What are you currently watching?

yes I liked it too, short & sweet

so this is very different from Color Rush the original - which I loved!

It is getting more into the issues of Monos and Probes

ML was replaced with Hyuk from VIXX - but I actually like this character

Here is my Hot in the Kitchen Collection

If you are looking for cooking dramas!?

1 Like

ok,ok! I put most of them on my list to re watch, so I will be watching some “cooking” shows… Kdrama thanks!!

1 Like

oh my goodness! I found something that just may be what I am looking for!! I hope this doesnt disappoint me!! um spanish?? how did I copy spanish!

Interesting! yall it isn’t in spanish

Mirror: a story of twin cities | Rakuten Viki
In a world populated by powerful gods and mortals at war, two enchanted beings find themselves in a kingdom of peace: they are Su Mo (Li Yi Feng), a prince of sea gods, and Bai Ying (Chen Yu Qi), a princess and descendant of

3 Likes

i just read some of the comments, boring? I am on the first and finishing it up, without giving anything away, the one guy played on an oriental odessey, and he had an awesome act in that one! now another one. I really hope this will be a good one!, no If I put what I was going to put on it would be a spoiler, so y’all have to find out for yourselves, the other main lead actor played on love actually, and that one was good too. got some awesome actors playing in this

2 Likes

@sweetybirdtoo

Thanks for the links. The hardest part of this is to think that maybe this precious life was lost over a drama that is clearly stated as a Fictional story, and we all know by now, they have also done that with many Joseon Era historical dramas. If we believe everything we see in Korean dramas; What that says about us? (Unless of course is noted in the intro: Based on Actual Events/Based on Real Life Stories).

Her role was just another role in a drama, and she was quite good at it. I believe she didn’t look depressed because she was so proud of her great work as an actress in that drama. I honestly can say that she was brilliant in her role. So I understand the devastation and pain she must have felt with all those criticism, and who knows personal attacks bc by now we know how cruel and evil humanity can be sometimes, even to the point of driving someone to the edge.

History (telling/writing) will always be seen different by every individual, depending on what side or what part they played in the story, so unless we were in those shoes, in that place at that time (1980’s), we can’t say who was right or who was wrong, and even WHAT they went through bc we were not there. I rather see it as a Fictional LOVE story with all its tragedy involved (which Asian writers love so much to write about). Another beautiful and well done tragic love story.

1 Like

C-drama, :large_blue_circle: Girl In Blue :large_blue_circle: Episode 13 :large_blue_circle:
Ohhh!! I am so livid right now!!

:crazy_face: No! You need to apologize! :triumph: :crazy_face: You’re the one with the job in the public’s eye, attracting paparazzi, and media attention!! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :joy::joy::joy::rofl: That’s me venting on one of the SFL/wing-woman in this drama.

This, the type of bro-mance in this drama, lacks a two way communication. I mean who does things like he does!! That’s betrayal! :pouting_cat: Betrayal in every area of their bro-mance! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::roll_eyes:

1 Like

I already finished this drama now. I quite liked it, since the mood was quite “tranquil”, I was in need of such a drama, others might say it is boring or slow. But well - always watch the drama you need!

5 Likes

I’m watching Nothing But You

It’s not the best drama of the year but the FL is cute and funny! I like her.

1 Like

I just finished watching the last episode of Reset (not subbed, just Raw) on another site and I’m excited to rewatch the next five episodes (aka ep.11-15) in English sub here on Viki. I’m very thankful for the quick subbing!

I won’t spoil anything but I’m just gonna say I’m really impressed with the production and the acting. I did feel that the plot focused a little too much on dialogue in some episodes. I also feel that the drama could have benefitted from one more episode (I can’t really say why until it gets subbed). The relationship development is phenomenal and the chemistry is so beautiful! I would love to see the leads together again in another drama, it doesn’t need to be romantic (but romance between them doesn’t hurt!), that’s how much I like their chemistry.

Now, I must go and fill this hole in my heart with other time loop dramas! I guess it’s a phase now lol :smile:

3 Likes

Okay, so I’m trying to only post shows that I’ve finished. lol
For someone reason if I post them without finishing them, they end up being left behind.

So last week I finished, (edit: this is a rewatch btw)

For anyone who hasn’t seen, Eternal Love, the leads in, The Pillow Book, were sort of the 2nd ml/fl in there. BUT you must forget everything about them that existed in EL.

