[Viki Community Team] Seg-Subtember 2023 Updates & Guidelines!

The French could even request an 8-days badge… :joy:

3 Likes

Aaah I suspected as much - and was kinda hoping it’d work like that.

Just a quick question. This post says that the event will end on September 28th (UTC), but in the RSVP it says “September 1st – September 30th (UTC)”. I’m guessing the correct ending date is the 28th, I just wanted to make sure!

1 Like

If I don’t post any threads but my contirbutions fulfill the badges requirement (eg. contributing 2 days in a week), will I get the 2 days badge?

6 Likes

@brendas could you please let us know what is rhe maximum number of badges a user can receive? Like the Maximum.

@brendas Please provide a list of proper segmenting projects we seggers and subbers can work on like we used to for this challenge. No presegged/presubbed, no A&C and no variety shows which are a pain to segment and sub.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’m still confused about somethings, should i post about the gemstone i’m pursuing each week in the dedicated thread at the beginning of the week & like 2 other volunteers’ post to get these gemstone & that’s it?
so what if i posted but couldn’t find 2 new posts to like? won’t i get anything just bcoz i couldn’t like any post?
what if i said i’m going for the 3 or 4 days but contributed 2 or 5 days, i usually contribute everyday btw, but if something happened, won’t i get any badge just bcoz i contributed less or more than my post?

7 Likes

I’m with @dudie but adding to the list projects where we only can move the segments slightly and not do anything more than that (only slightly adjusting and not touching text or segment)… This might seem absurd but yes we have those too…
I love A&C migh i ad but doing segmenting from scratch would make me more happy than winning the lottery… :wink:

2 Likes

I’m curious about this too.

4 Likes

I wonder what happens when everyone only does something on 2 days because he/she likes the 2 day badge so much. Even the people who otherwise 7 days a week each have over 1000 contributions per day. If this is done over a month, don’t you think that the viewers will be very happy about the non-existent contributions?

5 Likes

Viki is having this September seg-and-sub-athon to encourage segmenters, but I already told the Staff that they need to give segmenters decent credits. A segmenter can do a whole part and get only 1-5 credits because the pre-subs are already created segments. That’s why many don’t even want to segment, and I don’t blame them. But it leaves our poor Chief Segmenters doing most of it!

I don’t even have room on my profile page for September badges. I would like decent credits for segmenters! No matter how hard they work, they don’t receive proper credits!

16 Likes

Hi @hanjingyi - Good catch! The RSVP should be updated now with the correct dates. :grinning:

5 Likes

Hi @boppytolly_520 - Good to see you. We’d love to see you post what gemstone you’re after and like someone else’s post as it’ll make participating more fun because your fellow Contributors can cheer you on. That said, if you forget to post we won’t hold it against you and you’ll still earn a badge based on the # of days you contribute. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi @shraddhasingh - The maximum number of Seg-Subtember badges someone can possibly earn for this event is eight (8) badges:
One badge for week 1
One badge for week 2
One badge for week 3
One badge for week 4
One Top 25 badge for the 2-day bucket
One Top 25 badge for the 3-day bucket
One Top 25 badge or the 4-day bucket
One Top 25 badge for the 5 day bucket

All in all, a LOT of badges!! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hi @dudie! By chance have you seen the shows listed on the Seg-Subtember FAQ page? Will they be of help?

I’ve reached out to the team and most of the segmenting opportunities are A&C - like Sweet Games. I’m asking again if any segmenting from scratch titles have already launched and will report back. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @mary19c11 - Thanks for asking for clarification on this! Hopefully this won’t happen but if you can’t find 2 other posts to like, it’s OK and won’t prevent you from earning a badge.

And if you say you’re going for X number of days and you’re unable to make that number, no worries there either! Hope this helps. :heart:

2 Likes

Hi @maria_lavendula_77 - It’s wonderful to see you! Thank you for sharing what you’re looking for as well. I’ll let you all know what I hear back from the team. Thanks!

1 Like

And what if, from the list you show, we are not in any of the series, or it hasn’t just been handed over to OLmods, how do they participate?
Do all my lines count for other series?

So after seeing the list of 8 badges that we can get, i’ve another question. What if i contributed the same number of days every week, like if i contributed for 5 days every week, will i get the same badge 4 times??
That would be weird tbh.

Each week has a different color.

2 Likes

Hello dear, I have a drama coming on 24th September (Life) and it needs to be segmented and also translated into English, if anyone is interested contact my CE and CS to get you on their team, in case you are interested in being a moderator of OL contact me , you can get one badge for that week, you can also get many segments and rank 1,2,3 on the leaderboard.

:wink:

5 Likes