What are you currently watching?

Ten Miles of Peach Blossom: Very good drama. Some parts were a little wacky (IMO) but still a good watch.
The Last Princess: Very good drama but the ending was soooooo sad. Definitely worth the watch.

4 Likes

Whenever there’s CG, I turn on the TCs to see what people are saying about it. Most of it is pretty funny.

I just wish that rewatchers wouldn’t put so many spoilers in the TCs :neutral_face:.

2 Likes

trying to finish some too. I do have a few more but this is enough

4 Likes

Don’t miss out the fun…

@my_happy_place: correction like you said before, it’s on PRIME but since I always log in to NTFX I thought it was on Netflix. GREAT SERIES> the waiting is painfully long, but so worth it!

2 Likes

Agreed. I’m no good at waiting. Especially for shows that leave you on the edge of your seat like that.

The funny thing is, I have read the book series, but I genuinely can’t remember anything about the story other than the characters themselves.

2 Likes

Oriental Odyssey became a hot mess towards the mid-end. I couldn’t finish it.

I watched it for Janice Wu. Not her best project but it does show how she improved since then.

2 Likes

Overall, it’s better than the Chinese remake, but there were some parts I liked more in the Chinese one(Lobster Cop). The cast was wonderful… Honey Lee, Gong Myung, and Lee Dong Hwi are hilarious together. And I loved Oh Jung Se as a drug overlord :joy: Nice action scenes, but some went on for too long, IMO.

8.5/10 recommend for an action filler-type movie. It’s very funny, but there’s lots of cursing, so probably not the best thing for a family night.

4 Likes

I planned on watching that later :smile:

2 Likes

This one’s also really good… better than Extreme Job, IMO… I gave it a 9

Kim Rae Won is a really handsome actor! Some of the nicest gangsters ever :joy: Loved the movie, and the Ma Dong Seok cameo. I liked the ML’s character.

3 Likes

I put it on my list. Thanks! :smile:

Yeah, he has such a nice smile :blush:.

1 Like

I rarely watch variety shows, but since I like the theme about creative writing … This one picked up my interest. In the past I took up a lot of creative writing workshops since it isn’t possible for several reasons, not only that V-thing, so it is a nice change. Somehow I can’t hurry through it, like in the past I took the workshops once a week or once every two weeks. It somehow gives me a bit of “itching fingers” as we say in German, don’t know if there is an equal English quote. Let me know.

I think it is funny to see actors debate about cliché and kissing scenes, or even the plot …
If you want to try something different. I just needed a drama break, so this came at the right time for me.

3 Likes

yeah I have also started the wheel of time as well

3 Likes

So after watching the latest episode of Happiness, I’m trying my best to watch River Where the Moon Rises . But as usual I still can’t get into period / historical / costume dramas. That and the whole memory loss plotlines just aren’t sitting with me.
sigh
Any suggestions on new material to watch in between episodes of Happiness?

3 Likes

Have you watched SEARCH!!! So good!

Summary

This was 2020 though
https://www.viki.com/tv/37375c-search

NEW and on AIR and TOP RANKING but Historical
https://www.viki.com/tv/38101c-the-red-sleeve
I heard good things
https://www.viki.com/tv/38057c-young-lady-and-gentleman
Heard good things
https://www.viki.com/tv/38058c-dali-and-cocky-prince?qId=66a5a7fe2f02332a74ce03ce6a842334
I don’t do school dramas but I LOVED this one
https://www.viki.com/tv/35439c-at-a-distance-spring-is-green

Mystery/Crime Collection

I’m curious to At a Distance, Spring is Green, because you’ve been promoting this show. :slight_smile:

During a watch party I saw the first eight episodes of An Incurable Case of Love, but I hadn’t finished watching it (10 episodes are available). During the watch party I was reading the chat and also finishing some chores, so I missed some parts, like (when the FL discovers the woman next door is his sister), so last week I rewatched the show and now I’ve seen the whole show including the last two episodes. :slight_smile: (the coma was a shock).

Yesterday, I’ve finished watching They Kiss Again. I’ve been postponing the last two episodes, because the show is so cute and I didn’t want the show to end, but now I wanted to clear my watch list and also I wanted to watch the ending before I would forget what was happening in the last episodes. It’s an old show, but I’m glad I could watch it (not on Viki though). I expected you would see her old friends in the last show, but this didn’t happen, but still it was a good and fitting ending.

The shows I’m currently watching are:

TharnType (ep 11 of 13)
Loveholic (2005 version, ep 1 of 16, started watching this since this morning)
Bad Buddy (ep 6 of 12, waiting for new episodes to air)

1 Like

I am liking a lot so far…

This one with zombie girl and she’s very funny girl.

I’m going kind of slow with this one bc is same story plot I’ve seen dozens of time before, but I like it a lot bc of FL/ML combo

I loved it - it is a HEALING drama - I fell in love with Joon!!! His character is so needing of love. But there are some HARD things to watch when it comes to his family - If you watch it let me know what you think!!!

This is my review on VIKI

Summary

I’m excited to see Bae In-Hyuk - I really enjoyed Kiss Goblin. And just meeting Park JI Hoon - what a great actor - I love a good bromance & hope that Joon is able to find what he is looking for & what he needs. I don’t usually watch university or school shows but I think after seeing that these actors are here - I will have to give this a try. So subtitles are on their way - I am holding on tight…I love this so far. But such loneliness in the two ML characters! The rich ML - so cute - smiles with so much inner conflict underneath. Poor ML won’t let anyone get close to him and the FL is hard working, yet not able to apply herself like she would like in her studies, as hard as she tries. She is stuck between the two of them although she doesn’t know it yet. The rich ML is so darn charming - just completely charming and he works so hard at it. Being popular isn’t always what it is cracked up to be - most popular people are quite lonely. I look forward to seeing these friendships develop as you can already see such pain and conflict going on within the budding friendships - they need each other. This story especially the dynamics of the ML family - is crushing and sad. The music, cinematography, placement and relationships are so real and powerful. I’m in tears. I need more of this show! I absolutely love it and Joon & all the emotions that are intertwined between the characters. I think they ALL have to LEARN something from one another. This is definitely a healing drama so many of the characters have so much trauma - that they need to heal by leaning on one another. I love how broken people can help other broken people - Heal!

Just finished this. Great for people who are pursuing their dreams and need motivation. It does center around swimming for the most part. Almost all the characters are swimmers. The leads were great. Their romance is a slow burn and never really goes above it. It’s subtle and in a supportive companion kind of way. There is a lot of character growth for our ml. His character is the main focus and the plot revolves around him more. I really like Dyan in this. He brought out his character well. Seven Tan is also great here but her character was more of a support.

The parts I didn’t like:

For the parts I didn’t like was the fact that this could have easily been a 24 ep. drama. They had some unnecessary subplot that was dragging the story. Specifically the part about “Little One” or whatever they call her. They made her character sound as if she was some kind of saint. A wronged Princess sleeping in a coma. Here I thought she was possibly an ex that ml was hung up on. That she was wrongfully misunderstood or something. When the truth was finally revealed I really hate her character. I don’t know why the writers gave so much emphasis on her existence. Both her and her brother have some issue about being obsessed with people that don’t like them. They were extremely selfish.

5 Likes

I’ve started watching At a Distance, Spring is Green, currently at episode 8. I’ll let you know when I finish.

2 Likes

I was looking for something short and sweet, so I gave the KBS drama specials for 2021 a try. It turns out these are lovely little bite-sized chunks of really good storytelling.

5 Likes