In, The Pillow Book, Dong Hua Dijun (ml) is much more playful and less stoic. He’s very jealous and protective of Fengjiu (fl). There are parts I like, and parts that bore me to death. I didn’t FF anything but I did ignore some scenes and did other things. lol - My annoyance was towards the fl’s love rival. - eye roll :roll_eyes: I cannot stand her. The two main things that irks me about both EL & TPB are the fl love rivals. Both Sujin -iishh- and Jiheng -iishh- feel my irritation? The ONLY thing they like to brag about was how their family/clan/or ancestor fought (and sacrificed) for the heavenly realm. Like… okay? but what did you do for the world? NOTHING. That’s all they do, is riding the coattails of their relatives. They think the mls owe them the world or something. The good thing about these two shows is that, the FLs are very strong minded and independent. They can sacrifice their own lives for the greater good.

Anyway, TPB is the less “sad emo” one compared to EL. EL just had me crying in almost every episode. :sob:

4 Likes

Right after I finished, The Pillow Book, I finished, Love and Destiny.

This plot flowed smoother than the two previous xianxias I mentioned. It also has more depth and character development. I liked most everything about this one EXCEPT the demon portal… the CGI for the portal looks so funny… if you’ve seen this you might know what I mean LOL I can’t take it seriously.

The whole demon lord trying to resurrect was the main point of this drama. Everything kind of revolved around keeping the demon lord from getting released and destroying the world. cough cough just like all the other xianxia plots. lol

I got lazy around ep. 55 and started FF because although it’s well written throughout, the thing that’s lacking is the repetitive schemes of the female general Yutong aka the fl love rival. The writers really dragged out her character’s plot. She just kept getting meaner and dumber at the same time. She lies, is very delusional, and denies the consequences of her actions. Idk why the heavenly lord was so lenient in her punishments. Her clansmen’s honor means nothing if she’s just abusing it.

4 Likes

Just finished the drama Argon - the last drama of actor Kim Joo Hyuk (he died in 2017) - it is about a news broadcasting program and the ethics of journalism, politicians and maybe society as a whole. It only has 8 episodes so no time to waste, I wouldn’t call it fast-paced, but I really enjoyed watching Kim Joo Hyuk’s work, it took me more than 4 years to finally watch it. If you like dramas with political schemes and critical journalism and the limitations because of corruption, this would be a drama for you, there is no romance, if you wanted to know. I liked it a lot, but I am biased here, since it was with an actor I really liked and appreciated his work since I first saw him in Terroir. I wished, I could have seen more of his work, but even he got leading roles, he was not the actor many would fan-girl about, so there is a small variety I could choose from here in Europe.
Try, if you like this genre, shorter dramas, Kim Joo Hyuk, of course you would need access to the drama and I wish you luck, if you are looking for it as it is not at Viki, yeah - too little romance, too little violence I guess.

That brings me to the next drama I started, am I on a roll, I don’t know - fortunately it is at Viki

I am only at episode 3 and if there is romance to come it might be later, but I do not mind dramas with little to none romance at all, if the story gets me. It is slow, meticulous by showing the everyday life of teachers, especially those who just started or are not at full employment yet.
The starting point is that a girl gets rescued in what was supposed to be an ordinary field trip, a bus gets in an accident in a tunnel, the girl with an injured leg gets stuck in the bus all people were safe, but she was left behind. Her teacher injured himself went back to get her knowing an explosion could happen any time soon …
She gets rescued but her teacher is killed from the explosion, at his funeral she gets to know that he was “only” a temporary teacher, not fully employed, not with many rights covered, so his family, wife and little son are left without compensation.
The girl then decides to become a teacher and to see for herself from the basic, if it is still like that the teachers with no full employment get exploited and used as real teachers on the surface, as outsiders pupils like parents are not aware of this practice.

I find it interesting, but for others it might be too long-winded, still I will stick with it as it is a school drama not from the perspective of the teenage pupils.

3 Likes

I love this drama and I cried at the end (because I knew it was the last thing I would see Kim Joo Hyuk in).
But the drama itself was very well done. I remember that you mentioned in the past that you weren’t able to finish it, so I’m glad you finally could :blush:

2 Likes

LOL I couldn’t even start it back then, but it is all good now.

3 Likes

Kim Nam Gil never disappoints me. On my third episode, and I so much recommend you guys to check it out, and watch this great drama that although has different versions of it, this is by far the best version I’ve seen.

2 Likes

the firey priest guy, yes I have started watching this as well, going on my third too

1 Like

RIP Kim Joo Hyuk Our Guteng Oppa :sob::sob:
I cannot watch that drama. He was my favorite on the variety show 2N1D. I completely stopped watching after he passed away. It still hurts to think we can’t see him on tv anymore.

3 Likes

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!

FINALLY!!! SEO BOK IS HERE! :heart_eyes:

OMGOMGOMG!!! GONG YOO and BOGUMMY!!! :star_struck:
I have been waiting so LONG for this movie! :sunglasses:

Guess what I am watching!
(Today’s segging jobs just got tossed out the window!)

9 Likes