हिंदी सबटाइटलर्स एवं प्रोजेक्ट्स

Jeong = Jung = 정. Jeung - Never seen this spelling.
Seong = Sung = 성. Seung = 승

1 Like

Ahhh thanks for clarifying! I remember what confused me, now…
I read the “박” as “팍” because it’s stylized so much :sweat_smile::grimacing:

1 Like

The reason I asked was that because I have seen the names spelt differently in dramas. Depending on who is doing work on English, it has been PARK, PAK, BAK,SEUNG, SUNG, JEONG, JUNG, JONG etc. When subtitlers work, they normally work based on English so whatever name is there is going to get transliterated whether it is PARK or BAK.

2 Likes

You are right. For now, I am sticking with my usual way of spelling “Han Mi-So”. Then even if I write “Mi-So” it stands out as a name. Maybe if there was way of tagging the name in VIKI…something like Name then viewer will know it is name regardless of how we are spelling it.

2 Likes

Thanks to that really nice soul in Wikipedia who randomly suggested someone back in 2017 to use IPA to transliterate from one script to another and that is where it clicked me, I needed to use IPA in order to correctly transliterate.

Listing the Wikipedia references I used in doing my tiny part of research (backtracking was difficult, so I missed some of the sources)
International Phonetic Alphabet - Wikipedia
Korean phonology - Wikipedia
Hindustani phonology - Wikipedia
Help:IPA/Hindi and Urdu - Wikipedia
Appendix:Hindi pronunciation - Wiktionary
Allophone - Wikipedia
Palatal consonant - Wikipedia
Hangul - Wikipedia
Hindustani language - Wikipedia
Hindi - Wikipedia
Help:IPA/Korean - Wikipedia
Revised Romanization of Korean - Wikipedia
Romanization of Korean - Wikipedia

Below is my deduction of the research I did, it is always prone to errors since some Korean sounds don’t exist in Hindi. I’ll really appreciate it if someone also helps in expansion of this “theory”.

Of course, to take these screenshots, I just did some inspection in original Wikipedia pages

कोरियाई ध्वनियाँ जिनका अस्तित्व हिन्दी में नहीं है:-
ㅈ ㅅ ㅕ ㄹ ㅓ ㅡ

हिन्दी ध्वनियाँ जिनका अस्तित्व कोरियाई में नहीं है (मतलब – ट्रांसलिटिरेट करने के लिए इनका इस्तेमाल करना गलत होगा):-
घ, ट, ठ, ड, ढ, ण, ध, भ, ष, क़, ख़, ग़, ज़, झ़, ड़, फ़, ढ़, ऋ, ऍ, ङ, ञ, क्ष, त्र, ज्ञ, श्र

I really enjoyed doing this research! Most of my previous assumptions were correct, some were wrong, yet I am happy I was able to correct myself without having made mistakes a lot.

As for using hyphen between names, I am going to remove the hyphen in my future projects because hyphen plays a really significant role in Hindi punctuation. I don’t want viewers to complain about or pick up incorrect punctuation. मैं वैसे भी नाम इस तरह लिखती हूँ – रूबी, रिया, मीना; शायद इससे दर्शकों को कोई दिक्कत न हो।

https://www.sbistudy.com/yojak-chinh-in-hindi/

9 Likes

Thanks for the rss. Would use them !

1 Like

hello! I’m looking for Hindi subbers who would like to sub “Her Bucket List”. It is a Korean drama, and it is not very long, 10 episodes of 2 parts each. 2 episodes have already been subbed. If anyone is interested, please PM me, I’m in urgent need of subbers. Thank you!
my profile: https://www.viki.com/users/notyourwitch_/overview
link to the drama: https://www.viki.com/tv/38260c

1 Like

Looking for Hindi subbers for the Japanese series an incurable case of love. if anyone is interested then please text me.

1 Like

Hi -

None of the google docs linked in the pinned posts are accessible - can someone please post links to the current docs

• Hindi subtitling guidelines
  • Quick subbing guide
  • Viki Hindi community

Thanks in advance!

Hi! The ones mentioned in this topic are inaccessible.

These are the current ones you can use. Drafted by @poeticpeep and I. Note that these are still incomplete and some things in it might be inaccurate.

2 Likes

Heya! This is superb! I know it is too sudden but I just got to know about this. I would definitely say this is really helpful. I am thankful to you and appreciate your efforts.