Viki meltdown?

Did your post have a link? That can cause problems. I had my posts go in moderation when I wanted to include a link or picture. When I complained to Viki staff about it they approved my message and it became visible.

Thanks for keeping track :slight_smile: Sorry for my late response.

After I’ve posted my ‘rant’ above, I tried to access sub tool but couldn’t. The next day, I tried to log in to Viki but couldn’t. When I finally logged in (later that day), before I could start watching or working, my PC crashed! I was and am still using Chrome browser. The crash happened 3 times during a 2-day period. I have no idea if it was due to Viki site issues or Chrome browser’s update or app conflict. I did a recycle, reinstall and reboot anyway.

After staying away from Viki for the following couple of days, I logged in again yesterday and all was well for about 4 hours, although I still had to refresh (server connection alert) many times. I managed to release one episode of a drama, and managed to post on TD/Disqus (I assume it’s still there and hasn’t disappeared. lol) But when I tried to continue with another channel’s episode, the video just won’t load for me. Neither did TD/Disqus.

So yes, issues still exist (for me), and for others who posted here. It’s good to know of issues affecting site users. Thanks to all who shared (and will continue to share) :slight_smile:

I am sure Viki engineering is having their own head-scratching moments. More power to you guys/gals. We look forward to a bug-free, issue-free Viki.

1 Like

It happens. For me, it’s been happening on and off for weeks. It happened even when my posts were simply “Thank you” notes to fellow volunteers. No idea what caused it or why they were flagged/moderated. No idea if those were due to VIki or Disqus. When I asked Viki, I was told that was a Disqus issue. When I asked Disqus, I did not get any response.

1 Like

True. I guess all we can do is to wait it out.

I have had inbox issues since I returned from a 2-month mini-hiatus due to a bad hurricane. I have over 500 messages that I could not access. I was not sure (and still am not sure) if that number was numerically true or just another bug. From message previews of the first few pages, I could see that many of them are team notifications or promos. Back then, when I tried to read the messages and to reply, I would always end up being thrown back to the first page. I could not progress beyond the first few pages. I have no wish to access them anymore (to those who messaged me, my sincere apologies to you) because when I do, I get more frustrated. I have notified Viki and have given suggestions for a more user-friendly inbox. It’s great to know from their updates that they are working on it.

2 Likes

502 Server error anyone?
Help Center upstream request timeout?

EDIT … after an hour or so - it’s finally working again. But now I need sleep. Good night.

3 Likes

No link either.

@jadecloud88 yeah, it just sucks.

1 Like

I once tried to delete notifications that were old (dramas already finished etc.) and then I was unable to enter inbox again…

When I could enter it again after some time I didn’t try to delete the notifications again bc I was afraid og being locked from the inbox again so now it’s a mess with several hundred notifications…

2 Likes

There is another “bug” that I’ve been experiencing - every time I click on one of the menu options in the subtile editor, the thing I clicked on, for example manage episode, opens twice. It’s getting really annoying O.O

I had notified Viki of that problem before, but still no answer…

2 Likes

The double tab issue is also something I have too, but I forgot to mention it because other bugs are even more annoying.

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning it though, I felt like I was the only one suffering TT

1 Like

OMG! This has been happening in my case for weeks already. I thought it’s some kind of virus on my pc that’s causing it and have been ‘cleaning’ and ‘cleaning’ with Norton but it still happens to date. It never did occur to me that it could be an issue with Viki sub tool. But who knows? It could well be a bug here.

True. Likewise. :persevere:

1 Like

Anyone having the same issue. A bunch of shows which were available are now in coming soon.

The bugs are back. Now, unable to comment in the Team Discussion. Can’t even reply to a comment already in existence. The links in the editor you have to right-click to open. Also, is it just me… but are certain Viki pages so dang slow that you want to smash your head open? I can’t say it’s my wifi as all my other pages on different sources open at lightening speed. But Viki… it takes almost a full minute for a page to load. EXCEPT the editor.

6 Likes

Me, too. Every thing is slow, including here. And also the Team Discussion problem, I can’t comment, reply, or upvote. I had to return to using the good old inbox to communicate with the team… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Yesterday I had some serious issues with the Viki main page and every time, I wanted to manage a page. First I thought my grafic card or monitor have some problems or would be damaged, but I had those problems only with Viki and no other site. Those beams changed while scrolling up and down, sometimes they vanished while refreshing. My profile wasn’t affected and I had no problems with the editor or Team Discussion. Today the problems seems to be solved. But now Viki is sooo slow! Balken

2 Likes

@kakashiandme It’s not only you. Slow-loading pages all around. Once I’m in the segment timer, I can work at normal speed, but then when finished I can’t add a notification in the Team Discussion that the part is completed. Right-click and open in a new tab is not working for me either. And to top it off, I can’t close out of the editor by clicking on the “X” at the top right corner. I have to close the tab in my browser and open a new session of Viki to continue on with anything else.

1 Like

Same for me. Issues with editor. Unable to comment, unable to click “bulk translation” or “manage video”. I wrote the ticket. Still no answer from viki. So sad.

2 Likes

I wrote them directly @vikistatus on Twitter. They are usually quick in responses. They’ve not said anything. So this WHOLE day… nothing. We can’t even communicate properly on Disqus. I’ve no clue if my English edit team have done their jobs, no clue if the segmenting have completed their jobs so I can contact the English team… So everything is practically slowed down to a halt.

I hate not knowing if I’m needed or not.

1 Like

This is the longest that Viki has patched problems but not actually fixed them. It’s continuous… I’d be happy if Viki shutdown for a day just so they could fix it all, instead of the mediocrity we are working with now.

1 Like

Added them to the list of problems (sorry if I mispelled, I’m on my phone). I haven’t been on Viki these weeks, so I don’t know which new bugs popped up.

I do hope they fix the problems. Like @kakashiandme said, I wouldn’t mind if they worked on Viki for a day, but I can imagine that non-volunteers would complain (or maybe they would have to shut down the volunteer sections for a day to fix the problems)