What are you currently watching?

started this one:

I like the dance breaks, they’re funny :joy::joy: I’ve memorized almost the entire choreography after three episodes. I like the ML’s facial expressions, especially the way he raises his eyebrows all the time :sweat_smile:
But I’m dropping it. My tolerance for idiocy is pretty high, but this FL just went overboard being selfish. I really don’t like it when a FL just breaks all rank and respect with ML in authority just because he likes her and tolerates it. It was okay for a while, but then it got serious and I couldn’t enjoy it. The ML treats her like a friend at first but she treats him like an enemy even though there’s hardly any reason to, so he tries to cover his concern and liking for her by acting bossy and that just makes things worse. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Just finished Doom.
Now watching At a Distance spring is green.
I want to watch falling into your smile. Has anyone seen it?
Tina

4 Likes

No, watching …

After it was mentioned by so many, and it is quite good so far.

5 Likes

Right now I’m watching “Falling Into Your Smile” as it is coming out. I can only do this with non-violent shows. Otherwise, I have to wait until they are all uploaded because I can’t stand all the cliff-hangers, with people under the ax or sword. UGH! So far, this show is as fun to watch as Go Go Squid and Love O2O were. I am loving it.

4 Likes

It’s on my radar, haven’t watched it yet. I saw it compared with Go Go Squid and King’s Avatar. I loved Go Go Squid but got bored with KA and never finished it, so I’m curious whether this will be good.

So far I’m enjoying “Be Together,” but they need to make the ML’s (Zhang Bin Bin as overbearing CEO)
character better soon. I do not find workplace harassment charming just because the harasser is attractive.

4 Likes

Go Go Squid was really good but right now I’m watching my princess , flower boy next door and My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho. Be together looks really interesting , I am definitely watching that next lol. And I have watched falling into your smile :star_struck:.

2 Likes

Just saw the YouTube trailer for Seobok. Clearly, the excitement of the movie comes from good actors playing characters facing extraordinary challenges. The story is OF COURSE not going to be as complicated as a 119-episode family drama, but the trailer I saw was very powerful and moving.

And I did not realize Park Bogum had it in him to be such an amazing actor.

4 Likes

I have always loved him - Since Encounter! He gives you ALL the feels!

1 Like

@entwyfhasbeenfound

Yes, Park Bo Gum exceeds all our expectation bc he did a fantastic job in this movie. Gong Yoo, is awesome too, and he happens to be one of my favorite male actor since 2012. The special effects in that movie are astounding and I really hope you get to see it soon.

1 Like

I’m watching Falling Into Your Smile and loving it. I even enjoy watching it before it gets subtitles and I like finding out how much I can understand now without them. I’m learning a lot of phrases.

3 Likes

If you get the chance to watch Seobok, please do. Gong Yoo is so good as is Park Bo Gum. They made a great team. The ending is agonizingly sad though so have tissues handy.

3 Likes

Very excited to see that Monthly Magazine Home is now up with three episodes. It looks to be an interesting combo of the “whistleblower” drama (Banker last year was a great example of that) and the “rom-com” drama AND the “chaebol” drama.

The FL caught my attention in My Father is Strange, warmed my heart in Because This is My First Life, and had me constantly in tears in Fix You. She’s not just a pretty face. When it comes to acting, she is The. Real. Deal.

And as usual, subbers are getting it done like crazy!

3 Likes

started watching Ashes of Love… and the TCs have me in STITCHES :joy: everyone comparing everything to Barbie and Kung Fu Panda :joy: I really love other people’s senses of humour!

Also, the fantastical CGI is so wonderful! I’m used to terrible c-drama CGI so I never complain or care anymore, but this one’s CGI world is so fascinating! It’s so bright and pretty (well, Barbie-like but nevermind :joy:)

5 Likes

Oh, but I beg to differ! The CGI in Ice Fantasy was, I thought, exceptional. That was a riveting drama and led me in search of more Feng Shao Feng. I think he is an amazing actor.

Too, too bad that “the netizens” won’t leave him alone either.

As a Chinese citizen eager to have the world think well of the land that has shaped his heart and mind, he (and several other prominent actors and actresses) have borne a heavy burden of trying to get people to look with love at an ancient and beautiful culture. They have not emigrated to a less problematic environment. They love China, period.

But are their fans grateful? Never, apparently.

I feel so sorry for Feng Shao Feng and the other “spokespersons” for China. Whatever they do to show their homeland in a good light, there is ALWAYS someone eager to complain that “oh, you’re not doing it right!”

4 Likes

finishing re-watching maiden holmes, and dr cutie

2 Likes

Glad you are enjoying it. I fell for Deng Lun while watching this drama. He is just so adorable!!!

1 Like

I loved Dr. Cutie!!!

2 Likes

This is good one. Violent and based on a real life story. Rental only.

HE HAS AN AURA, A PRESENCE. He lights up the screen every time he comes in :heart_eyes: He bewitched me in two hours imagine that :joy:

1 Like

I have to agree. I fell for him before they left the floral realm. That scene just when he transformed nearly killed me. Jin mi grows and changes all through this so much. Such a huge transformation. It is really wonderful to watch and that actress is also wonderful in Go Go Squid. Which is a good one to watch as a follow-up to recover.

1 Like