Unauthorized Segments Randomly Done by Non-Team Members

I’m really getting tired of seeing unauthorized segments from people that are not part of a team or even working on the project go into the Segmenting Timer and randomly cut a segment here and there. I really wish Viki would address this issue. Our subtitles are protected and are locked up, but the segments are not. Anyone can go in and randomly cut a segment here and there. It makes our subtitles percentage go down, like something is not subtitled. It is really irritating. This happens on several channels and I’m getting tired of seeing/dealing with it.

Anyone one else have this issue?
How do we address this issue to Viki so that they can do something about it?

Request a segment lock on your channel from The Help Center. That’s what I do. If you’re the CM or mod, then just put that in as the category. For now, try deleting them. I know it’s annoying. Hope that helps : )
http://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Contact the help center and have them lock the segment timer to team members only. It may take a while for a response, but for future reference, this is something you can do.

I don’t get why it’s not a standard thing on channels though. Or why it’s not easier to do.

1 Like

Yeah. I was thinking it should be standard too. I just put in a request today & it becomes a hassle when you have to ask for it for every channel.

Yes request to have the timer locked for team members only and report the people who ruin the segs to Viki too (you can check who the culprits are in the activities per episode) or ask them why they do it.

Will this work on any channels? Even if it is a Fan Channel?
If so, I will put in a request today.

Yes, they can apply it to fan channels as well.

There is another, related problem, still persisting today (2019):
Even when the Channel Manager goes to the Manage Page and clicks on “Lock all segments”, still the segments are NOT locked.
It must be a bug, but it’s terrible. Unless the channel is not made “designated channel”, it’s open to all abusers.