Viki

What are you currently watching?

Episode 12 of The Good Detective oh my goodness the casting is just PERFECT. I’ve always respected Oh Jong Se because he’s such a versatile actor, but I didn’t expect Jang Seung Jo to be THIS good - he is NOT just a (REALLY)handsome face. It’s so real, I could really see fear and confusion in the eyes of a man who has always been reckless and suave. It was a knife-fight scene, and the heavy breathing, the hurt, the words… everything was just so realistic. I love it when actors just immerse themselves in the role and don’t mind sacrificing looking perfect all the time for realistic scenes.

I love the end credits

I just finished this NF T-drama today and it was a goodie. If you like older women/younger men tropes, then this is for you. No fast-forwarding needed here. Acting was good, plot was good, chemistry between actors was good. Me likie! :wink:

(mydramalist)

Thank you for the recommendations! They are highly appreciated!

1 % of Something - for the 3rd time in a WP
30 but 17 - In a WP - 2nd time
Just finished Homme Fatale - Excellent
Scholar that Walks the Night
Red Sleeve - in a WP

even genealogy detectives??? hehehehe, sorry I had to do it

this struck home yesterday, one part mentioned gaslight theory this one wow! negativity for sure, so I guess I have allowed people to in so many words cut me down like, you aren’t good enough, you can’t do it and so on. but this is a good psychology drama, hey starting a mystery there too! is the psyche dr and that other dr bros I did that just in case

this is also a good one

wasn’t there another drama with someone losing their sense of smell and helped another person??

https://www.viki.com/videos/1190970v this is kinda dragging at the moment, still good though

https://www.viki.com/videos/1190490v waiting for subs

https://www.viki.com/videos/1191064v silly & funny

EVEN geneology detectives :blush: You are all searching for something, and both the drama crew and I wish you all the best! :heart:

thank you!! need all the help I can get especially for the brick walls!!

I love 30 but 17!!!

I wrapped this one up this afternoon since I have the day off. It was pretty good with kind of a grim reaper, time-stopping plot. I do like the ML in this one and have liked him since Boys Over Flowers. (Yes, I know he had some legal problems when he was younger but I still like his work). 12 episodes so an easy watch. Some of the OST is beautiful as well.

Finished this morning as a rewatch. I didn’t do any FF no matter how much I wanted to smash Su Jin the lying conniving side consort delusional princess.

I always feel a complicated dilemma between choosing Ye Hua or Mo Yuan. When I first watched this during it’s release, I actually thought Mo Yuan was perfect for Bai Qian. Until, I find out Ye Hua was the ML. I really like Mo Yuan’s overall aura and how he carries himself. Also, his UNCONDITIONAL LOVE for Bai Qian. This man suffered 3 lightening strikes for the FL and then went into sleep mode until the last 5 episodes. -_- When he wakes back up some 73,000 years later, the love of his life was taken by his TWIN BROTHER I felt so bad for him, like… Sir, please, I’ll marry you!

Ye Hua… he’s so complex. Everything he does is well thought out and planned. I really admire his love for Bai Qian because he never wavered. There were a handful of Immortal Women throwing themselves onto his path but he just dodges them left and right. The only thing I really hated about him was his treatment of SuSu/Bai Qian after they arrived in Heaven. I know it’s not his fault he didn’t have leverage over his grandfather who was a total donkey. I cried so much when he took SuSu’s eyes. The way SuSu was crying and begging him. I hated that he couldn’t stand up for her. But, he does redeem himself later on. I did an ugly adult cry when he “died.” I think it’s one of the saddest drama deaths I’ve seen.

Plot wise, I wish they would have focused on YH & BQ more. Their love line could have had more depth. There was just a lot going on and the transition wasn’t very smooth.

If they were going to do Pillow Book, they could have left FJ & DH love line kind of a mystery in Eternal Love. Instead, when they did PB, they repeated the beginning of their encounter from EL (with slight changes) which is redundant.

egads, what a drama to watch, I think I will stick to what I am watching for now, and 73,000 years later? that to me is a bit much, now thats me, ok?

LOL! It does take a lot of time to digest these xianxia/chinese fantasy dramas because they have huge time skips. :sweat_smile: It’s even more confusing when they have several lifetimes.

EVERY XIANXIA DRAMA EVER :joy: Eternal Love is one of the absolute classics in the xianxia world, so it conforms completely to the rules of xianxia. I personally can’t get myself to watch it because I already watched Ashes of Love (another classic), and for some reason, I don’t think I can stomach Eternal Love.

Rules of Xianxia(with the experience I have - please correct me or add more if needed lol):

1. Most of the main characters are immortal so the story will always span thousands and thousands of years.
  2. The FL usually starts out as a happy-go-lucky little sprite with birth secrets and ends up as an all-powerful, badass goddess
  3. ML is usually an extremely powerful tsundere god who falls madly in love with the FL - MADLY to the point where he will do anything, on heaven and earth, for her
  4. Either ML or FL (sometimes both, if the writer feels like torturing us a little more) will sacrifice one of their senses for the other. They also sacrifice hundreds/ thousands of years of cultivation for random stuff or sacrifice something out of their core being.
  5. If there’s a phoenix in the story, he or she will sacrifice one of his/her many lives.
  6. Since they’re immortal, there WILL be death scenes and they WILL make you ugly cry for days
  7. Either FL - usually FL - or ML(sometimes both) has to go through a Mortal Trial - in simple words, a “Mortal Trial” is a tool used by the writers to inflict whatever pain, trouble and other nonsense they feel like inflicting on the main character(s) without feeling guilty in any way. It’s like a drama within a drama, because the character going through the trial is reborn with no memories and has to live a whole new life. I usually like the Mortal Trial section of xianxia dramas.
  8. The villain is usually completely unhinged.
  9. The Emperor is a total a**hole - most of the time. The Empress may or may not be a witch.
  10. Somebody’s mother always dies tragically.
  11. Either because of a misunderstanding or on purpose, the ML does something to FL that makes her ignore him/hate him for a few hundred years/episodes.

To My Star - If I have had a bad day - This movie always lifts me up!

It is a BL - but it is so SWEET I can’t even stand it!

Is this my 3rd or 4th time watching the movie! HMMMMM :thinking:

Yeah, I think they didn’t know they were going to get the rights to the Pillow Book.

I enjoy all the rant videos about this show :rofl:. I think TMOPB/EL is one of the best Xian xia out there and very well known.

This last one had me laughing :rofl:.
Hahaha are you part of the Moyuan Fandom?

moyuan fandom? hmmm I will look into that today.

and thank you vivi_1485 for helping me understand that drama, maybe just maybe I will watch maybe again first episode at least

Love that girl on yt

I just finished watching The King’s Affection -> A really great show.

And I’m watching The Red Sleeve -> A really really great show.

Both shows are really, really good.

I know I’m not using a lot of words to describe these shows, but you really just have to see them yourselves, as I don’t want to spoil anything.

Great acting, great story, great camera angels, costumes etc!

lol, thanks for sharing this video. I haven’t made a decision about that and I have to recognize that I kind of wanted that they were together but I also love Yehua hahaha

Bonjour! J’aime tout que c’est francais … j’aime aussi la langue mais je ne le parle pas bien!

YES! This was adorable. I was recently under quarantine, having contracted the dreaded CoVID (ick), and I binged this in an afternoon. So sweet!