What are you currently watching?

:watch::wink: Maintenant je suis monté dans le train aussi, j’espère que ce sera un bon voyage, super !!! :zap:

Update :grinning:
Thanks for the recommendation :hugs: , it was interesting and especially the ending is unexpected…
{Actualiser
Merci pour la recommandation, c’était intéressant et surtout la fin est inattendue…}
:grinning:

2 Likes

@ninjas_with_onions . . . Am I being treated badly by Discobot again because my just-now rejected review of Insider used a banned word? If so, which one?

(Giphy website)

I gave the show five stars and wrote the text below. Much, much milder verbiage than I wanted to use.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I liked the:

– Acting.
– Music.
– Costuming.
– Cinematography and editing.

Other aspects were less than impressive.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

When I clicked “Submit,” I got a little message in red:

"Oh no, we weren't able to submit the review.  Please try again."

Didn’t matter what browser I tried.

Why do you think my harmless comment being blocked this time?

(Giphy website)

2 Likes

To me, it looks more like being “bugged”. The problem of not being able to add a review was stated more often this year, I can’t even remember, if they meant that it was fixed.

3 Likes

Its not being censored. Check again in a few days… it should be there

2 Likes

currently rewatching hotel de luna! Just finished watching Extra-Ordinary You!

1 Like

Ah, found it, you are not alone

1 Like

Perhaps the programmers and help-deskers are on summer vacation? Or as the Brits and friends say, on summer holiday? It occurs to me that Viki segmenters and subbers who show the most dedication and precision might be promoted to being help-deskers for their area, time-zone, or whatever.

Having more “on the ground” awareness of various issues with the website and the subtitle editor and segment time and whatnot, those volunteer help deskers could save the paid folks a lot of headaches.

Would it be worth the headaches? Mabye if some of that ultra-pricey Viki merch was available for free.

Wikipedia defines “sweat equity” as: " . . . a non-monetary benefit that a company’s stakeholders give in labor and time, rather than a monetary contribution, that benefit the company. Sweat equity is rewarded in the form of sweat equity shares. These are shares given out by a company in exchange for labor and time rather than a monetary amount."

Obviously no segmenter or subber or even volunteer help-desker would ever get shares in Rakuten Viki, but an appropriate amount of expensive merch on a regular basis would be pretty cool.

Ah, but (as Viki dramas show) chaebols generally cannot think outside their own little economic boxes. And those who can leave to start their own companies and make billions of won by giving a beep about the average consumer, looking super-hot in the process.

(Viki screen cap)

7 Likes

This drama has the BEST cliffhangers ever!

I met a NEW PSYCHO GORGEOUS HOTTIE!!! He is added to my OFFICIAL POSSE

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

4 Likes

I am trying this short one with music 12 eps only

Japanese film week

1 Like

:heart_eyes: and we continue with

I started watching now.“it got me”… I didn’t expect to like this kind of series…

2 Likes

I was recently recruited to actually do some volunteer work for Viki, so my drama-watching time has been more limited. Nevertheless, I have been working my way through this when I get a chance:

Given that the entire basis of this plot is multiple parties scheming against each other, paired with the fact that I really do not usually enjoy such scheming, it is surprising how much I am actually enjoying this. They managed to include all this plotting in a way that keeps me wondering and wanting to see what will happen next rather than skipping through to the outcome. It’s probably because I really like so many of the main characters - even the ones with questionable loyalty (whose side are they really on?). It’s been sort of a slow go, but I’m nearing the end.

4 Likes

Okay, don’t laugh but I’m finally making a concerted effort to finish up City Hunter after starting it nearly a year ago. Without a doubt, Lee Minho is eye candy but, in MHO his acting skills are meh in this one. Granted, he was only 23 or 24 when this was filmed. I have always liked Park Min-young. Her eyes are very expressive in this series.

(Amazon.com)

6 Likes

alchemy of souls, love like the galaxy, a dream of splendor, webtoon, that cafe Minamdang, is getting better, extraordinary Attorney Woo, finishing up a business proposal, so much like hello Mr. Gu.Poong the Joseon psychiatrist, a female student arrives at the imperial college, then almost like in a class of her own. I also am finishing up some of these, then I will add more later

and I really didn’t like the ending as well, one thing I would like to find out, and we have it mentioned in different dramas, an eunuch uprising??

1 Like

I didn’t find a short drama that picked my interest, so I went to my incomplete list of plan to watch …

I thought I would give up midway or so, but I watched it completely. I kind of really enjoyed it, it is different … (For those who do not like some things like, well I am not really a fan of it, but can ignore it - farting and swearing is present in this drama more often) I liked the characters and the pairings (minus one), I also have to acknowledge that I have a weakness for dramas about writers, writing in general and story telling … So it may not come as a surprise.

4 Likes

I just finished Dear Adam, a thought-provoking Taiwanese show. Currently, I am watching Ever Night which has stunning cinematography and interesting story. I also watch Immortal Samsara and Love like the Galaxy.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning it.:grinning:
We enjoyed watching it .
Along with “Reply 1988” and “Fight for My Way”, “Melo Is My Nature” is a good, current movie, without princes, Cinderellas, chaebols, just ordinary people
“Melo Is My Nature” (Be Melodramatic / Melo Suits Me) is an unpretentious series, nothing spectacular, but not monotonous, topical. The series has good lines and brings to the fore the true friendship, forms of love,growing up …
:hugs:

4 Likes

A mature film, with a historical theme, well structured and directed,thanks for mentioning it :clap:
It’s one of the movies that stays in my memory for a long time, along with

6 Likes