What are you currently watching?

@choitrio

[A Melody to Remember] has been very painful to watch from the beginning; so I have to take breaks to continue watching bc when it comes to kids, and seeing them suffer, I have very little tolerance, and I end up getting very depressed.

PS. I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish the movie.

1 Like

I’ve finished Squid Game, started because of Lee Jung-jae and finished quickly bc it was really exciting. Interesting cast, btw., especially one cameo.

Now I want to continue Alice in Borderland, which I put away after ep 1. But there are also some on going series.

1 Like

Yes, there’s quite a bit of sadness with the children’s hard lives, but it ends very beautifully. Have you reached the part where they sing together as a choir? They’re amazing.

2 Likes

I am not really watching what I want, but whatever comes my way …
Why? I do not really know.

I have just finished this one forgot to post it I think

Something nice, something ugly, like so often with a 45 ep C-drama, when more than half is through I get annoyed or tired and this one tired me out with all the fighting and revenge and … Well, the last ep broke my heart and yes and no, so it doesn’t have a perfect ending for everyone.

3 Likes

I put all my dramas on hold because I got too caught up watching the variety show Going Seventeen. I’ve been literally rolling in the floor laughing as tears stream down my face because I can’t handle how funny they are. I’m also taking notes because they have a lot of creative games.

1 Like

I started this one a bit ago and just could not get into it. I couldn’t watch more than 10 minutes at a time before getting bored and wondering where the plot was going or even if there was a plot. So despite the fact that the cast is full of actors I really like, this one almost lost me. I persisted, though, just for those actors, and to my surprise, after clawing through the first 5 or 6 episodes bit by bit, I realized I was eventually binging more than one episode at a time. I still wouldn’t call it stellar, but at least the plot started to materialize, and I finally started to invest in the characters as their places within the story took shape. Given the number of eps, I feel like the potential for more drag exists, but for now I am finally enjoying it.

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly, but since I have so many others I want to watch … It is one that is in the back, far in the back … Well, one day …

For the time being, I watch this one. Took me 2 for some character 3 eps to get into it. Like it so far.

4 Likes

@angelight313_168, as I warned you, “A Melody to Remember” is heart wrenching, but beautiful movie. I was glad that the movie opened eyes of many about the war orphans. After the devastation of Japanese occupation and Korean War, Korea was left with many orphans. Many of these orphans ended up getting adopted by Americans. Shamefully, at one point, adoption was dubbed Korea’s number one export. In the late 80s, I used to work as a service representative/interpreter for Northwest Airlines and part of my job was to help HOLT adoption agency with immigration/customs clearance. Most of the adoptees were infants but there were a few rare toddlers or young kids who got emotionally attached to me while helping them through the immigration process and it was heart wrenching to part with them.

4 Likes

I might start this one soon! :heart:

2 Likes

Another good k-movie.

1 Like

Ok Fellow Drama People - Help me! I’m in D.O. Drama sadness after :100: Days

Are any of these a good substitute that I
might like?

Crowned Clown
Moon Embracing the Sun
Queen 7 Days - isn’t that SAD
My Mister
Live Up to Your Name
The King In Love
My Sassy Girl

Any ideas to help me get out of my drama dulldrums?

2 Likes

Ohh! Just saw this! Park Seo Joon will be in Marvel Universe. He’s already left for the US. Details are still secret.

3 Likes

Met my quota of tearjerkers for the year.

1 Like

The only ones I’ve watched out of that list are ‘Live Up to Your Name’ and ‘My Sassy Girl’. I liked both. They are very different from each other - the first is more serious, the second is more playful - but I’m not sure either will fill a void left by :100:.

2 Likes

He’s in England! Actually someone saw and met him and ate dinner near him! She was so excited but very private and didn’t really tweet out pictures - how cool would that be?

1 Like

I am going to continue watching is just that there are days I’m too emotionally sensitive, and can’t tolerate watching scenes like the ones I saw with the kids in the well, the beating of the father and no one helping out, although the kids begged and cried :cry:. I just got to that part so far, and I just left it at that part to be continued later on…

1 Like

Don’t watch My Mister if you are looking for a lighthearted series. In one aspect, it showed the struggles that the young gal went through and how she was able to be a better person and have a better life but it also had many dark paths with the other characters.
Moon Embracing the Sun was good. As I recall, in the first or second episode they both fall into a pit and she convinces him to help her get out so she can get help. She doesn’t follow through and just leaves him there. Pretty funny stuff. (IMO).
Live Up to Your Name was also good. It’s about two medical practitioners, one an acupuncturist from far in the past and the other a conventional doctor from today. It did have a happy ending.
My Sassy Girl was okay. Not on par with 100 Days My Prince but it had some funny parts.
Geez, do I watch a lot of stuff or what???

1 Like

That’s on my watch list. Sad, huh? :sob:

1 Like

It was good but sad. It’s also a lot less wholesome than most things I’ve been watching.

1 Like

How about this one!? I like the idea that he is a “faux” king and he is playing 2 parts like Yoonie did in Your Honor

1 Like