What are you currently watching?

Especially if that hero happens to be Ji ChangWook!

3 Likes

I can sit in a trance all day watching Lee Joon Gi, Lee Je Hoon, or JCW beat up baddies :joy::joy: You have no idea how many times I’ve replayed some scenes! To have someone finally do what I feel like doing to some terribly annoying/evil characters is just so satisfying sometimes!

2 Likes

I stand here as a girl with vertigo in total understanding of why these scenes can be hard to watch but luckily so far my Wookie drool factor has not been bothered. He is BRILLIANT as an action star! So awesome! Love it! Sad he no longer does action.

Just Between Lovers is another @my_happy_place is watching with me! It will become one of my Top 5. Junho’s acting out of this sad capable squishy loving traumatized bad boy who eventually finds some light & peace - has me totally In LOVE. The cinematography is SO BRILLIANT also. Junho should get a bazillion applause and accolades for his portrayal of Kang Doo. A character who will live in my heart forever.:two_hearts:

3 Likes

I liked it too! Not a fan of how it ended though but they can’t all have happy endings, right? Mr. Sunshine ended kind of the same way.

2 Likes

Truly, it will be worth it if you can power through. This one does have a positive ending. This was the first Wookie series I watched and where I first fell in love with him. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I just started watching Shine or Go Mad last night mainly because it has one of my favorite actors as the ML - Jang Hyuk. I absolutely LOVE his laugh!! I also loved him in You Are My Destiny (also known as Fated to Love You) and My Country. So far, it’s been pretty good.
This guy:

(famous people)

Update: It was a good series but did not have what I would call a ‘standard happy ending’. The ending wasn’t sad but rather, more bittersweet. Yong-jun was his usual self with his raucous laughter.

3 Likes

The comments on MDL tell me it’s a throw-the-laptop ending… :flushed:

3 Likes

That’s not a first for his dramas, haha! I really like to watch Jang Hyuk, but I sometimes can’t end his dramas because I get too emotional. It happened at Slave Hunters (with Han Jung Soo, I cried a lot back then, the characters had to go through so much …), Robber - I don’t know how long it took for me to watch the last episode, but it needed some encouragement from someone else who watched it and years, at least 2, but that’s a guess could have been a bit shorter, but longer as well.

5 Likes

I do try to finish the shows I start but a couple - one I just got distracted by other shows but Rise of teh Phoenix’s I just could not stay with that show. I didn’t like the characters enough to stick with it and that was a backstabbing melodrama set back in 솓 ㅇ묜 조두 ㅣㅐㄴㄷㄱㄴ ㄹ (stupid keyboard goes on all by itself!) To continue!.. a backstabbing melodrama set back in is the days when you could get your head chopped off. :scream: :fearful: :innocent: I don’t know if I’ll ever finish that one. It was highly rated. I just could not like the characters for whatever reason. I may change my mind in a few years. I dunno.

3 Likes

Pinterest

I find Wookie to be so :fire: in K2 - I just can’t even!

4 Likes

I second that thought!

2 Likes

ohhhh this scene :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I remember replaying it SOOOOO many times! He looked so amazing and the editing was so good!

3 Likes

This was so GOOD - So GOOD

3 Likes

Although very disappointed for the continued use of the word [ANYWAYS] in the drama, I recommend bc is different. If you are squeamish about violence…don’t watch.

2 Likes

Just finished My Country :sob:
tumblr_5cd744e1382a5e85fd84ecf78db54f8d_937b395f_400
Tumgir

Currently watching:
Crush
crush%2014
ChineseDrama.info

https://mydramalist.com/63989-crush

4 Likes

Loved the ML and SML but hated the ending.

4 Likes

Is anybody watching The King’s Affection on that other large streaming service?

I watched the first two episodes over the last couple days and am loving it. The child actors are phenomenal, and the main cast (once they hit adulthood) seems great as well. I know it’s hardly the first or last gender bending Joseon drama, but so far it seems more believable than some of the others… I’m looking forward to the next episodes!

4 Likes

They’re having a WP for that on Discord every Tuesday at 10:30 PM EST

1 Like

I also watched the first couple episodes. I’m still sort of on the fence about the story, but it is filmed really beautifully, and the child actors were really great. I will continue to give it a shot, especially since we didn’t even meet the actual main characters until the very end of the last episode.

2 Likes

Really good movie

Fantastic! for older crowd based on true story

3 Likes