Want to subtitle for show but CM inactive

I want to subtitle for the kdrama Cinderella Man, but the CM hasn’t responded (she might be inactive). I have tried reaching out to Viki and they just gave me a standard response (to reach out to the CM…). There are currently no other moderators for this project. Does anybody know what to do?

Did you try to contact her directly or through the project finder?
The project finder due to the new inbox is somewhat faulty and messages aren’t going through to the CM.
But if you tried directly … On her profile she wrote she would check regularly in December. However, there is no contribution of her in a year. The channel has only her as a segmenter, that means there are no segments either, even if you wanted to subtitle there is no space to add them. Try it once more and if she doesn’t write back, then we need to address it to Viki once more.
I know this might not be a satisfying answer for you, but I am hesitant to see the CM for this channel change again. There already was one before her. I wish you good luck.

Call me crazy, but shouldn’t people who are chosen to be CMs, be the ones who visit Viki.com at least once every week for a whole year (or al least six months)?

It seems a bit random to give an abandoned channel to another user who will just abandon it again.

This is just a general remark, not something connected to the channel mentioned. I’m also working on one such channel, abandoned twice. On top of that the project is old so it has plenty of mistakes in segmenting and translation (the standard for segging and subbing was different back then). There are plenty of things I could fix myself. But the CM is just not here. It’s frustrating.

4 Likes

@dongbangb2uty! I’ve dropped you a note regarding this — check your email inbox! :slight_smile:

@bozoli Yikes, I’m sorry to read about that. We encourage reporting inactive channels and/or Channel Managers if you run into similar problems in the future and we will follow up as soon as possible!

1 Like

Great, thank you!

Thank you for the interest, @jeslynl. I’ve sent the first message to the CM March 7th and a second one fairly recently, March 22nd. I’ll just wait a bit longer and see…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

But what to do about Latest Releases?
There are two latest release, one Korean and the other Japanese. Both CMs are inactive!
The Korean one, inactive since a month, there has been no recruitment.
An interesting thing to note is that the CM was inactive for years, suddenly came back, got a channel and disappeared again. Luckily the show is presubbed so not much work has to be done but what will OL do?
The Japanese one had recruitment and is sadly inactive for less than a week and I am a part of the team too. I see that the videos aren’t cut into parts and seggers are struggling with no English Subs ever since relases of the episode.
I reported the former thrice, hoping reporting thrice will get some attention but it has been three days and there is no response from Viki and no co-manager as well.

WHAT TO DO??

3 Likes

They were busy writing that post about the implementation of automatic subs.

2 Likes