Top/Best K- Drama for 2013?!

OOOH I forgot about Future choice! I want to watch that one too.

My top k-drama for this year would be a tie between The Queen’s Classroom & Heartless City/Cruel City.

The Queen’s Classroom for giving so much bang from the writing, directing, and superb acting across the board from the actors. Truly a wonderful piece of gem that will remain timeless and evergreen.

Heartless City for giving such a tremendous noir drama that didn’t deviate from it’s core story line and delivered beautifully.

Notable mentions would be The Blade and Petal. That was a drama with a superb cast and production. Shame about how the 2nd half ended up.

Am looking forward to The Suspicious Housekeeper, Future Choice and Basketball!

1 Like

True I am looking froward to watching another drama from Yoon Eun hye( I really hope this is better than her other drama project, Lie to me
which sucked in my books.).Also, I am hoping to see acting improvements from Jong Yong Hwa. I think it is about time his acting skills went a bit further

True, I have some faith in reply 1994. I did hear from someone that reply 1994 was actually written almost the same time as reply 1997, so it seems the story would be good since the writer already had a story to work with .

Oooooohhhh Ack! Lie to me
 Ack! I know some people LOVE it, but it really feel apart for me.
That’s on my list of 
 wish I’d dropped this one.

true. Like i said in one other post, it started out nice but the middle part
was just terrible.

Definitely, I Hear Your Voice. Next, Gu Family Book (I don’t like the end.)

Good Doctor is good, but not yet finish.

I would have expect a little more from Master’s Sun.

I have great expectations of Heirs and Basketball.

There were a lot of good dramas this year, I don’t know which one to choose!!!
Breathe in.
Breathe out.
Alright, my favourite k-drama this year is probably Master’s Sun.
I usually don’t like Hong sisters’ writing, but Master’s Sun was the drama that made me laugh like no other k-drama. I dislike the classic arrogant guy-cute girl pair and like the second male lead, (YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT A PAINFUL EXPERIENCE WATCHING GOONG WAS FOR ME) but the actors in this drama are so good you can’t help but love them all, and see exactly why the female lead chooses the male lead. This is coming from someone who hates cute girl characters: Taeyang is one of my favourite k-drama heroines ever. Ever.

I think that my favorite 2013 k-drama in this moment is “i hear your voice/gu family book”, I don’t know which one is better. Master Sun is a great drama too, i in love with the lead actress and lead actor, but i need to see until the end.

Yes, I agree with you. I also want to wait till Master’s Sun ends. I just hope that they ending will be good.^^

Oh, I missed Childless Comfort as well. Is it a 50 Eps long drama?

It’s total 40 episodes.
You can find all episodes here:
http://www.mvibo.com/intro/Drama/Childless%20Comfort

I realised that I didn’t watch alot of dramas this year but I guess my top will be ‘When a man loves’ and ‘I miss you’! The actors and actresses in both shows did a really good job! :slight_smile:

ok, thank you! :slight_smile: 40 eps sounds way better than 50 eps. (I am a fan of long dramas anymore because of my bad experience with Hundred Years of Inheritance lol)

Welcome :-)) It’s 40 episodes but I guess only 28 episodes have been translated to English for now. While DramaCrazy was still running, 35-36 episodes were translated there. But it’s gone with DramaCrazy :((
Subbing or directing a long drama is sure hard job to do. But I have quite numbers of long Korean Drama as my favorite. For example: Family’s Honor, Life is Beautiful, My Too Perfect Sons, Happiness, Princess Ja Myung Go, Smile, You, Creating Destiny etc.
The very first reason why I like to watch long dramas is that I can catch the very good details about life style and culture of Korea. Because they are mostly family dramas.

yes, it is true. Subbing is a hard job!
About the long dramas:
From my point of view, the “old” and long family dramas( from the past years) were way better than the ones from this year (like A Hundred Years of Inheritance). I also enjoyed watching “Family’s Honor”, “Creating Desity”. By the way: did you watch Gloria? It was a bit draggy every now and then. Nevertheless, I liked that drama.^^

Nope I didn’t watch that one.
Thanks for saying it :))
I just finished watching “Happiness” and was looking for new one ;-))
Yay! I have a new drama to watch! Hope I like it and watch till the end.
I like oldies too. So if you tell me, I will check them out to watch. Thank you ! :slight_smile:

Alrigh.^^ As you like oldies, I will try to think of other recommendations. Another “oldie” (well it is not that old): How to Meet a Perfect Neighbor
Do you know that drama? I liked that drama as it was a bit “melodramtic” but also funny and romantic. Maybe you will like it, as well.

City Hall!!! A must see!! lol It is such a great and “underrated” drama. At first, I thought: "Oh no, this will be a boring political drama. "
But after watching the eps, I couldn’t stop laughing. It is really a great drama.^^

Thank you! :slight_smile:
But both of them been watched :wink:
Because of “My Name is Kim Sam Soon” I already watched all Kim Sun Ah dramas :-)) She is my first favor Korean Actress although she has changed a lot after plastic surgeries :))
And all Park Shi Hoo projects have been watched because he has been always in good dramas except Cheongdam-dong Alice last year. It was huge disappointing.
If you like comedies, I want to recommend you to watch “Please Come Back, Soon Ae” It’s about body exchanging between a pilot’s wife and mistress

ok, thank you^^