[Viki Community] Project Contribution page updates

I guess that part needs proper setting up first, before the task force can be unleashed :rofl:

1 Like

The same thing is happening to me; they have channels/dramasI know I didn’t contribute in them, and is annoying bc we have no way of knowing why they’re saying I added subs in that drama. I hope they resolve to delete those dramas that are no longer available bc it makes the page look disorganized.

2 Likes

I doubt it. It’s in a source language I’m not proficient in nor have I ever joined any team to translate it.

2 Likes

True. If I’m not wrong, the sequence has been “strange” for a long time. Not just since the reupload of archived channels. I’m not disturbed by it though. I shrugged it off as tech eccentricity.

1 Like

@bozoli @angelight313_168
See! I knew it. My case is not unique. Thanks for confirming it. :heart_eyes::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I would love to complete the translations of the abandoned korean shows here.

Yes it is absolutely a good idea @leerla73

3 Likes

Most of them were abandoned for a reason… they suck big time. You know, makjang stuff with water-throwing mother-in-laws, naive and idiotic female leads, overacting and crude direction. Why would you want to waste your precious life on these?

2 Likes

I hope volunteer fans will be interested in doing C-Dramas too, I have some incomplete C-Dramas on my watch list, and favorites :blush::blush::blush:

3 Likes

What are they? Care to list them here?
Are they being worked on or abandoned? If it’s the former, patience is appreciated by every team; if it’s the latter, a short, civil message to the CM may work, and if there’s no response after several days, drop Viki Comm Team a message.

2 Likes

Oh! Thanks! I’ll get the links, and be right back. One is used as a training for new subbers, I learned it from @deadliftdiva_548 back in 2019 (corrected). It’s the 2015 aired Investiture of the Gods. If you check the comments on the link below, she commented a month ago, as to it’s current standing, as to subtitles.

The Advisors Alliance is incompletely subbed, but it’s sequel Growling Tiger is complete. I’ve been holding off watching both, as I want to watch them binge style.

This one currently has a team working on it, they are called (God of Lost Fantasy Team)

2 Likes

Actually there are very few(abandoned after some work is done) {around 2-3 may be} in my language! Some are left with 2% on all episodes
I don’t want touch those

I accept and editing them is just a whole waste of time and it gives me head ache after seeing those subs copy pasted from translator
But I did take an abandoned project because it is good kdrama and I’m going to use it for new Telugu subbers to practice subbing and make them familiar with subtitle editor and complete translating it slowly.
In my opinion I think that most of the ppl just started and left and did all the mess because there is no person to guide them(moderator)
And did whatever they want and left.
And the current drama I’m working on there a subber on my team that person did the same(copy pasted from translator) and I asked him why he did that he simply told as he can’t understand few words of a sub he did that it seems and I told him not to do that Nd told him to write whatever he understood only and I will edit them later. And now he is doing very fine and I am satisfied with the quality of work he is doing.
So I thought “ok there should be person to tell you what to do and what not to”

I can’t identify Chinese language’s honorifics so I can’t translate Chinese dramas well

On one channel work in being done with out a moderator
And a few are abandoned for years(in my language)
But. Thanks to that abandoned kdrama it bought me here to contribute to Viki
I got to know about subbing on Viki after seeing those weird subs on the first episode. And I corrected a few and you all know how hard it is to edit all the parts and all the subs it’s better to start subtitling from the beginning than editing them.

3 Likes

I must clarify here that when I was talking of abandoned dramas I was mainly thinking of the English translation. My mistake in not mentioning it.

2 Likes

I’m afraid I can’t be of any help there. I’m not in the loop on those dramas you’ve posted.
The only one I do know and can confirm it is being worked on is GoLF.

:coffee::tea::Sprinkles of patience in your cuppa!::sunglasses:

1 Like

There is a problem with the new layout. I understand that channels that don’t exist anymore are marked as such, but our role in them (moderator, Italian subber etc.) is no longer there. You kept the sub count for those old projects, so why not the role too?
image_2021-06-30_091709
And when you sort by role, these projects don’t show up AT ALL. Not even with the yellow triangle. Therefore people will think I’ve only been Channel Manager four times, two dramas and two films, all in the past couple of years, since all the other instances have been obliterated from memory. That sucks!
Please bring back the role even for discontinued channels. I’m sure you have the info stored somewhere.

@jeslynl

(By the way, you are aware of the bug where some of the pictures don’t show, and you are asked to login although you’re already logged in, right? This has started a few days ago)

8 Likes

Since the June 8th updates, to be exact! :sparkles::wink::+1:t5:

2 Likes

I have a question: why the number of contribution is changed like for example from 45 contributions to 45,0 contributions?

2 Likes

LOL! how are we to get zero-point-anything contributions? :joy:

3 Likes

And why I am a Rookie 0.o xD
My contribution page says so

2 Likes

I’ve got this as well…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I had this as well, then I logged out and re-entered and everything was fine

1 Like