What are you currently watching?

awwww it’s on my watchlist because I’ve been receiving nothing but raving reviews from all of y’all here! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Sounds good, we should make sure it’s not a school night for Vivi. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We can run it early on Saturday since the 7 pm ET time is reserved for Red Sky. I did put it on the spreadsheet so we don’t forget about it.

Give us a few days to finish fixing the timing. All the episodes have downloaded but we don’t have a go to work on anything after EP 2 yet.So I’ll work on one of my other projects in the meantime.

4 Likes

YES thats it!!! thanks, now to request it!! well it was good, and different, I just didn’t put the right info on mydramalist, looked for that most of the day yesterday! ok its been requested

and as for the “Granny” movie that was a good one!!

3 Likes

I’m watching:

-They Kiss Again (ep 19 of 20) (Easy to watch and cute and even though it’s the second season, they still entertain me)
-Descendants of the Sun (ep 12 of 16) (I’m watching this because of the high ratings and recommendations everywhere)
-Sword of Legends (ep 25 of 50) (Not my favorite Chinese show, I do want to know how it ends)
-Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (I’ve just finished watching the 10th episode, the next episodes are not available yet) (I like it because it’s a small town, where everyone knows each other (the people are nosy, but they also care about each other) and it’s about daily stuff, but also about the history of the town and it’s characters and making choises for now and for your future)
-More Than Blue (ep 4 of 10) (I’ve started to watch this, because I thought I’ve seen one of the main actors somewhere before. It’s more melodramatic and heavy and the story unravels slowly, while you see the story from different point of views (different characters each with their own stories and how they are connected with each other). So far the show is good.)

I haven’t seen From Five to Nine yet, but it sounds like the show will be fun to watch!

On Viki:

3 Likes

I just finished Miracle in Cell No. 7 and… this is a REALLY unpopular opinion, but I didn’t like it very much. Too many things didn’t make sense to me, I’m RAGING about the guy who put the ML on death row, and I just can’t feel anything. The first three-fourth of the movie was funny, sad, and amazing. The last quarter kinda disappointed me.

This isn’t just because I don’t like sad endings. I keep wishing that the court trials could have at least been a little more compelling. No one seemed to even care or take into account the fact that the defendant was mentally impaired. The counter-arguments were way too strong. The bad guy could have at least faked everything in a more believable way. Defendant’s statement says he choked the victim but there are no signs of choking? Defendant can’t even pass a mental test but it’s so believable that he made a clear statement? Sure, corruption is rampant… but this is DEATH ROW we’re talking about! If the writers wanted ML to die in the end, they could have at least made the prosecutor arguments more compelling and believable. The trial is obviously very worthy of media coverage. You can’t just kill someone off like that! It felt very stupid and forced. I’m just angry now.

2 Likes

It’s a love story,I’ll stay away!
Sorry

2 Likes

I didn’t realize how much I love Taiwanese dramas. I miss the good ones so I’m re-watching this one. Some hot scenes included.The ML is very ‘‘ATTRACTIVE’’ and very Macho man although, he’s not what many would consider ‘‘good looking.’’

Currently on episode 12

Currently on episode 6 bc I did skip a lot on this one, but I’m re-watching and watching skipped parts.

3 Likes

I’m in!
We can do it early on Saturday or our classic Sunday hehe. Just count on me!

3 Likes

In real life, it was life imprisonment. The movie was based on this story:

Unfortunately, what happened in the movie happened to an American:

3 Likes

If I put this article on it would be a spoiler, so y’all have to look it up. really sounds neat though

KBS’s Upcoming Historical Drama Releases First Stills Of Yoo Seung Ho As An Elite Inspector

wonder if this will be like “the secret investigation record,” and that new one secret royal inspector, liked the first episode!!!
Set in the period of the [spoiler]strongest prohibition laws in Joseon history, it stars [Yoo Seung Ho]pi_link&utm_content=kbss-upcoming-historical-drama-releases-first-stills-of-yoo-seung-ho-as-an-elite-inspector&

check KBS

1 Like

fyi drunken to ;love you , not all episodes are here, I discovered it , on Netflix has them all, not just 18, this is a cute drama

2 Likes

just started 5-9(?) today, first episode was nice

2 Likes

Really? Why?

1 Like

The real Korean man was not sentenced to death. Before executing someone, there has to be at least SOME hardcore evidence. In the movie, there was next to NO evidence that he did it, except for that one scene where they take him to the crime scene. And they didn’t even let him complete his actions! It also doesn’t mention anywhere that he was mentally impaired.

The American case is very unfortunate, but the case is from 1939. The movie is based on the Korean man, so it’s around the 70’s. And SK is sooooo capital-punishment shy, it’s pretty hard to believe they executed someone like that on next to no concrete evidence except a false confession. I’m still not very happy with the movie.

1 Like

Was watching this short one - It’s like Shanai Marriage Honey’s slightly more realistic, way more innocent sibling :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
The FL is really, really cute… I love her smile. The drama may not be everyone’s cup of tea… the FL is introverted, borderline anti-social, and a NEET(Not in Education, Employment, or Training). Some may perceive her as weak, but I like her character. She slowly opens up to everybody around her. No one pushes her around, her in-laws like her, and she doesn’t get played like a doormat ever. She also doesn’t back off when the ML’s ex shows up. So yeah, I wouldn’t say she’s a weak FL. But she may bother/trigger some viewers.
ML is very job-oriented at first, then changes slowly. He’s awkward and it’s really cute to see exactly why the two fit together… because they’re both awkward in different ways. Light and very fluffy show.

2 Likes

I don’t really like love stories,
I love thriller and horror stuff more than them,
I rarely watch love story based dramas
And I watch comedy too.

3 Likes

Well, It’s not a thriller. It is a rom/com and very cute. But I understand. I think what I liked was that it was delightfully Japanese :laughing: (I must be homesick :laughing: ) The ML was Sooooo old-fashioned and the FL was kind of a flighty modern girl. It was kind of a culture clash between modern and old. :grin: I just enjoyed watching the ML for some reason. Like watching Toshiro Mifune in one of his movies but the ML in this show was not gruff. He was just very reserved. :laughing: :rofl:

I rarely watch scary horror - I had to watch Train to Busan :scream: in daylight then a whole bunch of comedies afterward. :sunglasses: I do watch the occasional thriller. I don’t like torture and dark evil stuff and I don’t like shows that force people into horrible decisions. Divine Fury scared the bejeesus outta me! YIKES! Woo Do Hwan was so AAAAGGGHHHH!!! Man! I was making the sign of the cross at him and I haven’t been to mass in 50 years! :grin::laughing::rofl: So, yea, I don’t watch too many of those kinds of shows.

But I will watch swashbucklers and sword fighters any day. Errol Flynn to Seven Samurai. So go figure. But that is a clean death, not torture. well except it does hurt during the recovery time… so… hmmm. I am not consistent. :laughing:

3 Likes

Currently watching a really cute, creatively weird drama called Overprotected Kahoko (I seem to be in a j-drama phase lol)

For the first time in my entire young life, I’m seeing FL’s father beg ML to date FL :joy::joy:

Trigger warning: The FL’s mom is from HELL. The whole plot is based on a woman who grows up so overprotected that she has absolutely NO idea about the real world. So naturally, the mom is a suffocating person.

4 Likes

I watched this drama, it’s quite cute :slight_smile: . And I don’t think the mother is all that bad, maybe more so in the beginning. The Japanese name is Kahogo no Kahako, that seems like a funny title and might be the reason for the name of the FL.

3 Likes