What are you currently watching?

I’m looking at starting this one!

I love that one!!
It’s one of my favourites!! BTW. It was my firs K-drama

1 Like

j’ai aussi regardé une tres belle histoire captivante et une bonne alchimie entre les pesonnages

1 Like

Because I’m a decade behind everyone (JK, but it seems like it), I’m at ep 10 on this one. It’s okay but I wouldn’t walk to Chicago to watch it again. LOL!

1 Like

I somehow started this very cute anime called Hataraku Saibo/Cells At Work. It’s all about our Immune System and it’s battles to keep us healthy. I didn’t think I’d enjoy it so much! :sweat_smile: The medical information is quite accurate. Everything is true except the fact that our main protagonists, a neutrophil and a red blood cell, never age or die :joy: And we can’t have it any other way, so I forgive them!
I really can’t believe how much I’m shipping two blood cells :see_no_evil: They’re your typical awkward, dorky, heroic tsundere ML and clumsy, lively, innocent FL.
2021-09-15%20(11)

3 Likes

I just started:

Waiting for:

I don’t know why but I’m struggling with:

I’m trying to finish it, but it doesn’t get me into the story

1 Like

Your description alone has me shipping them. What a unique concept.

2 Likes

Why does that post in Spanish? :woman_shrugging:t4:

Anyway, this is one of those popular, highly-rated dramas that I figured I would never watch simply because I’m not really a fan of either lead. However, I’m a fan of the genre, and after watching another drama of a similar type that was fairly terrible, I decided I’d give this a go just to get that bad taste out of my mouth, so to speak, since I knew the production value of this one would far exceed the other.

I never would have expected that two lead actors that I am ambivalent toward, at best, could hook me into their story almost immediately. It’s mostly thanks to a ML character who is a straight up master flirt and doesn’t apologize for it, but without being a jerk. Oh how I wish we had more characters like this in dramas. The drama-trained cynic in me, though, tells me that if things were so smooth sailing and flirty from the get-go, this couple will most likely be put through the ringer, so we’ll see if I can hang on for the ride.

5 Likes

My fav - the flirts - the master flirts like My Secret Romance - I wish I could like DOTS - maybe you can convince me eventually.

1 Like

Strangely, I’ve read so many things about how people loved the second couple, but I was immediately put off by the actress who is the SFL. I couldn’t figure out why. I looked her up and realized she is the one who did our Wookie wrong in Lovestruck in the City.

2 Likes

I hated Fight My Way and I won’t watch Lovestruck cuz I don’t like her - same as the FL in DOTS I don’t like her - why does that put me off so much??

2 Likes

This is exactly why I fell head over heels for Captain Yoo Si Jin :joy::joy: I LOVED him. LOVED him. SO MUCH that anything that irritated me went right over my head. And not many things irritated me.

The good thing is, they don’t have much cliche angst. No love triangles. No unnecessary breakups and fights. They flirt a lot, but notice that neither wants to commit. The entire drama has them understanding each others’ careers and choosing whether or not to stay with the other. I thought that was quite mature and realistic of them, because you have to be aware of the troubles that come with “having the country as your mother-in-law,” no matter how handsome or good the ML is.
The comedy, IMO, is top-tier. It was very well done.

I’ve avoided watching Lovestruck in the City, anything with the FL actress in it and even Vincenzo. I love the characters for who they are in DOTS. I can’t take them as anything other than their DOTS characters. The end.

2 Likes

Some day - save it for Some day - a long while from now! So good but so DARK

2 Likes

I get you, my twin. I get you so much. This is why I have not watched Junho in anything else yet after seeing him in JBL. I just can’t.

I can’t tell you how much I love to hear that. I really like that their relationship challenge is all about them figuring out if and how they can be together instead of fighting off darts thrown from outsiders. I find it very realistic and believable that she is struggling to figure out if she can accept the challenges that come with his job. And I would hate if they had other angst to deal with on top of that.

I forgot to mention how much I am loving his character, too. So much more than I ever could have imagined I would. Gods of Kdramas, please let us have more like him in the future!

1 Like

I can’t watch Hyung Sikkie and like him except in High Society! I only know Junho in WOK so far so I’m in love with his chef character - hahahahaha! See what we do to ourselves -

2 Likes

I can’t believe how much I’m enjoying it! They even snuck in a childhood-savior trope! :rofl::rofl:
2021-09-16%20(2)

3 Likes

Awww, that’s sweet. The bottom screenshot is so pretty and precious.

1 Like

I saw one flaw in my :100: Days My Prince - D.O.zie Lovefest 2021

He promised her that he would replace the cherry blossom shoes with plum blossoms - when she was searching for his books - I thought the shoes were going to be there! That was a missed opportunity on the writer’s part. Dang and it could have been perfect.

1 Like

I just finished watching a beautiful Korean movie called “A Melody to Remember”. I highly recommend it but make sure to have a box of tissues ready because it is a tearjerker. It will definitely go into my collection. @angelight313_168, @vivi_1485, @kdrama2020ali

6 Likes

Oh, it’s out? It’s at the top of my watchlist! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I LOVED the trailer, such a wonderful concept!

1 Like