[Viki Community Team] New Profile Page Experience Announcement

So far, nothing was difficult for me to find, in addition, Viki helped us because the Moderator, who did not have a free place, could not get another place. Because even if they tried to enter, we they would get a nice notification that that person doesn’t have an empty seat.

1 Like

It just means that those who haven’t contributed (yet) will not have sections for Project Contributions and Recent Contributions present until they actually contribute.

However, that also means one can’t recruit a complete newbie by sending a PM. You have to wait for them to send you a PM first, whether directly or via the Project Finder. Which is slightly weird.

Has there been a lot of spam and phishing on Viki, so that’s why they’re limiting the message system only to volunteers?

And will this help to ameliorate the inbox error somehow?

Or was the inbox error there because they were working on this new limited feature? :face_with_spiral_eyes:

4 Likes

I think it’ll still be possible to message them by going to our inbox, create a new message and paste their username in “To:”.

6 Likes

What happened? Where’s the new profile page experience? :eyes:

15 Likes

That is quite enough, each CM writes that it is necessary to have an active QC status and at least one empty place. So every moderator knows whether or not they can apply for a new drama.

1 Like

Am i the only one that does not see the changes?

5 Likes

Nope, I don’t see anything changed either.

2 Likes

must be a bug or a delay… nothing yet Swiss time 6pm (almost)

2 Likes

Mine changed the dashboard.

2 Likes

Mine didn’t change at all for now, maybe it changed for America and not Europe yet.
America always get updates before Europe.

3 Likes

Try this link Viki Contributor Community
To me it shows like this

3 Likes

It works! Thanks :heart:

3 Likes

I couldn’t find the Followers/Following… Is it only on your own dashboard perhaps??

Oooh, you can sort projects based on individual roles :smiley:

And all of the roles have a language assigned (where applicable)!

3 Likes

It works, but I was expecting the update on the actual profile page, not on the Dashboard. And how we are supposed to get to this new profile? Do we have to use this link and replace our username with the one we want to visit?

5 Likes

It also works for me only through the link and replacing the profile name. But on if I go to my own profile normally or if I go to the contributor page dashboard. Maybe like @deval_chloe said, those of us in Europe might get it later?

2 Likes

right. it only works with the link above :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The dashboard is still old for me.

https://contribute.viki.com/dashboard

5 Likes

same. it really just works with the link from Lila

3 Likes

Same for me. I have no idea how to get to the new contributor profile. I made it by replacing @cerejacult’s username with mine in that link of hers.

3 Likes