What are you currently watching?

I thought I was in your thread lol. I’m still watching I HEAR YOUR VOICE episode 14 already. I feel like I never watched this drama before bc it was 8 years ago. I checked LOVE IS PHANTOM halfway first episode I knew ''I couldn’t swallow the guy. I hate those types of roles in men.

Aw, he has become so sweet - but everyone likes different types! I like him and the series! My 1st Japanese Actor crush!

Do check out My Little Happiness I think you might like it

I watched the movie because EXO’s Chanyeol was the ML… I wasn’t able to finish it :grimacing: It wasn’t very good.

You didn’t read the book? I didn’t like the movies… Bella was wayyyy to weak and annoying in that one, with only one expression on her face.
The books were wayyyy better. The second book hardly had Edward in it and it almost drove me crazy reading about her and Jacob for hundreds of pages :sweat_smile::grimacing: I liked the Edward-Bella chemistry more. Jacob was way younger than Bella and acts like it, too. It felt like Bella treated him like a younger brother, too.

One more reason I liked the Bella-Edward pairing. I loved her interactions with Edward’s siblings, especially Alice. They all became one huge family and it was so cute. The wolf pack was also nice, but they were more like hotheaded adolescent boys than a family.

2 Likes

Actually, it happens with a lot of books. The only movie that I enjoyed as much as the book was Pride and Prejudice.

1 Like

Ahh I haven’t watched that one :sweat_smile: In general, the books are always better. My friends and I would watch the movies just to make fun of them :joy: I found only two movie-series as good as the books and those were the Divergent Series and the Hunger Games. The Hunger Games, in particular, stuck PERFECTLY to the storyline. No deviations, only a few things deleted because of time constraints. It was like watching the characters come to life. I’d say both Divergent and the Hunger Games made me feel like I’m actually watching the book characters come alive and do their thing.

I just forgot that one, but I have to say that the Lord of the rings is pretty good too.

2 Likes

It was part of my early adolescent stage in life so I can’t reject the series :joy: I was totally in LOVE with the vampires and couldn’t get enough of the series. My friends and I would swoon and re-read and fangirl so much :sweat_smile: Of course, there were lots of Team Jacob girls and we’d argue like our lives were at stake.

1 Like

Oh that’s bad, but yes, in that case the book was too way better than the movie.

1 Like

Imitation, The Penthouse 3 and At a Distance, Spring is Green!

1 Like
3 Likes

Found this gem. The scenery wow I miss those type of dramas

AM I HAPPY finally kingdom part 3 coming July 23,2021. See trailer. wish it was here too

3 Likes

Just finished forcing myself to complete this one:

I’m glad I watched the last episode. There was a cameo of the FL from that other mess of a drama, Love in Time, and I nearly died laughing because she’s introduced as the wife of the main couple’s butler. That actor was the same guy who acted as her boss in Love in Time. Guess she left Lu Boyan for that guy :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

BECAUSE DOOM has CRUSHED my SOUL
I watched this last night - light and not too hard to deal with thank goodness…

Now watching this hilarious not too serious Taiwanese drama - but the guy’s dimples!!!

falling into your smile. Anyone see this yet?

This is the one I watched, LOL, almost mixed it up.

Just watched

and now started

3 Likes

How was Hello Mr. Gu? Is it worth watching? Isn’t it rated higher than PFAEML?

1 Like

I don’t look at the ratings, so I don’t recall, if it is rated higher. There is pretty much fluff in it, doesn’t mean there is one point, which will never make sense to me and I always wonder why writers would use this kind of way for “suspense”, for me this point was plain annoying, but it had less screen time and only in the last episodes it was more present.
What am I talking about, when I mean “suspense” and using it the wrong way - details: The 2nd FL, who indeed has not as much time on screen like the actual couple. Once again making a clever woman into a brain-dead chicken out of love. She has worked for the ML for 4 years. Okay she fell in love with him at first side, but after all these times she is ruining a long term project of him, just so he will turn to her, looking for help getting the company back up. That just doesn’t make any sense at all. As she is not only risking the project, but the company, that is a huge flaw in the story, but well often used and doesn’t do the character any justice. It doesn’t help that the ML aka her boss, seems to trust her and turning a blind eye on her actions. As I said this is slowly coming up and bursting in the last 3 episodes, so something one should be able to handle in exchange for a happy end.

All in all it was an easy watch for me, and somehow I couldn’t be too mad at the ML for too long. I don’t know what it is, maybe you will find out. Hopefully no one will be throwing stones at me, when I say this actor is giving me some Lee Min Ho vibes …

1 Like

Just finished this one:

It’s exactly what the summary says… a sweet, lying FL who fakes being pregnant with the general’s child to save her own life. And the general plays along so he won’t have to marry the women arranged for him. What I liked was that she comes clean about her lies in the first ten episodes, so we don’t have crazy separations and misunderstandings between the leads. It’s one of the best brainless-fluff historical cdramas I’ve watched in a while. The ML is ADORABLE, the way he looks at FL is so sweet!
Of course, it drags here and there and there are plot-holes, but overall pretty good with the happiest happy ending ever :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: we get to see lots and lots of babies and lots and lots of couples​:joy::joy: That cute emperor from Imperial Coroner is the ML’s Little Uncle.
Other plus points: THE ML’S FAMILY. I have never seen such a loving bunch of clowns as a noble family before. The parents are sensible, the dad is a jolly, smart guy. The mother accepts FL as her own daughter. The parents love each other, too. The brothers fight at first but end up having a very good family bond. Everyone gets the ending they deserve. The wingmen were WONDERFUL. Both leads’ comedic timing was on point.

3 Likes

Caught up with “My Roommate is a Gumiho,” so I’ve been watching “My Little Happiness” after seeing it recommended here. At the halfway point now, I feel like I pretty much know how it’s going to play out, but despite being predictable it’s still been fun to watch. Nothing too emotionally devastating or requiring too much close attention, which makes it good to have on while doing housework/cooking/laundry folding.

Just saw a Viki promo for “Be Together” and added it to my queue because it stars Zhang Bin Bin (aka to me, KO in Love O2O).

But now I’m getting distracted by all the ones mentioned above and having drama FOMO!

5 Likes

Yes, My Little Happiness is basically just a ball of fluff. It doesn’t take much thinking and has verrry little angst. I used to skip even kiss scenes when I wasn’t really in the mood because nothing much really happened once they got together.
If you just need a shot of happiness with no side effects, this is the drama to go to.

3 Likes