Timed Comments that made you laugh, smile, etc

When you know, you know…

The Silent Criminal

One of the major issues of Chinese Costume and Period Dramas…

I hope, one day the murderer’s life would be difficult if we see a drop of blood dripping from a dead body.
:wink: :smiley: :rofl: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I laughed so much at those the other day!

13 Likes

The main leads keep avoiding kissing eachother :joy_cat: :joy_cat:

12 Likes

9 Likes

I love this thread and this especially made me laugh because I’ve said it so many times myself, especially when I first started watching these dramas. Hahaha!

7 Likes

Love Between Fairy and Devil

This is the sub before it

:100::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Another one:

If you’ve watched NIF, you would get the reference :rofl:

They also called the ML: One punch man, long haired version a few episodes prior :rofl:

5 Likes

Hahaha this one made me pause the drama :rofl:

8 Likes

In_A_Class_Of_Her_Own

Flagpoles and Gnomes… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I am dead… :grinning:

13 Likes

Hahaha!! Diversity on small screens is important, yes

2 Likes

And it’s not even diversity. It’s the tall men who are the exception in Korea! You almost only see them in fashion and in the film-video industry. It’s as if, as soon as they see a tall man on the street, no matter if he’s handsome or not (that can be fixed, LOL, whereas height cannot), they grab him and convince him to become a movie star.

4 Likes

Context [Minor Spoiler] : The character is from a Fish Water Tribe and they all got murdered.

As the character is drowning in her sorrows, this comment appears:

(they mean *became)

Followed by:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There are other funny and/or insightful comments sprinkled throughout (unfortunately, a lot of shaming comments as welll)

6 Likes

insightful job description

9 Likes

I’ve often felt like that. Saying to myself “poor actor, his character is made to do such stupid things”.

6 Likes

Road Home really pushed the limits of slow-burn… even I started to get frustrated. At one point, they were about to go on a trip together, and FL’s friend told her to be careful or she might come home pregnant :skull: The TCs went wild after that, because that was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE with the way these two were

8 Likes

I am going to think of the following comment every time a character thinks that maybe going in an abandoned or deserted place all alone late at night just because of some curiosity is gonna earn them some money or reputation:

Idiots

Like what is the entire reason for doing so? You are getting yourself in a trap. But, alright, if that is how our main characters can meet…

:grinning: :smiley: :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Here’s another one:

The Legend of Zhouhua

My thought process reading the comment:

What? :interrobang: :interrobang: :interrobang:

Do they? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

What if they do? :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

What if they don’t? Then what is in the bowls in historical dramas? :interrobang: :interrobang: :interrobang:

11 Likes

Tea is a good substitute for medicine, steeped longer for a darker colour to look like black medicine.
Or a green tea for the magical herbal medicine extracted from some mystical plant that can only be found on a mountain that requires an adventure quest that fills a couple of episodes.
It’s not like they don’t drink tea plain all the time, unlike us westerners who put milk in our teas and coffee.

7 Likes

Yeah, I also thought that they put in teas or tisanes.
Drinking tea is part of the culture there, so they always have it on set.
Maybe they give something else to ppl who can’t drink tea?
I highly doubt that the first substitute would be soda though :joy::joy:

Cola does have that medicinal tincture feel to it if you remove all the sugar :joy::joy:

6 Likes

Screenshot 2023-09-23 203552

:joy: “Casket Ready Ghost Makeup” is spot on! :lipstick::skull:

And, seriously, those pale looks in C-Dramas need to take a vacation to the sun :sunny:.

Dilbara’s natural beauty is a breath of fresh air! :sparkling_heart::blush:

9 Likes