What are you currently watching?

I am LOVING A Gentleman and a Young Lady. No wonder it has good ratings in Korea. It just feels so… comfortable :joy: The birth secrets and coincidences and convoluted plots and shocking revelations and other hidden secrets make me laugh so much and anticipate everything. I love predicting the next shocking revelation.

It’s a terrific soap :sweat_smile: It’s balanced very well. It’s just interesting enough to make me wait all week for it, but at the same time, I wouldn’t want to binge it in one sitting. There’s no overdrawn angst. Never thought I’d enjoy a weekend drama so much. There are things I don’t like but that’s only to be expected from dramas like this so I happily skip away and enjoy the juicy parts.

5 Likes

Currently watching:

So far it’s weird but good haha

1 Like

Love and Redemption
Overlord

3 Likes

so enjoy this. how they came together i cryed

2 Likes

The title makes me SO curious :joy::joy: I love my tropey CEO if he’s a decent human being(After several terrible experiences, I have learnt over time to add the “decent human being” clause :flushed:).

Edit: I just checked the drama and the “psycho” seems literal and not just figurative :grimacing::woozy_face: I’ll stick to Gentleman and Young Lady and then watch Hometown Cha3 after my exams get over. :sweat_smile: Hurrah for Gentleman and Young Lady! It achieved the highest ratings yet in its time slot(27.8%)! And another cheer for Hometown Cha3 that reached an all-time high of 11.8%! :partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

I’m watching that one too! Ep 6 appeared to only be 55% subbed though as some translation was there and some wasn’t so I’ll have to go back and rewatch that one sometime this week. Male lead is a HOTTIE!!

2 Likes

Oh… I was watching it without subs because I couldn’t wait and I understand almost everything, anyway :sweat_smile:

I learned about baby boxes from this drama :disappointed_relieved: I didn’t think they were actually real. I found out that they exist all over the world.

2 Likes

Sadly, I don’t know that much Korean yet. :wink:
Here in the U.S., we don’t have ‘baby boxes’ but a woman can leave her baby with hospital officials, etc. I remember seeing something on the show MASH (set in Korea) one time about surrendering a baby at a convent. They opened the door in the wall of the convent, put the baby inside, shut the door, and rang the bell to let the nuns know that a ‘deposit’ had been made. Obviously, it was all very anonymous.

2 Likes

Wikipedia says the US has about 74 baby hatches as of July 2021
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_hatch

Yes, the Korean article said that the pastor rubs off all fingerprints from the Baby Box so the parents are unidentifiable. And a bell goes off as soon as the hatch door is opened so that the pastor/counsellors can talk to the parents and try to convince them for some time. He said about 17 parents changed their minds.

3 Likes

Thanks for the research. There were so many cases of a parent killing/abandoning their unwanted newborn that officials started using this method. It has saved a lot of innocent children.

3 Likes

Exactly, I did a marathon yesterday but I have to say that it was good in the first episodes, kind of weird but good but it’s too much actually, I had the same feeling, I mean the title makes me curious but nahh haha

1 Like

Currently watching:

So far I’m in love with them

f59d0f7fd6065dae3e872d4596074300

tumblr_a6ed03920ef50d98dc705de126a1368e_2cdcc4bd_500

2 Likes

Another bromance k-drama with Kim Seon Ho and Jo Jung Suk.

Which show is that?

My country is very good show. I liked it.

2 Likes

It’s very sad when a new mom gives up her child. Usually they are teenaged girls or in an abusive relationship. A lot of teenagers somehow managed to hide their pregnancy and are afraid they will get beat up by their family once the child is born. Sometimes poverty is the reason but more likely it’s the first two reasons.

3 Likes

I am watching Dr Romantic season 2. Mainly for Ahn Hyo Seop. :sunglasses: It’s really good! Medical drama.

3 Likes

Loved both seasons 1 and 2.

3 Likes

Move to Heaven. Nice show, but not a very light watch because it revolves around death. Acting was top-notch, and you have to bear watching Je Hoonie being beaten up a LOT because he’s into the illegal boxing industry.

I loves S1 so much that I can’t get myself to watch S2. The main couple seems so much less mature and I don’t know if I can handle it. I also couldn’t stand the FL with her bad case of Entitled FL Syndrome… if you can’t stand the sight of blood and keep fainting in the OT, of COURSE someone is going to reprimand you! You’re a trainee surgeon! Her victim mindset drove me up the wall and I stopped watching after three or four eps.
The main leads in S1 had understandable problems. This FL’s problem and the way she was handling it just annoyed me.

3 Likes

I started watching Wookie in K2 with @kdrama2020ali today. Why, oh why must they film things that way? I hate that I have to cover my eyes during Wookie action scenes. Steadicam is our friend! I plan to power through for Wookie’s sake, nausea be D@&*ed.

4 Likes

Oh dear, I never thought about the way the scenes are filmed! The K2 is pretty good… some scenes were really epic. And it’s always fun to watch heroes beating up baddies :joy:

I really liked that ramyeon scene though :smile: The one where he’s watching her try to make ramyeon and yelling at her from behind the CCTV camera :joy: So ingeniously cute!

1 Like