What are you currently watching?

glad you liked it, and thanks for the review - you you put my FOMO over EL and TMOPB to rest now :sweat_smile:

the CGI for the demon portal… i don’t think ANYONE could take that demon lord seriously AT ALL - even the TCs would not STOP calling it “the almighty butthole” and it just cracked me up every single time.

3 Likes

I am so excited to watch this. :raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

I cannot with that CGI :rofl:
Like why did they make it like that? And when the demon lord was “talking” it would move hahahahah

1 Like

Why does Beavis and Butthead come to mind when I read this? :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

it wouldnt just move, it pulsated :sob::sob::sob: I would have been crying rivers because of something one of the characters did, and then this scene would come up and I’d switch to laughing like a maniac - especially when the butthole interacted with that evil guy whatshisname and gave him powers or whatever :joy::joy::clown_face: the way it sucks him in and then spits him out i just COULD NOT take any of the villains seriously

3 Likes

Yes! Omg the pulsating effect was too much! Ling Xi dies right in front of the portal and it’s literally just PULSATING :rofl: I wanted to cry but the scene was conflicting with my emotions lol :sob:

2 Likes

I haven’t seen LaD yet (and not sure I will).
I’m assuming you are talking about LaD, but to have an repeating joke like that in the TCs and have it come up during emotional scenes is something that I’ve experienced before. Laughing through the tears :laughing:

3 Likes

Yes! I remember one joke in I’m Not A Robot, where everyone collectively decided to blame that gold-digger foreigner girlfriend(a very minor character) for every single mishap and accident that occurs in the drama :joy: most of it wouldn’t even be related to her but at least one person in the TCs would go “all this happened because she left Johnny” and I’d crack up no matter what was going on in the drama

urs things like these that make me miss the TCs when I’m watching dramas on a different site

2 Likes

I have that too!
At least with YT, you have the comments underneath the video, which is also fun, but you do miss it from time to time.

2 Likes

Oh yes! That one! I started that maybe 5 or 6 times already and got distracted by other shows and have never gotten past I think Ep 5 lol But I forget what happened and have to start over. lol Needless to say, I have not gotten very far. :smirk:

(Ok Sheldon, I heard that “If it’s needless to say, then why say it.” remark.) :smirk::rofl:

3 Likes

Excellent work by @manganese and all in the team. Is a BL family oriented movie. Very tender.

1 Like

I’m currently watching Ghost Doctor because Kim Boem is such a cutie! :heart_eyes: but I know that shouldn’t be the only reason. Even though there are some things medically wrong with the show such as the surgical team not having any protective eye wear during surgery and the fact that the surgical table is below what is considered the sterile field, I find it entertaining since I see some of my co-workers as characters in this show. The story line is entertaining and I can’t wait to see how it ends since I have a few theories of my own and want to know if I’m right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I watched the first 8 episodes of Hello, the Sharpshooter and I’m in heaven… I didn’t even realize I needed a new Xing Fei drama. I totally melted for 8 episodes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. A very well chosen cast.

3 Likes

What is that ending? :rofl:
I had a feeling that the ending was going to be considerably weaker than the rest of the series, considering that they spent so much time making the “villains” anti-hero’s, but no one is having it (FIY, I actually don’t mind redemption arcs for villains, but in this drama they had a weird way of picking and choosing which characters got it).

Oh well. It’s over :blush:. Some of the actors were really great and others… I hope they improve in their next work :see_no_evil:.

This has been on my list for so long, so might watch it:

It does take a bit of time to get hooked. Somewhere around ep.10 is when things get more interesting. I admit I fall asleep sometimes during the show. :rofl: These long dramas take time to brew up the excitement.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the extremely pretty CGI held my attention in the beginning until the plot started to get interesting :sweat_smile: though i still get caught off-guard with the very beautiful sets, especially the FL’s cherry blossom forest home. I also love her little monster pet - for once in a xianxia, the CGI pet actually looked cute and passed as a live animal

2 Likes

Since I haven’t seen a Chinese costume drama in a while, last night I started Pearl Eclipse. I was totally surprised and delighted by the production and how the action went in the first 9 episodes. Many sleepless nights ahead for me to watch it. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Good subtitles in the drama. Great ML and FL. Cast members are awesome too. Come watch!

3 Likes

This drama was one of the best romance fantasy crime mystery dramas I have watched. I could watch this many times.
I found it by chance and had it on my watchlist. I love this one and added it to my collection.

So I will suggest watching this one!!

6 Likes

I agree! Everything from the plot, music, setting, actors, etc… It’s one of the best I’ve ever watched.

2 Likes