[Viki Community Team] February 2023 Updates

:dart: adding the missing 10 …

If you report it to the helpcenter please include which phone and tablet you use and which operating system it runs on. Not just “android” but “android 13” or " iPadOS 15.4" etc. And the Viki App version. Their current version is 23.1.0 but always check because not all devices update automatically.
It’s the first thing they ask when they get back to you.

I was told by staff that the team will look into it now and will fix it asap but that could still be weeks.

6 Likes

They said the same thing to me too. I hope they are really going to do something

1 Like

is this QC Benefit Auto-Application immediate or is there a wait time, does anyone know?

Getting a QC status, after fulfilling all the requirements, has been automatic since ca 2016.

Here they’re just talking about how the benefit of watching restricted content will no longer look like a paid subscription, but will have the same effect. Almost everyone, if not all, have already switched to this new look. The functionality is exactly the same as before.

2 Likes

oh ok thanks. I just came back from a long hiatus and so many things have changed. My QC status lapsed and now I’m in a bunch of catch-22s

• Lone subbers are no longer allowed, but I’m stuck with 5(+?) ghost moderating projects that are out of license so I can’t be moderator lol
  • Some shows are still available, but without being a QC I can’t access them. What’s worse is that the project was finished, but there are 2 highlights episodes I didn’t bother translating, so it’s called “unfinished.”
  • Finally found a show to do 500 subs on and still the system doesn’t give me QC benefits. Says my benefits are renewed for 6 months until INVALID DATE

Life is tough right now lol :rofl:

1 Like

That’s clearly a bug, have you opened a ticket in Help?

2 Likes

That’s true, I forgot a lot of things :sneezing_face: I’ll open a ticket

2 Likes

Except Chromecast.

1 Like

They say they’re fixin’ it :cowboy_hat_face: It might take a year.

3 Likes

It’s taking them soo long. I want to use the app and cast to my chromecast but no still not fixed. And I noticed that when I cast from my mac the ep doesn’t start where I left off. Also annoying when you couldn’t watch the ep in one go.

1 Like

Have you seen this? Transcribing in Korean is needed.

2 Likes

They did fix it (maybe earlier, I just tried it) and I want to say thank you.

1 Like

I still have there that I need to upgrade to Viki Pass. And I already uninstalled and installed the app again and have the latest version. :pensive:

1 Like

I heard back from Viki Staff regarding casting on the TV using the App on your phone/ipad

Our engineers have gotten back to us and the issue has been fixed. Please try updating your Viki app on your mobile device, and make sure to check that your Android mobile device is on our latest Viki App version 23.3.0.

For me it works now on my phone but I still see the “get Viki Pass” button but no error when I actually cast on my TV, Well atleast not for Secret Romantic Guesthouse. Tested casted from my ipad aswell and it also works now despite the “get VikiPass” button. Tried it with Our Blooming Youth there.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer. After those 2-3 months I was just constantly watching the change with “Get Viki Pass” that I did not think they would fix the Chromecast thing without changing this issue. I looked at the app yesterday at work. Now I tried like you wrote at home and I can watch shows on my TV through Chromecast even with “Get Viki Pass”.

I’ll keep it in mind, a bit swamped for now but feeling like coming back to viki to create subs some time :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

@vikicommunity, @brendas, @giant_sean, @amm11, @themonelisa, @beefshi, @Mariko
The February Updates has left the reply box taller than the screen. Each time you type, you’re doing so blindly on a smart phone, regardless if it’s in desktop view mode.
On a laptop, or a desktop computer, this might not be as obvious, but don’t quote me on that, do, check with someone who regularly uses a computer.

So, because I’ve typed all the way down, I can begin to see, here, what I am typing. I will now switch to desktop view to show there is no difference. Please take a look at the screenshots at the end of this post. This is what I’ve had to work with in order to post, or reply.

I suspect there are others having this experience.

Once I touch the cursor, I get the keyboard, but at a price. This also happens in the PM. There are too many jumping boxes since the February 2023 update! ತ⁠_⁠ʖ⁠ತ
It’s constantly back, and forth, and back, and forth, repeatedly, typing to complete a post! ʕ⁠ಠ⁠_⁠ಠ⁠ʔ

• The Keyboard.
  • The “List of @ names to choose from”
  • The “Create a new topic”
  • The “Reply”
  • The “Delete / Discard / Keep Editing”
  • The “Jump to”
  • The “Create a link”
    They, the boxes, are all like a jumping frog!

The keyboard’s literal relation to the typing space for a new, or edited post / topic, is not in sync. As soon as you place the cursor, the boxes move, and this has been ongoing for months.

Can we please get your :nerd_face: tech savvy team :face_with_monocle: to fix this very annoying problem? The “user friendliness,” has gone wayyyy down, trying to type on these threads.:anguished:

I’ve edited my post, to fix the tone, I realize it may have come across as a personal attack. It is not, it is all frustration.

Sincerely,
Leerla73 :blush::sunflower:

1 Like

When did the subtitle disappeare on this and when are they going to be back? The few times someone contacts me that they want to be a subtitler I send them the links I think helps them to understand what it’s all about. I don’t know how other moderators do but working with me means I understanding some basics so no one can say later on that they didn’t know.

2 Likes

My bad!
Hmmm. . . :thinking: I took a visit to discourse. It seems these long term hiccups experienced in discussions, stems from a source outside of Viki’s forums. :smile: :smile: :smile: Boxes are jumping on discourse’s forum. :smile: