What are you currently watching?

Loved Mission Possible!! :heart_eyes: So funny. I sat laughing the whole time.

I don’t know how, but I ended up watching this one:
https://mydramalist.com/35519-cheap-cheonlima-mart
I’d call it a hit-or-miss. It’s funny, but it depends on your kind of humor. Three episodes in, I haven’t seen any toilet humor and not much crass humor. It’s about a man in a very high position who gets demoted and transferred to a supermarket all of a sudden for a very small mistake that wasn’t even a mistake. Angry, he hires a bunch of nobodies and a tribe as employees and sets out to do everything in his power to make the already-failing supermarket fail even more. At this supermarket, the employees are the kings, not the customers. Unfortunately for him, the supermarket keeps prospering :joy:

It’s bizarre and outlandish. I love the subtle digs the drama takes at society, marketing gimmicks, politics and other things, all buttered up with comedy. At it’s heart, it’s a story about all those people who work as hard as possible but don’t get the returns they deserve. The hard-working people working low-paying, not-very-nice jobs to make ends meet, when they were once scholars, toppers, all-rounders and aces in school. Those who do their very best but things just don’t go as planned.

I really lost it when ML acts like a Pied Piper, luring all the messy children out of the supermarket by playing “Baby Shark” on his flute :rofl::rofl:

At the same time, the drama isn’t totally my kind of comedy. But somehow, I can’t get myself to stop watching Cha Eun Woo, Park Bo Gum, Yeo Jin Goo, Won Bin, Jung Hae In and the others dancing to Blood, Sweat and Tears :joy: Can’t believe I understand so many references!

2 Likes

This is a wonderful Chinese movie worth watching. Good message.

1 Like

I just started this last night. Only a handful of episodes in, but so far it is light and fluffy and full of adorable, fun characters. Hopefully the fun continues.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed it. Hope you enjoy it!!

3 Likes

I only got to see ep 3 today and I don’t know if I will follow or stop at some point and wait to finish it, when all eps are uploaded, but so far it is fun. Sometimes it needs a family drama!

5 Likes

I was thinking about starting this one and going through the episodes each week since it has 50 episodes or more, I don’t remember hehe

2 Likes

To enjoy October Fest

2 Likes

It’s a really good movie!!!

2 Likes

I like watching two episodes a week, though I wish there were more. Surprisingly, the drama moves pretty fast and most of the secrets aren’t dragged for very long. The youngest child is soooo cute, and the main story arc with the kids, ML and FL is consistently interesting. For the first time in my young drama-watching life, the ML isn’t afraid of amusement park rides :joy:

I was waiting for something like this for a while. Now I want older woman/younger guy true love.

2 Likes
1 Like

There’s an overflow of them everywhere these days. I’d say about a third, or even half, of all the dramas being produced rn are noona romances.

It’s harder to find older man/younger woman dramas than noona romances. In Young Lady and Gentleman, the main leads(older man/younger woman) have a 14-year age gap while the second lead couple is older woman/younger man with a 7-year age gap.

2 Likes

I think you’ll enjoy it! I’m on the last ep of Remember You and is has been great! I’ll finish tonight when I get home. Thanks for mentioning it in one of the discussion boards. :wink:

1 Like

This one has been cute so far. I’m caught up on all released episodes and waiting for more.

2 Likes

@stardust2466_546

I did 4 episodes one after the other, and got up this early to continue the rest they have available. I get now why people wait until all episodes are done and binge watch; bc the waiting must be a torture lol

2 Likes

IT IS TORTURE :sob::sob: I’m watching each episode as soon as it comes, without subtitles. Thankfully, I can understand almost everything. The wait is just unbearable!

1 Like

Has anyone watch this!?? Two of my favorite guys in it!!!

1 Like

Oh no! Another Chef to love! :heart:

7 Likes

Very cute little movie… though I spent the majority of my time with my mouth hanging open in surprise at the fast pace. Found it from @sweetybirdtoo’s MDL list, so thank you! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Considering what the drama is about, I found it a surprisingly easy watch. Plus I just really liked it, I’m glad you liked it too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes