Top/Best K- Drama for 2013?!

The #1 for me to date of all the years is Gu Family Book it had everything I could ask for in a drama I laughed, I cried I screamed DIE you &(&^%&)&^)(*&^&%% D: and I just stared and drooled over Wol Ryung when is was a demon
As for the rest of 2013 only ones that stick out for me are:

Master’s Sun (cracks me up when he does that hand gesture Get Lost!!!)

I Hear Your Voice had a unique story-line I marathoned the whole series in 2-3 days

Who Are You is KJW major comeback role since being released from army and in my opinion he stole the show which rarely happens for me that I pick the 2nd leading man

Flower Boy Next Door Yoon Shi Yoon is just too adorable in this

Full House Take 2 once I got past the WTF is up with their hair No Min Woo what can I say he could stand there and do nothing and I’d be dumbstruck but this guy isn’t just a pretty face he can act loved his portrayal of the character and I have to mention his part in Blade and Petal for me he made that drama if and that’s a BIG if I were to ever watch B&P again I would start at ep 11 when his character comes into play absolute first time for me when watching a drama I was on Team Villain… Team Lovers blah…don’t care LOL

Other than those ones nothing else really stood out that I was that was awesome granted seeing as I also watch T-Dramas and J-Dramas too I honestly haven’t watched ALL the 2013 releases…

2 Likes

I loved the kdrama Heartless City this year! :smiley:

2 Likes

So far, i’d say :

• Nine : Time Travel Nine Times : How come I didn’t watch this drama before ? I’ve just finished it and it’s so underated. Good and well-written storyline, good actors, great chemistry between the leads. Definitely my favourite this year !
  • Heartless city : Even if the numerous twists were a bit too much, I love the dark mood of this drama. And we can see a different side of Jung Kyung Ho, a really good surprise. Too bad it’s not on Viki yet.
1 Like

My top 10 K-Drama List in 2013 :

1. Master’s Sun
  2. I Hear Your Voice
  3. Gu Family Book
  4. Marry Him If You Dare
  5. I Miss You
  6. Good Doctor
  7. Shark
  8. Flower Boy Next Door
  9. Heirs
  10. When a Man Loves

And I’m still waiting to check out Secret, Two Weeks, Man From the Stars, Answer Me 1994, School 2013 and Cruel City

1 Like

My Top K-Dramas in 2013 so far (in no particular order):
Incarnation of Money At first I was a bit confused how the main character was such a idiot (in a positive way), because the drama started so gloomily. But it didn’t ruined it and I really liked it. I personally like dark themed dramas with revenge and this stuff, so I really enjoyed it.
Heartless City As mentioned before I like dark dramas and I totally fell in love with Jung Shi Hyun. Spoiler Even though I really liked the drama, I was a bit disappointed by the ending. I often think that villians lose their brilliancy at the end and are finished off in such trivial way that doesn’t suit the previous episodes.Spoiler End I liked the drama none the less.
Two Weeks Like the dramas above.
I can hear your Voice Sweet and lovely, but at the same time dark.
She is Wow So funny and interesting filming and idea.
Master’s Sun How can I not mention Master’s Sun? It was so good and I loved the chemistry between the main actors.
Currently I’m watching Heirs and even though I didn’t like the beginning, I think it got better. I just don’t like the main pair, but everyone else is just so lovely.

1 Like

My top 5 k-drama for 2013

1.That Winter the wind blows
2.Secret
3.Master’s sun
4.Heartless City
5.I hear your voice

p.s Now I’m watching Empress Ki , Heirs and Medical Top Team but definitely it would not change my top 5.

Secret is a must watch, but it’s important not to give up after the first two episodes, which are not so promising.

3 Likes

You are so right. I also forgot about “Nine : Time Travel Nine Times” somehow and wondered why I didn’t watch it before. I just started watching the drama (but need to catch up with many eps^^) and I like it so far! But I think, my Top Drama for 2013 (Master’s Sun) won’t change. ^^

Yeah, Secret!! I also loved that drama and for me, it is also the second Best drama of this year. At first I didn’t like the drama (first Eps) that much but then the Eps just got better and better. I am glad that I kept watching this great drama.^^

2 Likes

Hi jojoo!

