What are you currently watching?

porkypine, the Japanese drama 5-9 was quite refreshing!

I did my research, found it on youtube, course I had to watch it, the voices in itself was so hilarious!!!
Secret Investigation record
so hopefully Viki will get it on here.

also Hospital ship too, but the voices were normal. thats the first time I have watched any K,C,T,J dramas on Youtube! now I know where to look when desperate… hehehehehehe. and again Lutra thank you for that

Any very very very short Chinese drama recommendations?

2 Likes

I started a new historical cdrama Marvelous Women, it gives me the feel of Min Lang and another drama, can’t remember the name right now… this will go in my collection “Women’s Power”. - It’s funny, in some areas then women were recognized and respected and in different situations degraded… nothing much has changed today, sadly, it will probably never will…

3 Likes

Did you watch this movie?

3 Likes

No, not yet.

It’s a thriller, I really enjoyed it! Hope you like it!

1 Like

Will watch it definitely!

1 Like

Have you seen this? It’s not super short (24ep) but it is thriller/mystery/psychological with a small dash of romance.

4 Likes

Thanks I will watch it later.

1 Like

One of the shows I am watching is:

This is my second time. It feels like the first though, since it’s been a while since I’ve seen it.

I think Bogum is my fav. Co-star of YooJung so far.

4 Likes

This is so FUNNY and Good I can’t even!!!

3 Likes

Mystery

Supernatural

You were asking me earlier - here are some of my collections of mystery/crime and supernatural -
I didn’t realize you didn’t watch much rom com or love stories - those are what I gave you for Chinese but look at these and see if they help!!!

Definitely Not Today - You will like it - not really a romance

4 Likes

5-9 I finished it in a few hours, I have to admit, I got hooked, this one was so refreshing, cute, no murders, no resentment, no revenge! just a cute “clean” drama, yeah a tear-jerker as well, but a good tear-jerker.

what a difference! now if more was like this…

I didn’t think I would like Definitely not today, so another on my list, I have wanted to start the dating in the kitchen, a haven’t got around to it , so another on my list.

Love me if you dare is an edge of the seat drama, loved it, well looks like I again need to re-watch it! oh and the ending , nope can’t tell you, you gotta watch to see.

Marvelous woman, I do have on my list, just havent started it yet

padmalayag, I really think you need to give 5-9 a look, I really think you will enjoy this one.

If y’all like those murder mysteries, I am included, watch Gap Dong, signal, diary of a murder(I think that title is right) the frog boys, and as far as I have read about these murders, they havent been solved , but the story in these dramas awesome!!

4 Likes

Just finished this one -

I thought it would be a light watch, but I ended up shaking with tears rolling down my cheeks… I haven’t cried like this for this reason since I watched 18 Again in January. It’s a heartwarming family show, tackling some very thoughtful issues. Since the mother sort of triggers something inside me due to my own experiences, I wish she was made to understand the folly of her ways in a harsher way, but others may not be as bothered as I was. I also disliked the way in which the dad’s struggles were shown in a comedic light, while the mother’s struggles were completely serious. It’s a women-centered drama, so those who enjoy the genre will love all the relationships portrayed of mothers and daughters and sisters.

It’s a creative coming-of-age story of a woman who has been sheltered all her life. You watch her slowly grown from a girl to a woman and it’s an interesting journey.

3 Likes

I know many of you have already watched this one but I am, for the most part, thoroughly enjoying it. Kim Woo Bin really flexes his acting chops and Bea Suzy perfects her whiney character. The mother of the SML is a piece of work. I’m on ep 13 right now. This was the last drama Woo Bin completed before he was found to be ill. (He is doing much better now and is slated to appear in upcoming dramas. YAY!)

5 Likes

@stardust2466_546 Uncontrollably Fond, was pain. I ended up liking it more than I thought I would. I miss Woobin and I’m glad he’ll be back soon.

4 Likes

I cried my eyes out with that show.

3 Likes

Ok I think I have several shows going right now!!! But I need to meet Rowoon!

Dating In the Kitchen
Red Sky - Watch Party
Happiness
Love Script
Under the Power
Healer

2 Likes

I have that one on my list but haven’t watched it yet :expressionless:

2 Likes