[Viki Community Team] July 2024 Updates

Happy Summer! (1)
It’s finally summer! :sunny: And a fun question for you — How would you spend your summer if you were to travel to Asia? :sunglasses:

Fun fact: Many countries in Asia have seasonal festivals! There is South Korea’s Boryeong Mud Festival (the most popular summer festival in the country), Japan’s Gion Matsuri (lasting the whole month of July), China’s Dragon Boat Festival (though this one happens in May/June)… and many more!

Summer Subathon Ends Soon! :dolphin: :ocean:

summer-subathon

Our 2024 Summer Subathon is almost over, but it’s not too late! Contribute while you still can until Monday, July 15th @ 23:59 (UTC) to earn an adorable summer animal badge AND a special participation badge. Remember, you will be awarded with every badge leading up to your final point badge!

Click below to read the FAQ page for more information. Happy contributing! :sunglasses:

:arrow_forward: FAQ Page

Take Our Asian Drama Trivia Quiz! :tada:

We’re excited to bring you a special treat this summer! Join the fun and test your knowledge of Asian dramas with our newest trivia quiz.

:star2: Why Take the Quiz?

• Show off your knowledge. Prove you’re the ultimate drama fan!
  • Discover new fun facts about your favorite shows and stars!

:calling: How to Participate:

• Click here to start the quiz.
  • Share your quiz results in the thread below to see how your knowledge stacks up to other fans!
  • Engage with other Contributors, chat about your favorite dramas, and enjoy the last few days of Summer Subathon!

Don’t miss out! Challenge yourself and find out who will come out on top. Ready, get set, quiz! :clapper: :sparkles:

:mortar_board: NSSA Graduates

Please congratulate the 2024 second quarter NSSA graduates! :tada:

Segmenting Academy Graduates! :mortar_board:

• iris_2__709

• strongbird41_429

• mash_193

• bbspoo

• z_uwu_s

• gon_cry

• dallin_lauritzen_733

• funsubber1811_952

• leechelle1

• kaypi

• chestnut

• rinaf1378_724

• lunaa_lulu

• ashthemarvelous_186

• maya_viola_

• sunoosophy

Dutch Academy Graduates! :mortar_board:

• feyfayer

• damiechan

• mirjam_465

• oriya

French Academy Graduates! :mortar_board:

• deval_chloe

• captncoco

• moreenke

• mas4

• theasphaltbird

• blueforest

• damagaro

• mizcoffy

• drboo

• taijitu_09

• iria360

German Academy Graduates! :mortar_board:

• mella_74

• matoon

• flowersnacc

• dabyt787i

• animarina_677

Hindi Academy Graduates! :mortar_board:

• shraddhasingh

• jooniax

• joe_she_ta

Italian Academy Graduates! :mortar_board:

• rewind95

• lys_barillari

• bea_momo

• chiarapc

• chyrynpressato_767

• brokenskins

• eleokoi

• francy76

• tokki

• francy7

• benemurino_752

• bigusamy

• erica_guhai_775

• laila2_8_881

• yamapina78_912

• tai___chi

• muchengidee_156

• nereide_23

• foxynya

• 1percent_of_luisa

• ladyc84

• marianavolleyball

• cvlypsv

• ehipaola

• pattycdc_143

• saxyz79_338

• nikiniki86

• pooh98

• suzume707

• vir_

• xihua

• naturalmentewilma_430

• roby_mon_330

Spanish Academy Graduates! :mortar_board:

• eun_soo_lee_2

• sita24

• ana_fayad

• nestordsala_863

• miguelangelito

20 Likes

A big congratulations to all that has graduated!!! :mortar_board::tada::confetti_ball::ninja::fountain_pen:

12 Likes

Congrats to all the NSSA graduates! :clap:

The quiz was fun! :star_struck:

9 Likes

Congrats!!!
I loved the quiz. It was challenging!!

8 Likes

This quiz was fun! <3

8 Likes

So proud to be here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
So proud to be here thanks to our French Academy Sensei deval_chloe :heart:
And thanks to our dear “Worldwilde Supervisor of the Translation Academy” dimghro :blue_heart:
Congrats to all the NSSA graduates! :clap:

13 Likes

What?!!? :clap: :clap: :clap:

5 Likes

Too hard for me…

10 Likes

Have to admit there’s 1-2 questions I replied randomly not knowing, I’ve been lucky :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

A record low! :partying_face: Love the gif :joy:
Even though I usually do pretty badly on these quizzes, I enjoy taking them and getting introduced to new dramas to add to my watchlist :heart_eyes:

Also,
Congrats to all new NSSA graduates!! :tada: :tada:

12 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

Congratulations to everyone! :tada:

9 Likes

Congratulations to everyone !! :partying_face:

9 Likes

It was surprising to see my name in the graduate list, as I’ve graduated years ago, but we only got the Dutch NSSA badge recently :joy:.

Congrats to everyone though :blush:.

14 Likes

Hats off and congrats to all the NSSA grads!! Yay!! :heart_eyes::mortar_board: :bouquet:

So thrilled you like the new trivia quiz!! We’ve been having fun watching the scores come in. [many of you scored much better than me. lol!] :star_struck: :dizzy: I just wanted to shoutout our Viki Community Manager, Adriana, for creating this summer’s quiz. Thank you, Adriana! :clap: :clap: :clap:

12 Likes

I’m so happy that you and Adriana are trying to give an extra energy boost in our volunteer community.:heart:
I’m really looking forward to the quiz and let’s be honest next time you post about graduates from NSSA my own segmenting students will be on it. I’m so happy that we are able to highlight everyone and hopefully more people will feel that they are seen.

7 Likes

Hi Maria!! It’s so awesome to hear from you!! Thank you for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated!! :pray::two_hearts:

How has your Swedish summer been so far? I just saw an IG-reel of how people dress in other countries and it brought back memories when they showed Sweden and everyone was wearing white, black, or tan. So good!!

What existing news that your very own segmenting students will be on next quarter’s graduation list. We are so grateful to be able to give each graduate their own little moment. They certainly deserve it!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Me too, I have not watched most of the shows on that quiz.

6 Likes

So good to see all these graduates, ad so many from the Italian Academy! Good job, everyone! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes