What are you currently watching?

I’ve watched Born Again. If I recall correctly a lot of people in the comments compare it to Flower of Evil, but it’s completely different, and if you compare it to Flower of Evil you’ll likely be disappointed in it, because it’s simply not as good, If you’re watching it for the guys, you’ll probably enjoy it, but as a whole I was disappointed in it, mainly because of how the FL was written, in my opinion the writer didn’t allow her any character development over two lifetimes.

3 Likes

Currently watching:

4 Likes

Is anyone watching the new Ntflx drama called ‘My Name’. It has entered the Top 10 overall in the US, making that TWO Kdramas that are currently in the Top 10!

3 Likes

I almost started My Name last night after wrapping up Remember Me but kept myself under control. I will definitely be watching it though.

3 Likes

@vivi_1485

Please, give me the titles bc I see none like that so far…:thinking:

I didn’t know second lead couple in [YL&G] were so far apart in age. Interesting.

1 Like

There are

1 Like

These already exist:

These are upcoming:

2 Likes

@vivi_1485
I’ll check them out. Thanks.

I am currently watching [MY NAME\ which was mention by @my_happy_place. Thanks, I’m loving this so far on episode 3.

Here @viki I’m watching [THE VEIL]

3 Likes

I have started watching Fall in love with him, really cute, not Black, or goblin which were mentioned, so far keeps my interest, also its got some familiarity, the other drama called Devil Punisher (Netflix) and that one is cute too. the story I am watching, does remind me of this one.

also watching My name, neat!!

4 Likes

Was watching Always (2011)
https://mydramalist.com/1814-always
I have a funny problem: The FL is blind and she got a makeover. I don’t know whether it’s supposed to be beautiful or if she looks weird because the fashion has changed over the decade :see_no_evil:
Dear ahjummas, please help! Is this 2011-worthy?
When Nam Ji Hyun got that hairstyle in Shopaholic Louis(2016), it was a joke and everyone made fun of her… idk whether this style was fashionable in 2011 :joy: And So Ji Sub isn’t helping, he just smiled at her. IDK if it was a “oh, you’re such a clown” smile or “oh you’re so pretty” smile. Then again, he looks like a clown to me, too

1 Like

I had my share with perms in the late 80’s and I didn’t care about any revival of the curly style, I kept my non-curly hair.
I don’t think it is representing 2011 style, but you know about the rules of Korean make-overs? So just ignore if it is accurate or not, and go with the flow … Take another glimpse at So Ji Sub and it’s okay, even his hairdo looks a little weird, haha …

2 Likes

has anyone heard of a season 2 on veil, think its called black moon?

1 Like

Just finished this one. It’s a movie.

It’s a beautiful story. All three actors acted the heck out of their roles. I cried a lot, but I loved the way it wasn’t tragic, but gave way to hope and love. The child actor was wonderful. It’s heartwarming, sweet, funny, hopeful, and makes you treasure the little things in life and the people you love. Give it a watch. I definitely recommend it!

1 Like

THE RAINCOAT KILLER a Docuseries from a serial killer in South Korea on [ntfx]. I can’t believe he still alive. While his victims were denied of that.

Yoo Young-chul

South Korean serial killer

Yoo Young-chul is a South Korean serial killer, sex offender, and self-confessed cannibal. After he admitted to the murders of multiple people, mostly sex workers and wealthy old men, the Seoul Central District Court convicted him of 20 murders. Wikipedia

Born: April 18, 1970 (age 51 years), Gochang-gun, South Korea

Children: 1

Date apprehended: 15 July 2004

Other names: Raincoat Killer (레인 코트 킬러)

Penalty: Death

Span of crimes: 2003–2004

Criminal status: In prison awaiting execution
For all of its melodramatic flourishes, The Raincoat Killer: Chasing a Predator in Korea takes murder—and the trauma it inflicts on others—very seriously. A three-part Netflix docuseries about South Korea’s most notorious serial killer rampage, it repeatedly fixates on the grief, regret, guilt and anguish of both the police officers who worked the case, and the relatives of the fiend’s many victims. Such sensitivity lends emotional weight to its non-fiction tale, which involved the inexplicable deaths of numerous individuals from various walks of life, and which eventually played out in a fashion that was so movie-ish, it would be borderline unbelievable if it weren’t true.

The Raincoat Killer (out now) tells the terrifying story of Yoo Young-chul, who from September-November 2003 broke into four different homes and viciously murdered their wealthy owners in Seoul’s well-off Gugi-Dong district. Considering that none of the victims were related, and that no valuables were taken, investigators were baffled.

4 Likes

So Good

This was excellent

3 Likes

This is getting better and better! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: No wonder it crossed the 30% mark… Ep 10 was sO ADORABLE. I can’t stop the hearts from flowing out of my eyes! There’s something so addictive about the way the writers show this cute little family :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really can’t wait for new episodes! They had a picnic and I just LOVED hearing the kids’ little shrieks of happiness
https://www.viki.com/tv/38057c-young-lady-and-gentleman

I started this one. It’s pretty cute… about a visually impaired girl and a delinquent/gangster-type guy who is really sweet, not the typical mysterious-bad-boy trope.
https://mydramalist.com/705939-koidesu-yanki-kun-to-shiro-tsue-garu

3 Likes

I am loving Young Lady and a Gentleman! That little guy is quite the actor! He makes me cry when he cries since his emotions are SO realistic! Just a super-cute story and young cast.

2 Likes

Ohhh I’m still at eps 8 hehe. But I really like this show.

2 Likes

Haha, I like it too, but only got to see episode 6 by now.

3 Likes

This is so good @my_happy_place
I can’t even handle how good this is and only on Eps1

5 Likes