Now if I we use HD images on photoshop, and when we change the size, the image’s quality change, but if we want to keep it HD, the size will be too big.
-When you put a picture inside a frame, some frames might not work for pictures and you need to cut them and so on, how do you do that and make it work with the frame? Sometimes I make them inside the frame just by luck, but sometimes I find really nice frames and the picture can’t be cut into the same shape and so on.
Thank you guys and sorry for the long and many questions.

hi!! @Amebelle I use photoshop too, I´m gonna try to explain you. I hope you understand me, my photoshop is in spanish so i´m not sure about tool´s names:
-this is the size of the file I use: 600x2000px when I export the jpg I chose this options: quality = 9 (high) (271.1k)

4 Likes

@mag11 Thank you so much for the video, it helped.
Okay so about the resolution, so also in viki it is 600x2000px?
Thank you for this.

@Amebelle

Generally, images made for the web use a resolution of 72 ppi - usually the default in Photoshop. If you’re asking about the dimensions of the channel wall, it’s about 560 pixels wide, to avoid stretching. So if you design something and you want it to span the entire area across, you should make it at least 560 pixels wide. The length is variable; make it as short or long as you’d like.

By the way, when you asked about the size of HD images, what did you mean? Like the final size of the file or are you talking about the dimensions of the image?

@scircus I meant the images we use in the background. Like in the channels we use the images of the characters and who will play, the image itself won’t appear HD in the background we use and sometimes it won’t match with the color and make it all blurry. That what I meant.
And thank you for the tip!!!

almost all my cover pages are 600x2000px with a resolution=72, the width has to be about 560 or 600 and you chose the height , you can check my cover pages and they have that size and resolution and aren’t blurry, do you have a cover page to show us your problem with the images?

@mag11 I did the design for this page and the handwriting became blurry, even the pictures doesn’t look HD. http://www.viki.com/artists/21132c-jessica-snsd?q=Jessica%20SNSD
Also for this channel, but you have to change the language to Arabic in the account setting, so you can see the design that I did.
http://www.viki.com/tv/23611c-trot-lovers?q=trot%20lovers
The images was really blurry even though they are big.
But thank you so much for the advice, I will try them.

It’s because the image you made / working on is smaller than the page. On the SNSD page for example, your image is 400 pixels wide. Since the channel wall is larger than that, your image got stretched out to fit the page; this causes the blur.

When you make your design, use a canvas that’s at least 560 pixels wide. And work with images that are large enough, i.e. you won’t have to enlarge them.

yes, scircus is right, try to design your cover pages with the final size from the beginning and use bigger pics because the quality of your cover page changes when you change its size in the editor channel

Wow ! beautiful design , i love it !

1 Like

Thank you guys for the advice!!! Thank you I will try that.
@farah_abida Thank you!!!

I just finished my first Cover Page and I wanted to share it. It was a bit hard in the beginning, since I haven’t used GIMP for over 2 years and the images had already effects. But the poster was so pretty, I had to use it :smile:. I see same mistakes, but overall I’m happy.

3 Likes

It is beautiful~ I love it!!!

They are both very good! :slight_smile:

does anyone know how to add color background to the editor ? I hope you guys know what I mean