[Viki Community Team] October 2023 Updates

Do you know the Latin name of Otters?

Lutra Lutra

I got to learn that because of the Viki nick I chose.

6 Likes

While on this topic, can Croatian translators finally get a Croatian language badge?

Serbians have it, Hungarians have it. And yet…

6 Likes

It’s adorable, really close to the Italian word!
(I proposed capybara, when they are immersed in water they are very cute)

5 Likes

Well, what is the Italian name?

4 Likes

It’s “Lontra” :otter:

5 Likes

I would love an Arctic wolf or a winter animal.

wol

13 Likes

Thank you again for letting us share your stories with the rest of the community, @maria_lavendula_77 and @androniki_p !! We are so grateful! :heartpulse::blush::heartpulse: :blush:

9 Likes

What an interesting idea to have each week be a different animal, @shraddhasingh. Thanks for suggesting it!

6 Likes

I love how varied these animal suggestions for Winter Subathon are! I can’t wait to see which ones end up in the Top 10 for your final vote! :badger: :owl: :snowflake: :otter: :wolf:

10 Likes

Thank you again for asking me, :heart:

6 Likes

I suggested a mermaid!

There is no “website” field in the Preferences tab.

UPDATE: People have shown me where it is!

4 Likes

If you scroll down a little bit after clicking on the “Profile” to the left, you should be able to see the “Website” field.

7 Likes

Sweetie, you are in the “Account” section… click on “Profile” and website will appear.

5 Likes

Ah, thanks! I didn’t realize it was a video, I thought it was a picture, because the video stopped when I hovered on it. So I tried to get to the page the “picture” was pointing at.
And “Profile” was even in the written description. Silly of me.

But what do you think about the mermaid idea?

5 Likes

You’re welcome! It was just a screen capture I think panics and checks Sometimes having a visual helps. :smile:

I think the mermaid would be a great idea for the new badge! So many people have offered great suggestions, but I eventually went for the snowy owl :owl:

Edit: Sorry, new to Discussions. I clicked on reply to your post, but it doesn’t look I directly replied after posting it?

6 Likes

Me too :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Me too Snowy Owl, perhaps like the Hedwig one :rofl:

10 Likes

Hedwig definitely played a part in my decision this time :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

Evidently, a lot of us are leaning towards birds. I chose the peacock… I was thinking of all those beautiful tail feathers…

13 Likes

Thanks @guiltyo0o :rose: