What are you currently watching?

I finished this one too just before started my newest one and I also didn’t expect much, but it was fun.

Hahaha now I’m curious to which characters you are talking about. The one you hated but ended up liking, I can guess :laughing:. I was also amused by the people in the TCs who didn’t see certain “villains” coming.

3 Likes

2 characters I thought were likable at first are, Mu Ansheng (the step bro) and Ling Sheng (ml youngest bro). I don’t like when step siblings end up liking each other. Esp. if one of them was against it. FL was so uncomfortable with her brothers confession but he kept pursuing her. They never really redeemed themselves to me.

4 Likes
Summary

The little brother was suspicious to me since the start :rofl:.

Another thing that bothered me about the stepbrother was that he acted like he was entitled to her romantic love, like dude… what is wrong with you?

2 Likes
Summary

I ff all of the younger bro scenes of him & the delusional girl he love. :joy:

The step-bro was a serious creep after he found out FL was dating. When he asked her if she slept with ml & if it was consensual, I wanted to gag! He was so sure that if ml hadn’t showed up, he would have a chance. What a weirdo.

2 Likes
Summary

I actually don’t mind that he asked her that, since it’s something an older brother could ask, just to make sure his sister wasn’t taken advantage of. Of course, he could’ve just asked out of jealousy. I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt in this case.

That sense of entitlement was also a running theme with his sister :thinking:. I did watch it without skipping, but not missing much from the little sister / little brother loveline :neutral_face:. Yeah, some of the storylines could’ve been scrapped altogether… :laughing:.

The “I have a chance till the day (minute) this person gets married” might be a cultural aspect though, since I’ve heard it many times before, both in dramas and real life.

2 Likes
Summary

I still really like the drama overall. Some parts were very hard to watch because of how cringe they were.

The love between the leads made up for the lack of sense in some of the other characters.

The delusional sister really made me bite my tongue a lot. Her and her brother (actually the whole Mu family) were so mind boggling.

1 Like

They could’ve written them all out of the story :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m impressed. I really, really loved the story of the main leads, but I pretty much couldn’t stand every other secondary character. How many crazy, obsessive, possessive, entitled characters does one need in a drama? There should be a limit. LOL

3 Likes

Hahaha there should be a limit indeed :rofl:

1 Like

I just started this one- Happiness
with Han Hyo Joo and Park Hyung Sik
and some zombies…

Summary

I am so enthralled with how they pieced together the female lead. She’s not your typical FL trope- She’s independent, overcame such immense hardships in life, and is an absolute kickass! Yet, her sweet moments with the little girl next door outweigh everything! Clearly, her priorities are in order.
And I can’t say enough good things about the quiet male lead. He has his history with the FL (where she pushed him off a building…yes, quite literally pushed him off a building) and he’s stuck close to her ever since.

I’m especially impressed that this drama focuses not on the romance (it’s there, but subtle) but on the zombie outbreak (Madman Rabies…weird name, but okay).
It’s intense. I love zombie flicks, but I may be in the minority there. Anxious to see how this develops now that I know the chairman is involved and the Lt. Colonel isn’t as bad a guy as I wanted to believe.

2 Likes

I was really unsure about watching this… I love the amnesia trope, and I’m currently on a quest for good amnesia dramas. I also thought the ML looked too young, but since you and @feyfayer like it, I’ll bring it back on top of my watchlist!

4 Likes

So Ji Sub and Son Ye Jin!!! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I was sooooooo scared to watch this one. From the description itself, you know it’s going to be a a tearjerker. But I just HAD to watch it for So Ji Sub.

Most of you know I’m a happy ending ADDICT, so believe me when I say this - it was done very, very well. I brought a HUGE box of tissues and waited to pull them out. To my surprise, I sat laughing and laughing for the entire first half of the movie. The characters are really funny, and the plot itself is very creative. Even though you feel apprehension lurking somewhere inside you, it’s still fun to watch how the amnesiac FL slowly come to terms with life. I also liked the parallel story of how the ML and FL met and fell in love. It added new depth to the characters and I really got attached to them. The twist was also surprising and thoughtful.

Though I needed to use lots and lots of tissues, I still loved the way they brought out the ending. It was not hopeless, bleak, or depressing. The child actor was AMAZING, and so were So Ji Sub and Son Ye Jin. 10/10 recommend. It’s a good, meaningful movie.

Bonus: PARK SEO JOON CAMEO!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I hope you enjoy it. Knowing you, you’ll also skip some of the parts :laughing.
If you do, go ahead and do that, since you won’t be missing a lot :relaxed:

5 Likes

I think you’ll like the surprises. Like @feyfayer mentioned, you will not miss out on anything important if you skip some parts. :laughing:

The leads are so cute and funny. I would rewatch just for them.

6 Likes

Just finished 5-9. Cute.

2 Likes

I watched a cute one on Netflix yesterday, my startup for Christmas movies,

A boy called Christmas, not animated, but wonder if the boy was digitally enhanced (is that right?) really a neat story, and finished it

3 Likes

I’m Loving Happiness, I don’t think it’s just because I’m a Huge Hyung Sik fan either, I’m enjoying the story,

2 Likes

Forget Me Not (38 shows) - MyDramaList

2 Likes

Well Hyung Sikkie is just the icing on the zombie :zombie: :woman_zombie: cupcake :cupcake:
I am loving it although I might not sleep at night!

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying this one! Fun to watch the girl in hot pursuit!

2 Likes