What are you currently watching?

I wish I could watch Police University, but it will have to be a ‘wait until later’.

If you have multiple on-air shows, it’s always nice if they actually drop new eps on different days. That was the only way I got through some on-air shows a while ago - I had three different ones at the same time but that basically covered all the days of the week, so I wasn’t sitting around waiting impatiently for just one.

2 Likes

I always find myself in a mess every time I watch On-Air dramas :joy::joy: I end up piling everything one on top of the other.

I watched She is the One, Youth of May and Octogenarians at the same time when they were airing.

Currently, I’m watching three simultaneously… The Bond, Police University and My Love, Enlighten Me(not on-air) :flushed:
I’m glad The Bond releases two episodes every day and the team works at the speed of light! Sometimes I wonder what I’m going to do once it stops airing because I really love spending two hours in that nostalgic, slice-of-life family drama. Since we’re watching the characters grow up, I feel like they’re my own kids sometimes. I get soooo frustrated when they make the wrong decisions and cry, laugh and scream with them.

1 Like

Goodness, you’re a busy girl, and you do all that on top of all your real-life stuff. I’m impressed!

I have a very real ‘problem’ of getting overly invested in fictional characters. I’ve done it all my life. It’s a double-edged sword - on the one hand it allows me to get really immersed in what I’m reading or watching, but then, like you said, I ‘feel’ everything they do, too.

1 Like

I’ve learned to drop dramas when I know it’s getting too much… but I’m still learning :sweat_smile:

And that’s why sometimes second-hand embarrassment makes me unable to watch some shows :see_no_evil::see_no_evil:

1 Like

Just finished:

• Mysterious Love (I’m not so happy with the end but it was a good show)
  • Hello Mr Gu (I saw a lot of bad comments about this show but I have to say that I really like it. They took a really long time to start the romance in comparison with other shows but it was good)
  • May December Couple (I had this show on my list for a while and I decide to watch it, it was really good, I enjoyed it a lot!!)

Currently watching:

• The rational life (I can’t say a lot of things about this since I’m only in the 5th episode)
  • 18 Again (I heard a lot of good comments about this show, let’s see)
5 Likes

I did complete You Are My Spring and I think you should be able to get through it if you are so inclined. I know you are sensitive to abusive situations and I must warn you, there is some child abuse in this. But I think the writer did that to help the audience understand where the plot of the show is going and why the characters have the issues they have.
Frankly, I was a little disappointed in the ending because it reminded me of the way DOOM ended; they wrapped all the plotlines up but it seemed very anticlimactic to me. I don’t believe I’d watch it again although I don’t regret taking the time to watch it.

2 Likes

Thank you for that info. I will definitely get around to watching it.

Does anyone watch specific dramas at specific times of day? For example, You Are My Spring seems like one that I would save for watching during the light of day as opposed to in the dark of night. It’s like the literal light and dark of the day can influence how much I am affected by the drama I’m watching.

Speaking of some difficult topics to watch, I watched the first episode of D.P. on Ntflx, and oh my goodness that is a rough one. It’s well done, very movie-esque in cinematography quality, but it’s heavy subject matter.

3 Likes

I don’t have the luxury to choose :joy::joy:

Since you said it’s good, I’ll give it a try I wanted to watch while it was airing but I saw a lot of bad comments so I dropped it.

Also wanted to watch May December Couple, but I wanted to ask about the age-gap. How is it handled? Is it very obvious? I don’t really like age-gaps after watching some noona romances…

Hope you like 18 Again, it’s one of my favorite shows!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Speaking for myself, I am currently working full-time outside the home so my only option during the week is to watch after I get home at 5 pm. Weekends are a free-for-all though. :wink:

1 Like

I just finished a few shows.

8 episode Must You Go. - Time traveling romance off of a webtoon.

Prodigy Healer - It’s so CUTE! Only on EP 4 so far.

I am waiting for Lovers of the Red Sky to drop today! Not sure what time it will premiere though.

Rooftop Prince had a good ending.

Mirror of the Witch is one I want to re-watch.

It took me a while to get through A Girl Like Me but it was a good show.

2 Likes

Is it good? I have it on my list!

I didn’t hear about this one, sounds good!

1 Like

Haha, this is nicely put - between the last third shortly before the end, why was there no hole for the second leads to jump in?

1 Like

Just finished Black last night. This is an 18 episode NF offering. Wow! This show was deep! You really have to pay attention to what is going on. I really enjoyed it but must tell you that eps 17 and 18 were heartbreaking. This story had a ton of twists and turns but in the end, it was all about how the ML and FL changed to become better people through the run of the series. I would recommend watching although there are some suicides/attempted suicides in this series so be forewarned.

3 Likes

I liked it. I think they did a good job in each 20 minute episode. Good story arc. Nice finish. Loose ends tied up.

1 Like

I’m going to watch it then.

It was the same for me but I enjoyed it. I’m a little bit like Mr. Gu (I mean about TOC) so I feel like OMG thats bad!!! Let me know what you think about it hahaha.

Kind of, but in a funny way, like the real things that could happen in that situation but I really enjoyed it, and I have to tell that I don’t like a lot of Japanese dramas.

Oh that sounds good!

1 Like

Not really haha, whenever I have the time!

2 Likes

I do not watch horror at night. :scream: I don’t really like horror anyway but when I do watch one, I only watch them in broad daylight. :sunny: So Train to Busan was a noon show for me. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I don’t have that problem hahaha, I watch any kind of show at any time hahaha
It was so funny with Sell your Haunted House with some specific kind of spirit, I was watching the comments of people that seems scared about that and I didn’t have that problem.

1 Like

Oh, sell your haunted house was not really scary. It’s stuff like Saw, Chainsaw massacre, and gory horror that I do not like. And I don’t like zombie movies - the only reason I watched Train to Busan was Gong Yoo. It was very well done and Korean Zombies are scary and FAST creatures! YIKES! :scream:

1 Like