I still have to figure out what my best dramas 2013 are, for now it’s:

• Nine
  • Monstar
  • King of Drama (just recently remembered that it actually ended in 2013)

there are more good dramas, but not best dramas for me:

• Flowerboy Next Door, My Love, Madame Butterfly, Shark, My Daughter Seo Young, I Hear Your Voice, Who Are You, Two Weeks, Master’s Sun, Secret

I have not finished yet:

• Heartless City (might make it to the top, but I just started)

There is only one drama that I watch that will end this year, Heirs, but I don’t think it will make it into the best list. And there are many dramas I dropped this year and many I did not even try. I watched a good amount of dramas I did not see in the past years, so this year’s outcome is not that much.

1 Like

I hear your voice
Secret
That Winter the wind blows
Master´s sun
Flower Boy next door
But the dramas in 2013 are really good i think, i like many dramas that raised this year

1 Like

Hi Lutra!!:-))

I agree with you. For me, this year was a mix of great and some “so-so” Dramas. I also dropped some dramas after watching the first Episodes.

And right, how could I forget Flowerboy Next Door?! I also liked that drama.^^

My favorite dramas which i recommend and you should definitely watch:
The heirs
Masters sun
shut up flower boy band- really amazing asfagfh
Monstar

1 Like

@sarasharif

I love Shut Up Flower Boy Band but it was definitely a drama that run in early 2012.

Such a tough question! I can’t really choose a ranking so I put them into “tier” groups:

Tier 1 - Superb acting and characters, which kept me coming back to watch religiously every week

Master’s Sun
That Winter, The Wind Blows
Flower Boy Next Door

Tier 2 - Compelling storyline (mostly mystery & suspense) and very good acting

I Hear Your Voice
Shark
The Suspicious Housemaid

2 Likes

Master’s Sun - Didn’t care for it at first but loved it starting Ep. 8.

Reply 1994 - Didn’t like it much initially but loved it starting Ep. 4.

Two Weeks/I hear Your Voice - It’s a tie for me.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations! :slight_smile: I need to watch “Shut up flower boy band-” and maybe I should give Monstar a second chance. (I stopped watching after the first 2 Eps, maybe I got distracted by another drama at that time^^). Did you like all Monstar EPs?

TOP KOREAN DRAMAS OF 2013 FOR ME (some of these i might not have completed them but regardless they are sooo good):

1. I HEAR YOUR VOICE!!! BAM!! I SAID IT! that drama is amazing !! LEE JONG SUK… NEED I SAY ANYMORE? drools… :). ___

2. MARRY HIM IF U DARE!!! i love it so far and hope the ending is fantastic cuz im tired of crappy endings. <3

3)MONSTAR! though,i did think the ending was pretty crappy,i loved the majority of the show.

4)THAT WINTER THE WIND BLOWS! very heartwarming beautiful ending ahhh and Zo In Sung xD that man did a wonderful job in acting out his love ughh it brought tearss AND hes handsome…

5)FLOWER BOY NEXT DOOR! i loved it!! Yoon Shi Yoon is so adorable and made me laugh XD it did drag on sometimes but i love it anyways one of the best of 2013!
6)HEIRS!! of course everyone is talking about it but i have to put it because although i am only up to episode 13 (on Drama Fever) it is soo good right now and i love the rivalries and DRAMA!! :grin: lee min ho i love him like everyone else but i just loovee Kim Woo Bin(loved him since “To The Beautiful You”) and his attitude here makes him such an attractive bad boy xDDDDD it makes it hard 4me to pick 1 but i do want her with Lee Min Ho :slight_smile: or do i… lol

SO thats it for now… i might not have watched ALL the 2013 dramas this year but these are really the best ones for me this year. cannot WAIT for 2014 dramas so we can all make another list.
i guess i owe it to put up a pic of Lee Min Ho too xD AND KANG HA NUEL!!! oh and minhuk xD

1 Like

My top/ K-Drama for 2013:
1.Secret

2. I hear your voice

3.That winter the wind blows

4 Likes

My favs are:
Master’s sun

I hear your voice

Reply 1994( Even though its not done yet:p)

Secret

That winter the wind blows

other good ones that i liked certain aspects of but not my all time favs:
School 2013

and Good Doctor

I have not seen Gu Family Book, and quite a few others yet so this list isn’t complete…

Worst shows with a lot of hype that i have seen:

1. Heirs
  2. Flower boy next door
    3.Marry him if you dare
    4.level 7 civil servant
  3. when a man loves
2 Likes
  1. I hear your voice
  2. Secret
  3. Good Doctor
  4. That winter, the wind blows.

Worse yet