Viki meltdown?

But they need to tell us if they shut it so that we wouldn’t have to keep checking and waste our time. I had to say that in case they listen.

3 Likes

Anyway it works again.

The good old Viki used to have red tape that would scroll across the main page when scheduled maintenance was about to happen. I’ve not seen a “scheduled maintenance” in a long time. Now, we have a website that is so littered with bugs and problems, with no end in site. It’s working now, but it’s still terribly slow on my side. And it’s only Viki, not other websites that I enter. And I don’t think the bugs are officially fixed but patched up until the next meltdown.

2 Likes

I’ve been growing more and more frustrated with Viki. Aside from log in problems and the constant need to refresh 1-5x an episode (because it will suddenly stop and tell me it isn’t supported), the website has been getting slower and slower. For the past 3-4 weeks, I have logged in maybe 3 or 4 times to check to see if the speed has improved. It hasn’t.

It takes forever to get to anything or watch it. I waited this long because I was hoping it would improve, while also triple checking it wasn’t anything on my end causing this.

I’ll give it another week and if it still takes as long or longer, I’m going to go back to standard pass and watch elsewhere.

4 Likes

It was loading slowly and got disconnected randomly like 1 or 2 weeks ago.

Now, it works as usual and in bonus, the new video player was there.

They wrote in help center top banner that using Google log in could not work. For me so far, it worked.

I think it will settle down little by little for a few people, then for more people until everyone.

I have the impression that the video resolution is better with the new player (I am not sure it is the same or it was enhanced). I like the new player though sometimes, it pauses randomly as if it was a responsive one (maybe to tell me to take a break and drink water, alas after 10 min of watching, it is a little too soon :joy:)

Joking aside, it will get better for more people if it got better for me.

1 Like

The website has been practically non-existent for about 10 hours for me. Whenever I tried to open it, or any link connected to it, I would get an error message that says that “connection was reset” or something like that. I went to Viki’s twitter account but saw no note. Even Discussions wasn’t there… The only thing that worked was the phone app. What happened??

1 Like

I can´t enter the subtitle editor per phone… only on my laptops. if I want to help my team, when I am aren´t at home, I can´t help

1 Like

Does anyone get this message when watching episodes?

“The media playback was aborted due to a corruption problem or because the media used features your browser did not support.”

3 Likes

The new changes taking place here are affecting a lot of stuff but I know is a matter of time before everything gets checked in order. It’s like everything in life: changes in our life’s circumstances may affect things all around us, and we just need to be patient until things finally settle down.

I personally feel very pleased about many changes in here at RakutenViki: like when it comes to watching the videos, the subs are in the drama quite fast(very rare in the past), and I pleasantly love to see that the subtitles in ENGLISH, make sense for a change.

A while back the subtitles were such a confusing mess that I just gave up on watching MANY of them. But now all the dramas I’m watching lately, are highly to my satisfaction as a viewer.

I see more variety in dramas here lately, which is a PLUS to me. No matter the theme it is, is up to the viewer what they want/chose to watch. The romantic K dramas became to me monotonous and predictable so there was no joy in me to watch them.

There is a saying in Spanish: ‘‘Después de la tormenta, viene la calma.’’ Something like ‘‘viki’s meltdown’’ in my opinion, the meltdown is really the foundation that’s been reconstructed and as is get build we will encounter crossroads but nothing that can’t be fixed with time.

We learn from our mistakes so it might take a little more time because ‘‘while the difficult takes time, the impossible just take a little longer.’’ Let’s have faith on the site and its new owners and give them a chance, too. For so many years viki site has been our favorite and we should now wait patiently, and although I may not be around to see the completed changes I’m so glad that one day other’s will love and enjoy fully this site again. It will be reborn and not gone like many others.

1 Like

Well, I hope they do take the time to look at all the different problems we are experiencing and take the time to fix them :smiley:

Are you still planning to leave Viki?

1 Like

I did get that one day, but not anymore. The problem I experience is that the episodes freeze while I watch the episodes, mostly when in the middle of the episodes. Maybe that will go away soon as well.

1 Like

Viki still slow to load for me.

2 Likes

@feyfayer

Yes…:disappointed:

they are taking long in deleting my account so I passed by to check…again lol. I’m guessing they’re trying to fix so many issues in this site, and they don’t see that as a priority. I really don’t know since I did 2 request already. Or maybe I’m thinking bc I don’t want a ‘‘refund’’ they want to give me, and they have an issue with that?

I do hope they can work out all the issues that are not resolved yet (the one that kills me so much, the buffering in some dramas/not all dramas though) It’s really annoying to watch a drama that stops mid-scene and takes a while to show again.

Oddly enough, in my smart TV viki application, I never get that so hateful buffering issue, that’s such a pain in the back to deal with.

I wonder if other viewers get that ‘‘buffering’’ in certain dramas.

1 Like

can anyone enter the episodes on there phone by now?

1 Like

Will your account on this forum be deleted automatically because your linked account on Viki won’t be there anymore?

You should keep your account if one day, you change your mind.

One of the volunteers here told:
Even if your mind or your body is away, if your heart is still there, then…

If you feel like staying there with this account is what you really want, then don’t delete your account and let it be.
You can just not come and come back a few weeks, months or years later, as you want.

At least, give yourself this possibility?

4 Likes

This could be a sign, that you shouldn’t leave Viki!

2 Likes

@piranna

You guys make me feel special and I want to thank you all so much for that. Since I won’t be working anymore subbing the dramas, I thought I should delete the account. But I guess you’re right, not deleting the account will give me a chance to visit you guys here when I miss to ‘‘hear’’ communicate with you guys. I know that many here like you, Adrian, marygrether etc…genuinely like, and care for me.

I don’t know if I would need to cancel the request to have the account deleted. Do you know? I will give myself that possibility, and won’t have to deal with missing you guys bc I do…:hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@somejuwels

I thought so, too. I also was thinking they may be giving me time to decide if I really want to leave viki for good. We’ll see…wouldn’t it be funny if it gets deleted now, that I’m having second thoughts? hahahaha.:rofl:

1 Like

I think you would need to cancel the request, just to be sure :wink:

2 Likes

I would also request to cancel the account’s deletion, just to be sure…

And I think everyone is free to join discussions here even without volunteering :cherry_blossom:

3 Likes