What are you currently watching?

Adding to my list - thank you @stardust2466_546

You should put that in the J-drama thread
Fav J-drama thread

2 Likes

Just added it to that thread! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m watching [SRI&J] but so far nothing to brag about. My boy 2PM Taeceyon, is ML and I know he’ll fix this up… bc so far I’m bored to the core.

This is SO good I can’t even say enough good things about it!!!

3 Likes

Just started: Cute Programmer
So far it’s good, I’m enjoying it

4 Likes

I just got done watching Kill It’s now my favorite show.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of The Eternal Love, so I’m curious to Cute Programmer (as the shows have the same male lead).

The ones I was watching are on hold at the moment, because I wanted to rewatch TharnType.

I’m so happy I can watch TharnType without the many commercials now, compared to the first time I watched this show on another website.

And I’m watching Meet Me After School. I didn’t think much of it in the beginning, but somehow I cannot stop watching. I’m hoping every character will find happiness. (I haven’t read any spoilers yet, and I don’t want to know yet, untill I’ll find out in the show, but I’m afraid it won’t have the happy ending I’m hoping for.)

3 Likes

I like it! I’m now on the eps 18 and it’s good, let’s see…

2 Likes

I swear guys on Eps 5 and 6 - This show is SO much more! So Different than any of the other dramas! I LOVE it and SIKKIE is so BUFF - I want him to stay this way!!! :zombie: :woman_zombie:

3 Likes

Me too, I think he looks great, he looks healthy, I love it.

2 Likes

All the reviews were praising this as the best school youth drama out of all the ones they’ve seen. I guess I’m the odd one that found this tiring. It’s truly 90% about friendship and the beauty of youth.

The thing I couldn’t stand the most was the fl being in love with the 2ml for 26 out 36 episodes. It dragged on and on. By the end of the drama we barely had 10 mins of the leads being “a couple.” They were stuck together throughout the whole drama but they never actually became a couple til the last 5 mins of the drama. So if you like slice of life where romance takes a back seat, this is for you. Well, let me edit: It does have romance for every other character except our leads. LOL

2 Likes

Thanks for the review! I stopped watching school dramas a long time ago and this was one of my reasons for stopping. School dramas usually have either tons of girls/guys flocking around ML/FL, or there are two/three guys actively chasing her and we have to spend the entire drama waiting for her to choose one. She has romance with ALL of them so it becomes hard for us to predict, but at the same time, we never see proper relationship development between her and the ML because FL is so busy having heart-fluttering moments with all the other guys :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I completely agree!!!

2 Likes

I agree. I watch school dramas when I need a filler, like when I’m in between waiting for other dramas.

I don’t mind the fluffy silly plots but I hate when the leads take forever to fall for each other. I like seeing the relationship gradually build without too much side stories getting in the way.

2 Likes

Wikipedia

Watched this last night in a Watch Party! Really a good movie - just make sure to keep up with the names - we got a little confused at one point but it all turned around in the end!!!

3 Likes

Just started Miss the Dragon.

(DramaWiki)

English translations of non-English titles are always interesting. I have known for a long time, thanks to being clued in by a Chinese friend years ago (actually ethnic Chinese but a “boat person” after the Vietnam War), that “long” or “lung” means “dragon”, and “oolong” means “black dragon.” As in oolong tea or “black dragon” tea.

According to Google and DeepL (did I say those names out loud), the title which in Chinese characters is 遇龙 (Yulong) is translated “Meet the Dragon.”

What is Miss the Dragon? “Baby, are you a dragon, cause I miss you.” That kind of thing?

And what kind of dragon exactly is the Dragon King? Not an imperial five-fingered Chinese dragon, not the creature that is part deer, part cat, part lion. He’s not even a dragon who climbed out of a ditch.

I like Miss the Dragon, but seems to have nothing to do with what I learned about Chinese dragons years ago.

6 Likes

Painter in the wind - catching up on sageuks :blush:

3 Likes

Two Lights: Relumino - about two nearly-blind people who meet at a photography club

It’s actually a 30-minute Samsung ad(for a visual aid app) but it is soooooooo heart-meltingly beautiful! Sight is such a wonderful gift we take for granted.
I have to say, it is WONDERFUL seeing PHS again on screen! :heart_eyes: And I miss my ocean so much more now :disappointed_relieved:
Han Ji Min is so beautiful!

2 Likes

I’m currently watching True Beauty I love it so much…
It’s not just about her face but about everything a human should do in real life…
It shows how misunderstandings can cause bad things…
There are so many lessons to learn from True Beauty!

tbh i wanted to watch it because of LSH and HSJ’s bromance!:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Please come back and review after you finish, Miss The Dragon because I’m on the fence about watching it. It doesn’t have favorable reviews/comments on yt.

Last night I finished:

I didn’t expect much at all. Thought it was a fluffy fast cdrama but it’s packed with twists. The leads are well matched. The reason I kept passing it up was because I thought the ml looked too young with his baby face. I thought, “oh no, this will be silly and immature” but I was wrong. ML has a nice tone of voice. His character was mature and serious without being cold. Once he fell for our fl he was as cute as a puppy around her. FL is a strong woman. She has her own dreams and doesn’t allow anyone to take advantage of her. Their misunderstandings are solved pretty fast, which is a good thing.

This is, “a rich ceo w/smart working class fl” trope.

Although ml is rich he doesn’t use his money in a ridiculous way. When he spoils fl it’s in a way that insures her safety and happiness.

You will end up liking characters you hated, and hating characters you like.

4 Likes