What are you currently watching?

I currently binged flower of evil and now I´m watching the drama mine (but it´s sadly not available here)

1 Like

This was funny in how totally over the top he was being, since obviously it was an act, but it was so ridiculous that her friends thought it was great! If a friend’s new boyfriend insisted on walking her to the restroom at a restaurant, I would think there was some kind of serious abusive personality there. I have never understood the equation in Asian dramas of love with extreme jealousy, and I -love- the dramas where the leads trust each other (eg Love O2O).

That said, I’m loving the drama in general. It’s exactly the lighthearted distraction I need from end of term writing and other things I “should” be doing.

3 Likes

I say that at least 10 times in every episode of every drama.
They are either stalking or clingy and jealous, even when the other person clearly doesn’t care or respond.

1 Like

Well, it was meant to be an exaggeration… “I’ll just watch you eat because you’re so pretty” was obviously waaaaaayyyy too over-the-top. I think it was meant for us to go “Are you SERIOUS?!” when the two girls started getting jealous.

I keep seeing scenes I loved in different CEO dramas coming up here with a twist and it’s so cool. The scene you’re talking about reminds me of the one in Tomorrow With You, when ML decides to take revenge on FL’s fake friend who kept publicly insulting and shaming her. It was less over-the-top, but I remember him overacting in the same way and offering to walk FL to the restroom with her… and then when she leaves, gives the fake friend a good talking-to. Didn’t expect this drama ML to actually get up and go but it was still funny… the drama seems to be making fun of all the cheesy tropes out there while also taking full advantage of the very same tropes in all their fluffy, heart-fluttering glory :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::joy:

yeah I also hate it when they get over-the-top petty and forceful :roll_eyes:(Yes, I’m looking at every CEO cdrama on the planet)
But in reasonable amounts while keeping things light - it’s funny

1 Like

That’s true, but sadly most dramas I’ve seen portray it as “romantic”. If some of those “romantic” things had happened to me, I’d a) call the police, b) get a taser c) leave the city and I certainly wouldn’t date the psycho person.

On topic

What I’m currently watching:

Enemy (2021)
Reset (2022)
Double Tap (2021)

finishing Age of Legends (2018? ) and Decoded (2016) (both are 15-20 episodes too long)

and rewatching Reborn (2020) and Sword and Brocade (2021) for language practice

4 Likes

I had this one in my watch list for a very long time and finally gave it a go after reassurances from @vivi_1485. In all the times I considered it and passed it by, I never realized it was a short little drama. If I had, I may have checked it off my list a while ago. It turned out to be fairly cute and without much stress, so it was a quick, easy watch, which is just what I needed.

4 Likes

This is a very interesting drama, I started watching by chance and I so loved it! It was completely something different and unexpected!! The lead is so handsome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Somebody recommended also Sparrow, this is a similar genre and very good too, I can’t tell where it’s licensed.

4 Likes

It was indeed. I liked the idea. I didn’t really like the drama, but the lead did a good job and the fact that the production dared to portray a different character without ridiculing him or making him the comic relief was inspiring. I made myself watch it just for that reason.

I tried to watch Sparrow in the past but it was a bit slow and extremely predictable and I quit after a few tries. I may give it another change if people think it is good.

3 Likes

Just started:

https://www.viki.com/tv/36728c-extra-ordinary-you?q=extraordina

It took me too long to finally start this one, and it’s kind of weird so far but I like it.
r0VdNf

BxRgqf

I have to say that I’m too partial since I love Ro Woon, but let’s see lol
sf9-rowoon

9 Likes

It’s good but gets repetitive. I dropped it before finishing the whole series. I just lost interest after waiting each week.

4 Likes

I finished that one about a month ago, it was pretty nice, but it does get repetitive. In the end, I was more interested in the historical story. If they made a spin-off of that, I’d probably watch it.

3 Likes

Ohh let’s see, I found it kind of funny but yep it gets repetitive.

1 Like

Great! thanks for sharing that. Let’s see, as I said I love Rowoon so… lol

1 Like

I started “The Cursed” on the big ‘N’ platform. So far it is dark and mysterious with some gruesome moments thrown in, but I am intrigued. The young actress (I think high school age in the show) is playing her role of the mysterious enchanter (someone possessed by a spirit that allows them to place curses on people) really well. Wanting to know more about her character is what keeps me watching.

1 Like

The young actress is the one from Parasite, Imitation and Doom at your service, btw.

2 Likes

I saw that on her MDL page, but I haven’t seen any of those. She is good, though.

I’d recommend Imitation, although her hairstyle was terrible in it.

2 Likes

Oh my gosh, I didn’t even realize she was the main girl from that. Based on the clips I have seen from Imitation, I never would have figured out that they are the same person.

2 Likes

I started this one with 0 expectations and I really enjoyed it! Actually, I was thinking of rewatching it lol

3 Likes

I am back from my trip so gotta get back into watching the dramas!!

the oath of love, I want to start the cursed, sounds interesting, and a superior day, planning to watch kill heel, at least its a start

3 Likes