What are you currently watching?

Good luck, soldier! :joy::joy:

Though I love the genre, I really can’t watch them back to back - they drain too much out of me!

2 Likes

am I wrong again, but wasn’t there a drama like this some years ago? it so sounds familiar

2 Likes

I just looked it is 2022! On MDL it shows that also

1 Like

Apparently I enjoy living in the past. LOL. This one is from 2011 but the cinematic effects are very good (not grainy like some from this period). It’s well worth watching but like many of these period dramas, it has a fair share of bloodshed (not over-the-top violence though).

Now I’m in the current decade watching this one and man-oh-man, is it good!!! I love how the ML, Wallace Chung, is portraying his character. (I dig WC anyway.) Oh, and there is a really (and I do mean REALLY) hot kissing scene in the shower in episode 12. Their clothes are on but wow, it is NOT a two lips touching/fish lips kissing scene. I’m talking EXTREMELY passionate. I’ve never seen WC kiss like that before. (Yeah, I had to rewind a couple of times and then get a cold bottle of water out of the fridge to pour over my head to cool off type of kiss). Vivi would have to cover her eyes!

3 Likes

I knew @my_happy_place was my twin, but I didn’t know I was a triplet! :joy: I’m also watching Because of Love - I’m also a segger there!
I have never watched this genre before. You could say I was tricked into watching it - the synopsis promised me a different story and Wayne Wang blinded me lol. But I can’t stop watching it now! It’s mature and realistic, and the producers pay very close attention to detail. The editing is interesting - some scenes are completely silent with no bg music at all, but that contributes to the overall mood of the drama. I’m glad I’m watching Young Lady and Gentleman on the side to balance the emotions :smile:

And, well, there was no way I could avoid Episode 12 :joy::see_no_evil: It happened so unexpectedly… and I LOVED Wallace’s acting and line delivery there - I don’t know why people are fussing over his real voice. Who on EARTH would have been able to stop watching that scene?! It was so charged with emotion and the buildup was so well written. Though there were a million reasons they shouldn’t/wouldn’t/couldn’t have done it, I still knew without a doubt that it was going to happen the second they looked at each other. The main actors are amazing.

I still haven’t recovered from the shock :see_no_evil::see_no_evil: though I did look away towards the end lol it got way too much for me - @kdrama2020ali Even though I didn’t watch the whole scene, Episode 12’s shower kiss has totally earned top spots in your Best Kiss Ever and Water Scenes collections :hot_face:!

8 Likes

I love you @vivi_1485 you know when to tag me! I guess squirrel will be happening for this drama - although I am rewatching 30 but 17 with @my_happy_place

4 Likes

enjoy all the fluff 30 but 17 can give you… you have to be strong for Because of Love :sob::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have been trying to look for the other drama as well

1 Like

… since there are so many kitchen or cooking dramas, maybe you were reminded of one of these

3 Likes

disappointed about some series because i am watching the princess man from another site . it says you cant watch this series becvause of your region. what kind of centuries we will be having …,
and some new series doesnt have extensive site like hometown cha cha … and how can i reach any supervisor or admins here have got no ideas?
thanks already

3 Likes

Ok drama friends, I’m watching Mouse and was having great difficulty with the erroneous science until I shifted my thinking. If you’re going to watch it think of it as a Sci-Fi, the science is fictional so…

5 Likes

lutra, nope thats not it, like I said maybe I am wrong. thanks anyway

1 Like

I’m currently watching a Thai drama called The Player on YT. It’s a mystery thriller drama with some gay elements in it but it’s not a BL despite there being quite a few BL actors in it. One them is Tay Tawan from Dark Blue Kiss. The drama up till where I’ve watched has been really addictive. The plot is interesting with lots of twist and turns.

2 Likes

I’m currently watching SNOWDROP, and my heart ache so much for the beautiful young actress that is no longer with us, gifting us with her presence in dramas anymore. She’s now resting in peace, and I only hope her passing is not in vain, and we see stricter measure of help to see these young actress/actor getting the professional help they need so they can cope with whatever is mortifying them to such an extent that causes them to want to part from this Earthly world.

