[Viki Community Team] February 2021 Updates - Editor Role Coming Soon!

You are not alone.

1 Like

Well apparently @camiille mailed out an announcement if you qualifiedā€¦ I didnā€™t get any but I signed up for the yearly giftā€¦ Itā€™s true, you eat and sleep with Viki :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::joy: Donā€™t forget to take a vacation too! I canā€™t tell if I did 20ā€™000 in 2020 Ive been Gold QC for some yearsā€¦ Iā€™m not sure how they compute it. But if nothing comes Monday, file for a ticket for sure. The Viki Binge badges arenā€™t in as well although I registeredā€¦ Iā€™ll be patient. :blush:

Still no gift here yetā€¦ 5 more hours to go and then itā€™s March 6.

I got the announcement for the QC Gift, if that is what you mean. Iā€™ve never known them to send out a notification for badges.

Iā€™ve sent in my ticketā€¦ Iā€™ll be really pissed if this gets overlooked.

Sean just responded to my ticket and my Gold QC was granted. Check your email if you sent a ticket.

3 Likes

Sean replied to me as well.:blush: I have the badge now.

2 Likes

Yes, I received a mail QC Gift with redeeming link today, about the badge I probably mixed it up with the December QC mail to register. I filed for a ticket too for the badge.

1 Like

I received the digital gift today. Thank you @vikicommunity :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have not yet received the mail for the QC gift.
@vikicommunity
could you perhaps check if mine has already been sent? because it did receive the message that the mails were sent, but did not receive that mail with the QC gift in it.

Have you checked in the Spam?

yes, i looked everywhere but canā€™t find it, i empty the spam every day so i should see it then.
since that first email about it, I pay more attention to that.

You can submit a ticket then. I think that way it will be resolved faster.

Did get my QC gift and gave it to Doctors Without Borders like last time, if it werenā€™t for the option to donate I wouldnā€™t have applied for the gift anyway.
Stay safe ^^
Thanks for the option Viki

4 Likes

Speaking of that, was it a donation of our gift? Iā€™m asking because I did that and I was scared I got scammed into giving my own money and not the gift.

Last year we could choose what to do with our gift. Pick a giftcard of choice from the ones listed or donate it to charity of choice. I still didnā€™t use my giftcard from last year because everytime I can use it I forget I have it. But maybe I can combine the two this year so I can use it on something that costs a bit more.

1 Like

I donated the money, as well. Last year I gave it to Doctors without Borders, and this year I chose a different organization to donate to. Although the money was converted to Euros (the amount was reduced), I hope that money can help people.

2 Likes

I donated to the Red Cross. Itā€™s great that Viki made it possible for us to donate to worthy organizations.

3 Likes

I also think itā€™s great! Although I should, I donā€™t usually donate to charities, so Iā€™m happy that Viki gives us this option. I donated to Doctors Without Borders.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know how this should technically go wrong, it is your gift from Viki the only thing you need to do is either donate that amount or turn it into a gift card for the shop of your choice.

1 Like

Iā€™m Australian and while we use British English for writing, many of our books use American English. Weā€™re reasonably conversant in both. As I see it, most global popular culture is driven by the U.S.A.

When I watch a Filipino, Thai, Korean or you-name-the-country drama, chances are Iā€™ll see things like people rapping and using the same hand motions that appear in USA movies, singers singing styles influenced by American jazz or pop, people wearing jeans and sneakers (and tatoos) just like the Americans, or posters of blockbuster American movies on bedroom walls, etc. While Britain certainly brought English to the world, it is the Americansā€”through music, movies and, most importantly, computingā€”that have popularized it into what it now is.

As a school teacher who has taught many students from China, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand and India, I can confidently say that the large majority of those students speak English with an American-accent foundation. This is especially noticeable in the ā€œRā€ sound. This is also indicative of the books and words that they have learnt. Their own languageā€™s accent sits on top of this Amercian-English foundation.