What are you currently watching?

I’m currently at ep. 22
So far so good. According to spoilers, there’s a happy ending. This does lean towards romance but it doesn’t overshadow the other elements, like politics. Everything is well balanced.

2 Likes

Apart from a stupid beginning where they have the ML committing a murder to cover up, the series is great.
I’ve never seen two (chinese) leads with so much charisma (and chemistry, too). You only have to compare the ML and the SML, then you know what I mean. The ML carries the drama as already in Goodbye, My Princess.

2 Likes

ooh I love it when the ML’s charisma sets him apart from the rest of the characters! I really want to watch an ML like that because I’m currently pretty frustrated with Young Lady and Gentleman’s ML… he used to carry himself like an elegant prince but he had amnesia and thinks he’s 22 but the writers think he’s five, making him act like a stupid toddler. The actor, Ji Hyun Woo, did a very good job changing the way he carries himself. He walks, talks, and acts completely different, but I miss his old prince-like self.

Question: Does Fall in Love have comedy or is it a classic melodrama?

3 Likes

It is historic, but also modern in a pleasant way and the ML is mentally always one step ahead of his opponents.

2 Likes

I hope there will be a good ending, I like this drama is all, love the actors as well

1 Like

Since I miss the lasts watchparties, here I am, trying to finish Lovers of the red sky lol

And started The king’s affection with my mom

8 Likes

ML is a comedian sometimes. :joy: ml & 2ml have a refreshing bromance. If they weren’t enemies in love, they would’ve been bff.

ml & fl have a cute sophisticated way of bonding. They have plenty of funny times together.

3 Likes

finishing up sleuth of ming dynasty, last episode. I thought it was cute, neat,& funny

3 Likes

Not that anyone cares (Hahahaha!!) but, as part of my December housekeeping project, I’ve decided to devote time to finishing dramas that I know are good but I just stopped watching. My first project is to finish up Vincenzo as I stopped with episode 6 because I couldn’t wait for each ep to be released. Also, I got ‘Squirreled’ by other dramas. My patience level has improved through the months though as I am now able to tolerate waiting for one or two (on-air) K-dramas to drop the next ep. The first step in self-improvement is to realize that you have a problem and then take the steps necessary to mitigate the problem. For more self-help tips, be sure to check back often. LOL!

8 Likes

_vincenzo%2011 _

LOVE

3 Likes

I need to finish, Vincenzo too. I stopped around ep.9.

I get so easily distracted by other dramas and it’s been hard to pull through a full series without skipping.

2 Likes

This might sound strange, but I had been putting off watching ‘Dali and Cocky Prince’ because I knew I would love it. I could try to explain, but my reasoning probably wouldn’t make any sense to anyone else, LOL. However, I caved and went ahead and watched it and, no surprise, loved it.

4 Likes

hey that sounds like me!!
midnight moodz hope you finished vincenzo,

just didnt care for Dali and cocky prince

so going to also try and finish some of my dramas on my list!

4 Likes

lol I’m not sure about this one but I trust in you, I think that I’ll give it a try!

3 Likes

Jang Dong Yoon is looking :fire: in the beginning of this and he is so handsome! And I’m loving the show!!! Wanted something more like Happiness to watch!!!

@my_happy_place
is taking the scare with me!!!

Are they Zoombies are they not Zoombies - I don’t know!!!

3 Likes

This is another drama I “forgot” to keep watching :flushed: This only used to happen to me with c-dramas but I can’t believe it’s happening to me with k-dramas!! I want to finish both Police University and Dali but I just end up forgetting or losing the will to continue!

2 Likes

I will try. Might have to rewatch from the beginning since it’s been a while.

I enjoyed this one so much! It’s romcom with melo undertones. The fl is adorable and she’s strong minded without being stubborn. The ml seems silly but he’s playful and caring. Love them together!

2 Likes

I have watched at least 3 dramas
Vincenzo

and the very endings is awesome, and kinda spooky , but still loved it, think there was another one but at the moment don’t recall. but I do like these endings, not going to tell you, you just have to watch them

3 Likes

Started Eternal Love / Ten miles of Peach Blossom

1 Like

Ooh I’m going to start that one soon!

One more movie!

Okay this was so good!! Son Ye Jin, Park Hae Il and the rest acted the HECK out of their roles. I cried so much at the end. What a princess. The airport scene was one of the most touching, heartbreaking scenes I’ve witnessed. Though the historical part was very interesting, I was drawn to the fictitious parts— especially Kim Jang Han.

I know Kim Jang Han’s character isn’t real, but as a story character, my brain just can’t fathom what he went through. As a work of fiction, I still would love seeing everything from his point of view since it’s sure to be more grittier— working as a spy in the Japanese army, then as a journalist under a government he didn’t support… the things he did, his stubborn determination, his total one-track mind from the moment he got engaged to her I just can’t handle it. This is one of those shows where I felt so acutely for the characters that every hit was a stab to my own heart.

If you’re a Kim Jae Wook fan, you might have your heart broken, but I’m not a big fan so his character didn’t hurt me much(the fact that I was head over heels in love with the ML is probably another reason LOL).

8/10 for me. I’d recommend it to history lovers. I cut two points because I live in a world of fantasy and cotton candy and unicorns, so the ending didn’t completely satisfy me.

For those of you who are wondering if it has a tragic ending, it does not. It’s a clear-cut happy ending.

4 Likes