[Viki Community Team] Seg-Subtember 2023 Updates & Guidelines!

:wink:

2 Likes

Hi @simi11 - You’re right. Seg-Suptember won’t be able to adjust for this and like any brand new event we are learning and adjusting - the same process we went through with Subathons. :heart: What we’re hoping is that this sole, stand-alone event will make attaining their first event badge more of a reality for those who consistently never reach enough contribution points for a badge despite participating in Subathons season after season. We’ll be back to Subathons in the Winter! Thanks, @simi11

3 Likes

@brendas Can this time we have a list of Top 25 contributors of each bucket? We would like to appreciate their time and efforts put into creating subtitles/segments.

2 Likes

Is the top 3 chosen at the end, like the top 25? Or is it given per bucket per week? (If already asked, i can’t find it)

I have a problem there are so many that i want to like here on “Discussions” and I cant, if liking is a part it feels wrong for me not being abel to like every one (at the moment this page has put me on an 11 hours ban from liking… :disappointed:

3 Likes

Another quick suggestion,

How about telling us Top 10 subtitled languages this time?

1 Like

Sorry if this question has already been answered, but is there any sort of leaderboard for the weeks? Like for example, if I was going for the 4-day badge, is there any way to know how close I am to the top 25?

3 Likes

I posted it in the other thread!

1 Like

How many times can one qualify for the Top 3 gifts? Will it be unique, so 12 people receive the gift, or can one person qualify more than once, then will they receive more than one gift?

1 Like

i think there will be the same people like always…

4 Likes

Is there a way for me to check how many days I contributed? I’m not sure about last week, especially because of the time zones, but I’d like to get different badges for the 4 weeks.

1 Like

Look at the contributions on your profile page. It says the date you made them.

I only see how many days ago I made them, which doesn’t clarify the date, because it’s counted from present moment, so it can change in the middle of the day, if a whole day since that sub passes.

As they said, every week will have a different background color, so even if you go with the same day count every week, it will be different badge.

I think this challenge has a disadvantage, if some one is very active every day and wants to have a 2 or 3 days badge coz s/he think it is cute, s/he will minimize his contribution to 2/3 days rather than full week. Just saying

1 Like

If you really want to see the date, look in the history of the subtitle editor.

1 Like

They could also become a segmenter. Then they won’t have to worry about getting too many contributions. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I am talking about this challenge only!
It is not about how many contributions whatever it is, since it has no minimum, you could pass with only one a day!

But I think the challenges should encourage volunteers to contribute more than they usually do and encourage others to come back :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This was the initial idea behind Seg-Subtember. But at that time, it sounded very forced, why should all of us contribute everyday to earn a badge; the badges at that time were 7, 14, 21 and 28 days. This is still better, because you can take a break and still get a badge. In the initial draft, if you took a break, you’ll lose your chances to earn a badge as well.

4 Likes

Can’t say the thought didn’t cross my mind for a second or two. I really want a 2-day badge, but I enjoy my Viki time too much, and I don’t want to hold up my projects just for the sake of a badge.

5 Likes

I am aware of that! But I guess you didn’t get the joke…

I think they shouldn’t. This is actually a step in the right direction. It’s just that it’s new and not completely perfect yet, but at least they are now searching for a way to not let everything always be about contribution count. We are now rewarded for our efforts instead of merely for the measurable results.

3 Likes