[Viki Community Team] April 2024 Updates

Aw, starfish are cute as well. Good idea :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Congratulations to the new NSSA graduates! :cake: Don’t hesitate to apply for your first show as an official segmenter. :blush:

For the new subathon, I think it’s about time that we get our long-awaited ring-tailed lemur badge. Just imagine how cute those badges would be!

4bb5a1ce2d1b6d7e137b1473dd5a23cdc7fd83dd

16 Likes

Lotus flower sounds so cute🪷, I always think animal but why not a flower or flowers.

8 Likes

Sort of looks like my badger so why not… lol

5 Likes

Indeed, its so nice to see that many people who have dedicated so much of their time to learn how to segment properly and translate in teams. Well done, all NSSA graduates!

11 Likes

@vikicommunity

What drew my attention more, since I’m focused on how to protect ourselves from abuse, was the following CM’s requirements:

" A clean record. No violations within the past 6 months.

• As Channel Managers are in leadership positions, we expect anyone who holds this title to be a role model for the community, inspiring others with their talent and positive behavior.
  • Any abuse or violation of our Contributor or Discussions guidelines will automatically eliminate an applicant from consideration and may negatively affect their future chances of holding this position."

How can be proven a candidate for CM had an abusive behavior when, for instance, someone is removed from a team, even though the volunteer abided by the rules and did a good job, but he/she didn’t received a message about that fact, couldn’t know about the reasons for the removal and you got to never to receive that message as well? Yes, all of these should be saved on a database so you could directly look into it if necessary.

Nobody can be removed or replaced just because. That’s an abuse that usually leaves no strong evidence.

And what about when a volunteer sends a PM to have a Mod. or other element removed from X team even though the targetted volunteer is doing very well? Isn’t it abuse as well? Is a person like this a good role model for our comunnity?

To avoid such behavior to keep on happening, Viki must provide a tool (or more) to have all processes clear while providing true evidence at the same time.

On this topic you have suggestions from volunteers to avoid abuse and build a better Viki for each and everyone of us: Viki's Volunteers Experience Improvement Suggestions

Also, do not forget this other very important topic stating the fact abuse through flagging post is happening indeed: Abuse of forum functions

Only when you have evidence for every process and absolutely clear consistent rules you can achieve what we all want in here: a better Viki and a happier volunteering time for all of us, from A to Z.

Thank you a Lot for reading me and please consider all of these.

Have a very lovely weekend! ^^ :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :sparkling_heart:

Congrats to all new segmenters :partying_face:

13 Likes

Congrats to all the new segmenter graduates! :tada:

For the summer subathon I suggested jellyfish, but I love the idea of starfish or lotus flower! :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Congrats to the NSSA Graduates :tada:

And for the next badge, I’m for the dolphin as well. They are the happy mammals of the sea, so is there anything that screams more summer than an animal from the ocean? :dolphin:

12 Likes

I don’t want to sound rude, but could you say something positive about the newly graduated from NSSA and let this thread be something positive. I know that you are unhappy about things here and you have the right to be, but please let the students have their moment.

6 Likes

Thank you once again for this Spring event filled with so many cute badges. :star_struck:

I proposed a dolphin :dolphin: for the Summer event but I also saw some other great proposals, so I’m sure the poll list will be full of cute animals and even insects :honeybee:. I just hope we will be rewarded again with many badges. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Congrats to all the NSSA graduates! Thanks for choosing the path of making Viki better by keeping the quality of work as high as possible. As I now see Viki more active, I really hope they will come up soon with a new system to count all the contributions made by our amazing seggers. You deserve this and better! :muscle:

200w

18 Likes

I thought I was the only one, but apparently many have chosen the dolphin for the summer. :dolphin::dolphin: It’d be really cute.

3 Likes

Many Many congrats to all the graduates! ^^

You did it greatly!

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :tada: :tada: :tada:

7 Likes

You were faster than me Lol

I just didn’t want to put everything together plus I’m not the only person who adressed issues here, or was I?

I ask you to please not forget this topic is not exclusively for seggers and has multiple things on it, so…

Have a very nice and happy weekend! ^^ :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom: :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

I didn’t say that this was only about seggers (there could have been subtitling students as they are also a part of NSSA) but it would be nice if the people getting highlighted this month got their moment to shine. There are so many threads on discussions about feeling disappointed so for me this was going to be one of the threads here that was positive.
Being positive and supporting eachother is the way to go, and in my opinion the best way to change the things we aren’t as happy about.

6 Likes

I get what you mean but a coin is never one-sided and I wasn’t the only one to see it. So I would suggest, next time, a topic for newly graduates only. I believe this could be a better way to cheer for them, congratulate them and even give them more motivation for their future journey because they had a full topic just for themselves. ^^

I believe that would be Awesome!

Be well. :cherry_blossom:

PS: I like your support speech very much, but by the way… Have you supported those topics which expose sad realities? I wonder.

1 Like

Congratulations to all the dedicated NSSA graduates! :sparkles: :partying_face: Thank you for the spring event and the opportunity to earn so many amazing badges! It was so much fun :green_heart: :clap: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Congrats to all graduates! :student:
For the summer subathon, I also suggest a dolphin :dolphin: or a seahorse.

12 Likes

The Spring event was super fun and the badges were really cute, loved the surprise badge! :heart_eyes:
Congrats everyone on a successful Spring-a-thon!

And massive congratulations to all NSSA graduates :partying_face:

For the Summer badge, I went ahead and requested a bumblebee :honeybee: but I will be happy with any animal that is summery :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

Congratulations to all new graduates of the NSSA :heart:

10 Likes