I feel like a beautiful flower was violently torn from this earth, and we need justice to be done to stop this from ever happening again. I did saw her in HELLBOUND, but didn’t know it was her until I saw it written in an article. I hope you guys get to see the drama. I don’t know why they make such a big deal for the ‘‘distortion’’ in its history bc as a viewer I never look as dramas as distorted truth or lies from the reality, but I see it just as a drama real or not real is not what’s important. To me is how well the characters play their roles, and they ALL did a great job until the end. REST IN PEACE child.

2 Likes

It’s all about buying licenses, unfortunately. Where there’s money involved and everything’s legal, we can’t have everything we want.

You can request for dramas you want to see on this site or in your region here:
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie

If there are enough requests, Viki will buy a license for your region.

3 Likes

I’m already on Episode 4 of [Snowdrop], and when the episode begins it says very clearly; ‘’[This is a fictional Story]’’ I didn’t see anything so far that the country could see as distorting the ‘‘truth’’ bc you can tell the writer created this story to make it so that the viewers kept watching as an entertainment and not a Lesson about SK youth movement and what happened in the past.This drama is really turning out to be more of a love story in a fictional historical frame. Except some parts are AWESOME! The Soul Train dance move was amazing!

It reminds me a lot of [CRASH LANDING ON YOU] a love story between two people from two different countries that don’t get along, but no biggie deal bc the LOVE BIRDS get along quite well. The reason of Kim Mi Soo dying is so strange to me since she didn’t looked sad or depressed, and didn’t give hints like Sulli and the 2 young guys that committed suicide had WHILE filming a drama.

It’s so sad that a country gets so easily manipulated by the public’s opinion ( the netizens?). This drama deserves to be watched by everyone who wants to do so bc the acting is so great, and the story is different and entertaining for a change. It also gives CHICAGO TYPEWRITER vives.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that SNOWDROP had anything to do with that girl’s passing. My sincere condolence to the family. . NOW to sleep bc I’m so sleepy is not even funny. I hope I make sense in what I wrote; I feel DRUNK with sleep lol

1 Like

The two situations are very different, actually… we shouldn’t be saying anything about it. The incidents occurred in the 1980s, so there are still people living with fresh first-hand memories of the brutality and tragedy. History comes with certain feelings that only the community who experienced it can feel.

2 Likes

Depression isn’t always expressed to outsiders, it’s not necessarily constant either. There’s also a type of depression called smiling depression, where the person is depressed but it’s not obvious to the people around them.

I haven’t read this full article but here is one of the many I saw on smiling depression
Smiling Depression - What Is High-Functioning Depression? (womenshealthmag.com)

Here’s another one that I skimmed that looks good.
Things Only People With Smiling Depression Understand - Paradigm Treatment

4 Likes

tandereno_980

going to other sites to watch something really bugs me, but just remember its the licensing of these dramas Viki has a problem with. I also agree, there should be a way, this has been going on for some years. I also get frustrated, watching the same dramas over and over again, which of course I love them, but still! are all those sites “pirating” all those dramas?? Iqi I just recently found, but in the long run you have to join, drama cool is another one, also asian crush is a good one. oh yeah NF, and amazon prime but I still like Viki, their subbing is a whole lot better than some of those I mentioned. so yes I am standing up for Viki this morning.

I copied this from vivi-1485

You can request for dramas you want to see on this site or in your region here:
https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034633713-Request-a-TV-Show-or-Movie

If there are enough requests, Viki will buy a license for your region.

1 Like

I just finished ‘Would you like a cup of coffee?’. It’s a cute short drama with only 12 episodes of 30 minutes long. So it’s good for in-between drama’s or if you’re watching a more serious drama and want something lighter afterwards.
Something I really liked is that all the languages fully translated in the first episodes are also fully translated in all other episodes. So far, it’s only the second drama on Viki where I saw this happen.

4 Likes