What are you currently watching?

Last night’s episode was good!

1 Like

And funny too with the mom. I think we will have something more in the next episode :smirk: they are like so cuteee

General’s Lady! I should finish that one. I started it and really enjoyed it until I got stuck around episode 20 or so - I found the military/leads’ romance drama much more interesting than the family marital problems and silk shop stuff back in the capital. (mild spoiler about general show trajectory)

I loved, LOVED the scene where the FL and ML finally meet. I think I watched it 3 times because it had me cringe-laughing so bad. And that actor–like most of the Chinese historical drama MLs lately, his eyebrow game is -on point-. And in general, I would not kick him out of bed for eating crackers.

3 Likes

:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart: I’m in heart jail so here is a heart

Yes the MOM!!! I love the young guy! So adorbs!

1 Like

OMG! I thought I was the only one who had ever heard that phrase here in the midwestern U.S. Hahahaha!

2 Likes

“Cringe-laughing”! Perfect way to describe it! I know I shouldn’t joke about stuff like this, but I really think I’m going to go bipolar watching General’s Lady… one minute I’m SO ANNOYED at the FL and want to slap some sense into her-- and the next minute I’m laughing like crazy and cheering her on whatever maniacal plan she’s hatching. It’s like a total guilty pleasure :sweat_smile:

Almost got stuck around Episode 15 because their lack of communication and her idiocy made me want to pull my hair out sometimes… it got better when they went to the capital. No more fighting against each other, instead they helped each other out.
Maybe I’ll watch Maiden Holmes next… people keep comparing it to this one and saying that one’s beter. Someone also very politely classsified it as:

guess I’m into trashy romances these days :woman_shrugging::joy:

1 Like

I just finished "Must You Go"
Short, Sweet, Some Plot Holes, but very satisfying ending!

What to watch next??? Well, I need to finish some that I started!!!

1 Like

don’t. it’s terribly, TERRIBLY boring after episode 20. It was tolerable till episode 20 but then it just gets worse and worse. I have no idea how it’s got a 9.5 rating. They just won’t stop repeating the same mistakes. Even the pretty dresses and cute romance can’t hold me anymore. The storyline is trash. The FL was funny at first, but the whole drama stopped being funny after a while. I think the writers stopped not taking the drama seriously. Everything was done in fun before, now it’s just serious nonsense. idk, the writers suddenly turned ML into a clingy idiot and FL started treating him like garbage.
I’m ready to throw my laptop :sob: WHO gave it an 8.2 rating on MDL and called it “delightful”??!! I wouldn’t give it more than a 7.

Could anyone recommend a good chinese historical arranged marriage drama that isn’t frustratingly irritating? I kinda liked the trope but these writers are annoying me.

2 Likes

It might not be totally free of annoying writers decisions, but that might result from our cultural background.

It’s kind of what you might be looking for, but you might have watched it already:

If you can avoid the synopsis - if not try to erase the thought that the female lead should be 15 years the actress is 40, so in my mind she is around 30 and most of the time she acts like that too. Unfortunately it doesn’t help that some characters at the end go berserk, but it helps the lead couple to have more children LOL We are not Chinese and might not be too comfortable about that.

It was probably the most enjoyable watch of a Chinese historical-fantasy drama, so maybe you want to try this one.

This has a bit more serious touch to it, but if you can’t handle the concubine stuff, you shouldn’t watch it.

4 Likes

I might cue this up - very short 10 Eps! I am all about finishing stuff lately

1 Like

I’m really, really forgiving when it comes to dramas. I understand the backdrop and culture and I’m Asian so our cultures are not all that different. I just can’t stand it when there is zero character development and the FL keeps throwing tantrums for no reason in front of dignified people. Also, I hate it when the ML is just an accessory and “girl power” is equated to kicking him around for no real reason. A little bit of balance in the relationship is all I’m asking.
As always, thanks for the reccs! :smile:

2 Likes

Did you watch Mad for each other?

2 Likes

@vivi_1485 you should watch The sword and the brocade!

1 Like

nope I’ll look for it

I had asked about this while the show was still on-air… I was kinda bothered about all those concubines and stuff… do they even get a proper happy ending? I get a little annoyed when there’s no satisfying ending after wasting 30+ hours

1 Like

WATCHING CURRENTLY ‘YOU ARE MY HERO’. A greatest recommendation from my side. If you have watched the KDRAMA DOTS(Descendants of the Sun) then watch this. It is a CDRAMA, which has the 98% same theme as of DOTS.

Really loved it, currently at the penultimate stage. !!!
GREATEST RECOMMEDATION FROM MY SIDE !!!

2 Likes

Love scenery!!! I’m loving it!

If you want to know more … They do get a happy ending, there is some stuff with the concubines and it kind of gets resolved like you would probably wish, 'cause the ML is kind of becoming a one woman man. He kind of didn’t want all those concubines in the first place, but well at the end when he marries the younger sister of his then deceased wife, he finally regards them as “humans” you could say and takes responsibility instead of keep them hanging on. I don’t know if this is too much information now, but well there is still a lot of the story to discover.

2 Likes

The story is kind of complicated sometimes, but I was more than happy with the end!!
I love it!

1 Like

I finished “Legend of Fei” yesterday and started with “Bossam” …
Frightening how cold fathers, their children jump over a blade :pensive:

1 Like