[Viki Community Team] New Profile Page Experience Announcement

It’s definitely getting some time to get used to. I keep confusing what’s found where at the moment. Plus I think some info is on both the profile and the contributor page, so it’s double? I haven’t taken too close a look yet, so I could be mistaken. I definitely think I need some time to study the new layout a little more to learn what goes where now. :joy:

2 Likes

Just noticed that the “Viki Pass Plus” label disappeared from the profile.

зображення 001

4 Likes

so good, that my whole about page was deleted… i worked for days on it and now it´s gone…
great…

but you are right @irene06 … plus pass doesn´t stand there anymore

2 Likes

So where do we get to see our QC progress? Like to see when our QC status expires and how many contributions we need to get it renewed…? That was available on the old profile page.

1 Like

you find this yet on the dashbord @ccxkiu

2 Likes

Click on about@
It will bring you to your about me page

2 Likes

I know where the page is, but my whole page with it’s infos disappeared. @fabienneodding
It’s a blank side now

That was my side before and now nothing. I worked days on it to get it somehow in a line after the new page appeared and since yesterday all my work is gone.

I opened a ticket and hope it can be solved :face_holding_back_tears:

2 Likes

I hope it can be solved to! It is so sad that it is gone!:cry:

3 Likes

It shows up on contributor dashboard. You can access it by choosing community from the main page.

2 Likes

The same for mine also.

Please make a switch that allows you to switch between dark and white mode. :disappointed_relieved:

In addition, you can only see the percentage of English subtitles for episodes, regardless of which language the page is set to. I would like to see again what percentage of the episodes are translated into my language.

4 Likes

Ah, the page language has no impact. What you do is you click on any episode of any show and choose the subtitle language that you want from the Settings wheel icon. (Of course there must subtitles in that language for you to choose it, even if they are 1% it’s okay). Then you’ll immediately be able to see, in the player’s episode strip, all the episodes with the percentage in the language you chose. And also, when you get out of the player and you visit the page with the episode list of that or any other drama, you will see all the percentages in that language.

This is better than it changing according to the language you chose for the website, because as you know the available languages for the Viki website pages are very few, whereas in dramas there can be dozens of different languages.

Previously it changed with the language I selected and now it no longer shows it no matter what I do. Unless I check each episode individually. :slight_smile:
Even if I do it the way you said, I have to look at each episode individually, I can’t see it in the overview either. There is only english all the time.

1 Like

I would like to know what was wrong with the old Profile Page in the first place. They WASTE so much time fixing something that was never broken in the first place, and What REALLY needs fixing is left untouched.

4 Likes

Then that’s a bug and should be reported to Help. I don’t know when they will reply and when they will fix it, but it’s worth trying.
There have been LOTS of bugs lately. For about a week, I couldn’t see the Help pages at all. Then they came back for me. Other people have reported other weird things and they got fixed eventually.
It gives me the impression that every time they introduce a change, something else gets messed up.

3 Likes

Ahh okay. Thanks for the info. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Hi, everyone. Thank you for reporting the bugs you’ve been experiencing since the migration and changes to the profile page. :pray: Product has discovered where the issues are and has Engineering working on them as we speak.

To @angelight313_941 , @teufelchen_netty_266 , @kasome123_395 and @igiam - I am so sorry your “About Me” sections were affected. The team has reverted them back and they should be appearing for you again. That said, we are advising everyone to please hold off making changes to your “About Me” until a permanent fix can be deployed. Thank you!

4 Likes

@brendas sadly not. I maybe got ¼ from my old about me page page… All the best is not showing

1 Like

Thank you, my “About Me” has been restored :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This feature is back!
I can see my language progress at a glance again.

10 Likes