What are you currently watching?

Imperial Coroner :blush:

6 Likes

beautiful story,

2 Likes

Just finished: Imitation
Love it, love it, love it!!!

2 Likes

I highly recommend this drama (2018) It has a combination of older cast and young idols (EXO). The story is so totally different. Now I’m going to watch CINDERELLA on PRIME. I heard is really good!!!

4 Likes

ML is so darned cute. Bonus-only 16 episodes! That’s one of the reasons I began watching it. It’s been pretty good so far at 12 eps in.

6 Likes

I really liked that one. Have you stayed tuned for the BTS footage at the end of each episode? He’s even cuter in those. He has a lot of charisma.

Yes, I’ve been enjoying the blooper outtakes. He is quite a character!

1 Like

I’m loving 18 Again, they are such a cute family!!!
I want to share this scene, I can’t believe that he draw mustaches on them hahaha
screencapture-viki-videos-1175395v-2021-09-09-12_36_07

5 Likes

He doesn’t know what whiskers look like hahaha

2 Likes

But you know what, that’s “normal” in men hahaha
I experienced with my nephews and nieces hahaha

2 Likes

Guys do that. My hubby made bear ears hair ties on his niece’s head then took his sister’s lipstick and drew huge red cheek circles on her all because dear niece begged him to fix her up. Sister-in-law was not amused with the use of her lipstick. :rofl:

4 Likes

I just finished watching The Flaming Heart - a story about the combined efforts of a firefighting squad and the medics that work with them in the field. At the very end, they get one last emergency call, so it shows the slow motion of everyone climbing into their emergency vehicles and racing off to the location. We hear sirens and see everyone’s intent faces, but the funny part was that there are actual subtitles that say “beewoo, beewoo” for the siren noise, and “beep, beep”, and “stares intently at each other’s eyes”. It really gave me a chuckle.

2 Likes

I LOVE this dramaaaaa!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I laughed so much at the whiskers and then began to weep over the umbrella monologue :sweat_smile:

:joy::joy: that’s so funny! It’s even funnier when I realize someone segmented the sirens and someone else subtitled it :joy::joy: There used to be a subber at dramacool who added her own little comments in the subtitles… she used to make me laugh a lot.

4 Likes

Just finished my beloved family drama. What am I going to do without two episodes of this beautiful, flawed, united, loyal, loving, broken, strong family every day? :sob::sob:
https://www.viki.com/tv/38085c-the-bond

I think this is the first real family drama I’ve watched. It really hit straight and hard at my fantasies of a perfect life. It shook me up. I had to learn to accept characters with all their flaws and imperfections without judging them for being human. The character development and level of complexity is rare, real and soooo detailed. I loved the subtle transition from the poverty of the 80’s all the way to 2010. The aging of the characters were done very thoughtfully. Huge respect to the writers and actors for being so natural while portraying these complex characters. Some scenes were so full of raw emotional intensity; I was blown away by the screenplay and the way the actors pulled them off so realistically. I wonder whether I would have stuck through the emotionally exhausting episodes without all the discussing and ranting I did on MDL. Watching these babies grow up, reach adulthood, fail, succeed, find love, and have children of their own was a whole journey I can’t regret.

6 Likes

I came here wondering whether anyone else was enjoying Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha as much as I was. It reminds me a little bit of the beginning part of CLOY, with the snobby FL as a fish out of water learning to enjoy a less materialistic life with the ML who is curiously single despite being smoking hot and hardworking and good at emotional labor. Loving it so far, excited about another 2 episodes this weekend!

I also started watching “You Raise Me Up” a few days ago, and then the two episodes disappeared from viki. Not sure what was going on with that, but I’m not sure about that one… It feels very weird that I might be too prudish for a k-drama! I think I would have an easier time with this one if it were Swedish or Dutch or something. Can’t explain why, it’s just so far from most Korean shows I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha is very enjoyable till now and still some unanswered questions that I hope they’ll get to very soon :smile:

2 Likes

Loving this one too. Looking forward to this weekend’s episodes.

I saw a preview for ‘You Raise Me Up’ and was fairly shocked by the subject matter and the innuendo between that and the drama’s title. It was certainly unexpected from a Kdrama. I’m still hoping good things, though, because it’s Yoon Shi Yoon after all. We’ll see.

I just finished watching this short drama. It was better than I expected, with little bite-sized morsels of cute and funny.

3 Likes

You’re right. Very similar. I love CLOY and still couldn’t get enough of it and the OTP. :heart_eyes:

Can’t wait to “cha cha cha” this weekend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But they are still available elsewhere. I think I will start watching it soon since it appears to be quite controversial to some here.

Why do you find it “weird”? No doubt there are several k-dramas that seem to try to push the envelope further. I hope this is done in a good way. I love YSY too :hugs:

2 Likes

Indeed. So many questions to be answered. I’m game to be dragged on by this OTP (and writer). So natural and so adorable. The little seaside town and its folks there are so refreshingly heartwarming.

For once, I did not mind the k-trope of “childhood encounter” hehe. :sunglasses::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Shocked? I really have to start watching it ASAP. :sunglasses::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes