We refuse to work for abusive Channel Managers! šŸ˜”

I know this post is going to be flagged and deleted soon. But letā€™s liven up the atmosphere once again.

Donā€™t add abusers as either CM, or moderator. Thatā€™s ridiculous. Some people who canā€™t even use a proper english (Even French in that case) were added mutliple times in important roles. I wonā€™t say which channel, because I donā€™t want the post to be considered inappropriate or an ad hominem attack. But Iā€™m always available if you want to know which channel is targeted here.

My point is : Weā€™d like to know how youā€™re selecting your Channel Managers. Are you using a software to randomly choose among the list of applicants, or are you thoroughly observing who are the contributors. Itā€™s not the first time youā€™ve added an abuser as CM or Moderator. If you want the quality subtitles created by an incredible community as youā€™re advocating,and not only quantity (as weā€™re thinking) please be consistent in your choices and listen to the community.

These are your guidelines for choosing a CM.

• Proven track record and good standing in the Viki Community.

Oh, how Iā€™ve proven multiple time what the records were and are. The facts are talking for themself. You just need to take a look at them.
Report numbers : #1509535 ; #1508998 ; #1493640 (If you want to take a look) + Pm with diverses informations you received.

To show you how the subtitles look like, a few exemple:
Itā€™s perfectly fine in English, however, in French, ending a sentence by : ā€œoui, il est.ā€ Has no meaning.

Everythingā€™s wrong in this sentenceā€¦ Itā€™s written: (he) stops him already and ventilation of her face.

And saldy, these are not the only two sentences I haveā€¦

"A Channel Manager (CM) is the main leadership role within a channelā€™s team structure. Channel Managers are the major decision makers who make sure the channel is being run smoothly." (Guidelines)

Shouldnā€™t one speak a decent english to be able to run a channel smoothly, how can you be sure there wonā€™t be any consequences while adding an abuser to such an important role ? Youā€™re not even supervising.

This is what WAS written on the cover page. (And which was apparently copied BY another user.)
Since then it has been removed and modified. You canā€™t find it anymore.

"Hi everyone ! I hope that all is great for you !
I take the asks of moderations until [ā€¦].
Things important to know :

• Have your QC status. !
  • [ā€¦] Be sure that you will can take care for it until the end. !
  • Cover Page come soon ! !

Thank you for your interest for this project.

In recruit :
English Edit for check that the translation itā€™s okay.
Segmenter for check that the segments are good.

If you have of questions, [ā€¦]!

(I removed few bits, but sentences were not altered.)

Btw, 10 months and still counting for my reports!
Do I get a special anniversary gift for 1 year without an answer? :slight_smile:

@vikicommunity @giant_sean @amm11 @amyk :wave:

24 Likes

Even amongst fluent English speakers there is room for misunderstanding. Let alone here.

5 Likes

To be appointed as a channel managerā€¦

• Proven track record and good standing in the Viki Community.

I have been noticing that recent appointed managers are fairly new I guess Viki wants to give them a chance. How many completed projects as managers is required? Anyway, I only hope things go smoothly for their teams.

10 Likes

Iā€™m all for letting new contributors be channel Manager, given that they have experiences at least as moderators, just not Abusers honnestlyā€¦ Theyā€™re adding whoever without checking. Even someone who was reportedā€¦

7 Likes

I see they still havenā€™t checked the reported abusers you mentioned long before :disappointed:

A message from 10 months ago??? It seriously needs attention and a proper answer.

8 Likes

Oh no! But I knew they wouldnā€™t! My one year anniversary is going to be dope! Prepare yourself, you might see a topic pop up :slight_smile: (It might infringe a few guidelines, but who care since they wonā€™t handle abusers. Weā€™re free to do whatever!)

6 Likes

Okay I just figured out the channel in question.

That channel was just created this week so my guess is that they were desperate to choose a manager.

The episodes will be uploaded in 6 days???

OMG! A Gold Qc likely to be an abuser? This is something they need to investigate further.

7 Likes

Not surprising considering how abuser tend to get ahead faster than other volunteers precisely because they are abusing the system.

12 Likes

Joing the clubā€¦ Same situation, no answer for almost a year XD And they also got appointed as a CM, I just donā€™t understandā€¦

3 Likes

I know weā€™ve been in the same boat all this time! I feel you.
But rejoice my friend, itā€™s an anniversary, it must be celebrated :smile:

At this point, Iā€™m just wondering how many anniversaries Iā€™ll see!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s funny actually! I found someone who has the same cover page for a movie. So Who was first the chicken or the egg? Any fellow spanish interested? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I found the movie channel in question.

I think the just appointed drama manager copied and pasted the movie managerā€™s exact cover page because the movie channel was created before. Maybe her English is not good enough and used another vikierā€™s cover pageā€¦

But, I have just checked the drama channel again and its cover page has been changed to a shorter new version.

@justine_desmoulins You are really a good detective :sunglasses:

2 Likes

When I read your post, the movie had no cover page yet.

1 Like

Really?
I donā€™t tend to check movies.
Anyway, now both channels have different cover pages.

1 Like

Yes. And I havenā€™t discovered the drama yet, but itā€™s likely the same person.

3 Likes

LOL
You wonā€™t find it now, the cover page has been edited.
It is one of the very recently created channels. It is a Japanese channel.:wink:

4 Likes

@mirjam_465 & @marykarmelina Youā€™re both amazing and would make great detectives! So we know where it started.:mag:

Even if they have different cover pages, do not fret, I screened everything. I know how fast things tend to change over here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You know youā€™ve got serious problems when even the page you choose to copy from word-to-word uses garbage English :skull::joy::joy:

11 Likes

Viki only gave one day for CM applications, which is really not a good idea. Besides the abuser side of the story which I donā€™t know about, the fact that sheā€™s giving until August 26th for OL moderators to apply when the film is going to be released in a few days is a bit problematic.

6 Likes

Iā€™d say thatā€™s just a mistake in months, it probably should be july? But Iā€™m only guessing, we will see.

4 Likes