[Viki Community Team] Seg-Subtember 2023: Week 1

Ok first badge is in the pocket :partying_face:

@porkypine Can you add me as a subber so I can acces my English captions in the editor and not only in the timer? That’s blocked for me.

9 Likes

We used to save the presubs and put them back after QC. If the segmenters do it during segging, it takes until eternity before a part is done. Also, some of their efforts will be for nothing if the CS makes any changes. In other teams, the subs didn’t get saved at all and the result was that Viki didn’t want us to combine at all anymore. And now we are supposed to find a “solution” for a problem that shouldn’t have existed in the first place.
How far are we supposed to go to please impatient viewers?
I’m fine with pasting the subs back, but I am not going to do it during segmenting. An occasional segment here and there is fine, but if I have to mass paste, I’ll do it afterward. Segmenters have work enough as it is.

13 Likes

Still doing the same and people may fry me if I only log in twice per week… :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Ignore those people :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Is it already time for the next round? Well, then … have fun, everyone! Hugs! :heart:

18 Likes

Not exactly random… I “mint” it :kissing_heart: :wink:

13 Likes

Hello, I’m going for the 5-day badge! Good luck everyone :blush:

21 Likes

In my case, it’s probably part of my culture (I live in Sweden and we’re afraid of hurting people, even those we don’t know), I can’t like only one person in a thread like this as there are so many people here that deserves a like… That said I usually I like many threads here on discussions, I´m here everyday might I add… :wink:

14 Likes

I hope to achive 5-day badge. Good luck everyone :revolving_hearts:

17 Likes

Thanks a lot, for a second i was about to correct you but i turned my editor system off & completed the message :joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

But that means you’ll be here for hours liking posts & won’t have time to participate lol

6 Likes

i doesnt take hours to like the posts… just a view minutes here and there :smiley:

14 Likes
  1. woche endet am 7.
7 Likes

I will never be a top 50 on the “leaderboard” and not amongst the top of this challange but I have worked on my projects today. :wink: I do tend to look from time to time and see if there are some one new that I haven´t “liked” yet.

16 Likes

I’m going for the 5-day badge!

19 Likes

Mary, as for me, it’s a nice way to encourage others, not randomly liking.
We can do it :muscle:

23 Likes

I am looking forward to the 5-day Badge. FIGHTING :star_struck:

19 Likes

Irene!!! Good to see u darling! Hopefully you’ll get to Top 25 contributors. Wish you the best!!

And good luck to everyone!:heart::sparkles: Whether, we get to Top Contributors or not, we’re already the best :heart_on_fire: !

17 Likes

TRUE! But unfortunately, it is a fact that shows are coming pre-subbed in multiple languages now. And I looked at @mirjam_465 and @valneijr method via the Bulkk Editors which we will try on Wrong Carriage… I admit the way I came up with SUCKS but I was never a subtitler so I never worked with the bulk editor before. Thanks for pointing it out to me. :+1: Always looking for the easiest method to use.

Yea, but the OL viewers scream about missing subs to Viki so we have to paste while we segment. We either put up with this multi-language sub-pasting when combining or never work on multi-language shows. Many segmenters are boycotting multi-language, adjust only and even English-only A&C shows.

We tried regular A&C on one multi-language project but the OL mods failed to show up on time so the OL subs failed, viewers screamed, Viki slapped our hands and told us that we can’t do that anymore. We have to paste the OL as we combine. OR never delete segments and just paste the English together.

9 Likes

?? ASC does not have any subtitles. Are you translating Korean to English? You should be able to sub via the segment timer.

If you want access to the subtitle editor, ask MSV. I can only add segmenters.

6 Likes